Player Discussion Nils Lundkvist

LoveGoons

Mar 3, 2021
How is Nils Lundkvist looking during trading camp?? This was perfect landing spot for him. Rangers did not want to trade him but his agent is a big DB on the ice and off..if he can get a vet to tutor him he will be a solid 3-5 d man with a great pp shot..

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
How is Nils Lundkvist looking during trading camp?? This was perfect landing spot for him. Rangers did not want to trade him but his agent is a big DB on the ice and off..if he can get a vet to tutor him he will be a solid 3-5 d man with a great pp shot..

We haven't seen any footage of him yet but we will know a lot more after tonight. He's playing the #1D role for Dallas tonight and it's being streamed on Dallasstars.com

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Agree even if the NYR get an NHLer from our 1st. Lundkvist looked good tonight and will fit in well this new offensive system.

He looked great out there. As a Ranger fan I kind of wish we got at least a 2nd with the 1st or something. Or like Mavrik Bourque.... haha. I'm actually starting to think that might end up having been fair.

But I have to say, something else out there made me even angrier, I am even more upset Drury drafted Othmann over Wyatt Johnston. Love Othmann, but Johnston is going to be magic. And lord knows we need a young stud center. Not the only team that will be regretting that one, and Stankoven for that matter.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
He looked great out there. As a Ranger fan I kind of wish we got at least a 2nd with the 1st or something. Or like Mavrik Bourque.... haha. I'm actually starting to think that might end up having been fair.

But I have to say, something else out there made me even angrier, I am even more upset Drury drafted Othmann over Wyatt Johnston. Love Othmann, but Johnston is going to be magic. And lord knows we need a young stud center. Not the only team that will be regretting that one, and Stankoven for that matter.
Nill wasn’t open to trading one of our top three forwards, I believe, but I didn’t mind a 1st + the 3rd/4th like others were so upset about.

Johnston looked quietly good tonight and we’ll get Stankoven next season.

edit - Lundkvist is fixing to fill Klingbergs shoes.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Trade won.

Easy call.

Can't believe so many hockey fans put so much value in magic beans over actual players.
What's the old saying, "One in hand is worth two in the bush?"

TBH, I still see this as a pretty conservative and value conscious trade by Nill. First round picks have value, but what he did was trade a 2023 or 4 pick for an earlier first round talent of similar value. When you factor in the time value of a player as an asset, I tend to believe (of course, I want to believe) that Dallas won the trade.

The only caveat might be to see a Stars team wavering at the 11th spot tank just to get to the top 10 and keep the lottery chance at no. 1 this year. That would be a very specific level of tanking, LOL>

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
When I saw the trade, I knew next to nothing about Lundkvist. The 1st round pick is a high value asset. Now that I have gotten a proper look at Lundkvist, I understand why it took a high value asset to get him. I'd rather have Lundkvist than the 1st right now, but that can change as soon as the first losing streak.

Last edited:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
What's the old saying, "One in hand is worth two in the bush?"

TBH, I still see this as a pretty conservative and value conscious trade by Nill. First round picks have value, but what he did was trade a 2023 or 4 pick for an earlier first round talent of similar value. When you factor in the time value of a player as an asset, I tend to believe (of course, I want to believe) that Dallas won the trade.

The only caveat might be to see a Stars team wavering at the 11th spot tank just to get to the top 10 and keep the lottery chance at no. 1 this year. That would be a very specific level of tanking, LOL>
And even with a first round pick having a lot of value because of the mystery box potential, the reality of 16-20 overall pick where this one is likely to land is very much like Nill paying Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad