Proposal: NJ - CHI

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Gusev has struggled this season, but still have to figure he's worth a little bit more than that.

Not sure what the hell's happened this year, but Gusev scored at a 55 point pace last season including a 64 point pace over the final 36 games.

The Devils got a high fifth rounder back from Buffalo last season for a washed up Simmonds.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
3rd at the minimum. Somehow got a 5th for Simmonds last year and while Goose has struggled this year hes worth more than a 5th

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
I think that's a fair deal value wise considering his bad play recently. I'm not sure where he would slot on the Hawks roster, but he really doesn't fit anywhere in the Devils lineup. Doesn't seem to work with anyone this year and can't produce 5-on-5 or on the PP. He has been really bad this year, but he could work on another team. Maybe. He gave the Devils very good offensive production towards the end of last year so an argument could be made he is worth more, but I'd be ok with a fifth.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Goose will probably still bring in a 3rd, or a low end prospect.. I think NJ will attempt to send him in a trade for a cap dump just to up the value a little

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Gusev has struggled this season, but still have to figure he's worth a little bit more than that.

Not sure what the hell's happened this year, but Gusev scored at a 55 point pace last season including a 64 point pace over the final 36 games.

The Devils got a high fifth rounder back from Buffalo last season for a washed up Simmonds.
This confuses me so much. Is it a 55 point pace or a 64 point pace? And how many did he actually end up with?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This confuses me so much. Is it a 55 point pace or a 64 point pace? And how many did he actually end up with?
It's basically a way to highlight production to be viewed as a bigger deal... Gusev scored 44 points last season in 66 games. Good for 55 points pace over 82 games, but if you ignore the beginning of the season and only count the last 36 games, he scored at a higher rate, so over an 82 game pace his production is now highlighted at 64 points. It's stat pumping to get you to believe the player is better. He had 8 points in his first 21 games last season. 5 in his first 20 this season. So maybe he just needs to get going...

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

A 55 point over the entire season - 44 points in 66 games.

Gusev started the season slow, scoring 8 points in his first 20 games (33 point pace) before finishing the season with 36 points in the final 46 games (64 point pace).

Appeared he had some adjustment to the NHL the first few weeks of the season before finding his groove and finishing strong.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I'm all for it. low cost to see if he clicks. would probably be cheap to re-sign too. if not, don't need to re-sign at all and chicago has plenty of cap space.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Devils likely look (and find better options) taking a warm body back rather than a late pick.

I'd rather try to trade Gusev for that middling defender that can't quite seem to make the NHL jump and give him a run for the rest of the year when the Devils inevitably trade Vatanen, Murray, or Kulikov.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I'm fully expecting Gusev to be moved at the deadline. He hasn't meshed with Ruff's system at all, and it has completely hindered his skill game.

I'd hold out for a better pick, but I don't expect anything more than a 3rd.

I'd say, the whole Devils team doesn't mesh with his system. They played way better under Nasreddine. Now I see, why Rangers' fans were so happy, when they found out about new Devils' head coach...

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Is it a 2022 5th, that slightly improves it for me. A 2022 4th would really wow me.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I'd say, the whole Devils team doesn't mesh with his system. They played way better under Nasreddine. Now I see, why Rangers' fans were so happy, when they found out about new Devils' head coach...
Disagree, NJ just isn't finishing 5 on 5 and their special teams were terrible. 5 on 5 they are a decent team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00