Proposal: Nino Niederreiter?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He's gotten 3 points in 64 games in the NHL. He is already complaining about his playing time. I know he's got talent and i'm sure he'll turn into something good. Just don't know if i want to give up on a young goalie and knight. If we got him for caron I'd take that but i assume the isles aren't that inept.

I'd probably take a shot with Caron but no way on the other two. Nino should have never been that high he had a great WJC....reminds some of Landon Wilson- atleast that is what I heard (big, skates well, had a sizzle moment)

Wilson is harsh but Steve Bernier is my take- not a bad player but....

if we want to over pay for a 5th overall pick- Raffi Torres can be probably be had

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
I'd probably take a shot with Caron but no way on the other two. Nino should have never been that high he had a great WJC....reminds some of Landon Wilson- atleast that is what I heard (big, skates well, had a sizzle moment)

There was a lot of talk about how he was the youngest player in the draft that year too.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
There was a lot of talk about how he was the youngest player in the draft that year too.

I like Nino- especially after seeing how much fun he had at the All-Star game....just not sure why he isn't up right now in the Island. The other thing was he really struggled last year and hope he doesn't end up with the Kyle Turris to early syndrome.

I have no idea what his value is but really unless the Bruins get him handed over why bother- they have few spots and lots of good prospects: Spooner, Koko, Griffith, Camara, Knight, Sauve, Caron etc up front they drafted....

To bad Burke wasn't around this just smells Toronto....I was surprised at the Islanders game to see McDonald playing and not Nino....maybe they are making him play the year in the AHL like what Phoenix did with Turris after extensive time in the NHL

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
He didn't get the chance to compete for an NHL job this year was his gripe. He's playing plenty in the AHL.

My guess is that they'd insert him in Bourque's spot immediately, so it's not as though the same would apply here, and his skillset (bigger bodied wing) would fit in well with Kelly and Pevs.

While Caron/Krug/1st might have been an overstatement on my part, the Bruins likely aren't going to get a chance to add top 5 talent very many more times in the near future, and I think they have the organizational depth to give up quantity for upside.

even if we brought him in, I don't see the front office putting Nino on the roster over guys like McD, Spooner, Bourque, etc. If he doesn't like riding the bus in the A....he's not going to like it much better if he moves to Providence.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
even if we brought him in, I don't see the front office putting Nino on the roster over guys like McD, Spooner, Bourque, etc. If he doesn't like riding the bus in the A....he's not going to like it much better if he moves to Providence.

I think the front office would be foolish to not deal for this player if their reservation is holding back Chris Bourque or Lane McDermid. Spooner is a center, so I could see them wanting him to grow his two way game in Providence for a while anyway. Non-issue. If they thought Nino could grow into a 20-25 goal guy in Boston, absolutely worth putting him on the 3rd line for the rest of the season. They're carrying an AHL player there right now anyway.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
I think the front office would be foolish to not deal for this player if their reservation is holding back Chris Bourque or Lane McDermid. Spooner is a center, so I could see them wanting him to grow his two way game in Providence for a while anyway. Non-issue. If they thought Nino could grow into a 20-25 goal guy in Boston, absolutely worth putting him on the 3rd line for the rest of the season. They're carrying an AHL player there right now anyway.

Nino was dynamic as a junior, but my point was that if he can't crack an Islanders lineup...how can he crack a Bruins lineup unless the front office is specifcaly makigng room for him (something I only recall seeing with veterans so far).

I haven't been watching, but how is it that he could not crack the Islanders lineup?

Orrthebest

May 25, 2012
People are offering way too much for Nino. Before the WJC he was rated as a mid to late first rounder. One headcase for another Caron and a 4th rounder is as much as we should offer.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
People are offering way too much for Nino. Before the WJC he was rated as a mid to late first rounder. One headcase for another Caron and a 4th rounder is as much as we should offer.

Even as a mid first rounder, that's not even close to being enough. He's 6'2, 205lb 20 year old who's scoring nearly a point per game in the AHL. You're going to need to give up something worth while to get him, probably not as much as before now that he has asked for a trade.

RaybCamn

Oct 16, 2010
Trade him for Tim Thomas his contract was tolled till next year hes way better than any of the tenders for Isles. Give them a second round, truth to tell Spooner should be in the Nhl right now hes already a better player than anyone on our 4th line and I think better than Bourque and Kelly in a couple years he will blow the doors off of Peverly. So lets bring in another player that will sit in the minors and do us no good. Caron is not making it in the AHL nevermind the NHL.

Orrthebest

May 25, 2012
Trade him for Tim Thomas his contract was tolled till next year hes way better than any of the tenders for Isles. Give them a second round, truth to tell Spooner should be in the Nhl right now hes already a better player than anyone on our 4th line and I think better than Bourque and Kelly in a couple years he will blow the doors off of Peverly. So lets bring in another player that will sit in the minors and do us no good. Caron is not making it in the AHL nevermind the NHL.

So let me get this straight a guy who has 10 goals and 12 assists and is a +3 in 71 games will never be good enough for the NHL but a guy who has 2 goals and 1 assist and a whooping -30 in 64 games is worth trading for?

RaybCamn

Oct 16, 2010
Yes i would NN but i would not not give away any of our current prospects I like that he is 19 and still has 3 years to get to the same age as Caron. Heck I will take that chance, I will not sacrofice our furture for a maybe. but I will take a chance on a player that has a better upside that what we loose, why wouldnt you

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I love how everyone is vilifying Nino but had every excuse in the book for St. Sobotka.

love the nickname 'the saint' for Sob considering how he plays:handclap:

Claude asking Chia to pick up Yelle was the one move I have hated. Sobotka should have had that spot and right now would be doing what he is doing in St Louis (hey, St Sobotka in St Louis:biglaugh:) here

Sobotka would be perfect to play LW with his speed, defense, and big hits (although not happy he hit the Thornton's Shawn two years ago and Joe last year)

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
love the nickname 'the saint' for Sob considering how he plays:handclap:

Claude asking Chia to pick up Yelle was the one move I have hated. Sobotka should have had that spot and right now would be doing what he is doing in St Louis (hey, St Sobotka in St Louis:biglaugh:) here

Sobotka would be perfect to play LW with his speed, defense, and big hits (although not happy he hit the Thornton's Shawn two years ago and Joe last year)

I concur!:teach:

Justin St Pierre

Dec 16, 2011
I would do this but I am more than aware that the Bruins would never even consider it:

To NYI
Subban
Caron
Sauve

To BOS
Niederreiter

First-round pick with some risk involved plus two guys who probably need a change of scenery in exchange for a higher first-round pick with some risk but a bit less.

It's not a doubt of Subban, for the record. Just a recognition that goaltending prospects are hard to develop and evaluate, and that there is depth at that position in the Bruins. The franchise does not ride on him and this will always be a desirable place for a goaltender from another team who is available for trade or as a free agent if the Bruins ever needed someone beyond Rask/Khudobin/Svedberg.

The Bruins won't do it and I totally, 100% understand that, too. I just don't think it would be horrible or unfathomable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad