Confirmed with Link: Nils Lundkvist to DAL for 2023 Protected 1st

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Thomas Harley is eating his lunch - Nils will hopefully find success in Sweden next year. The coaches saw it last year but he's not good. Giving him more ice time isn't going to change that.

View attachment 785599
image0-3.jpg

Harley bad?

• Wow
Reactions: starsfan86

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
eh, jani is fine on the pk.

and no nhl team has 6 solid defenseman and a forward core that doesn't have holes. it's the beauty of the salary cap man. parity!
I think adding one good defender will work wonders. They don't need three new guys. One good addition takes the place of Lundkvist/Hanley and demotes Suter to the third pair. It fixed multiple problems at the same time.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Suter pretty consistent on those charts.
Elite like W3dg3wood :sarcasm:

I think adding one good defender will work wonders. They don't need three new guys. One good addition takes the place of Lundkvist/Hanley and demotes Suter to the third pair. It fixed multiple problems at the same time.
Suter is never getting demoted to the third pair. We'd need a legit #2 for him to even be bumped off the top pair.

• Haha
Reactions: starsfan86

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
For that game using shot counts like these charts do, he was. Harley was on the ice for 7 CF and 24 CA. Funny enough, Harley wasn't on the ice for any of the goals against despite the shot totals. Miro was the only defender on ice for all three goals against.

But Harley also won the game, and that matters a lot more than shot numbers.

Suter is never getting demoted to the third pair. We'd need a legit #2 for him to even be bumped off the top pair.
Suter only got pushed up to the top pair at the end of last season. He can get pushed back down.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
For that game using shot counts like these charts do, he was. Harley was on the ice for 7 CF and 24 CA. Funny enough, Harley wasn't on the ice for any of the goals against despite the shot totals. Miro was the only defender on ice for all three goals against.

But Harley also won the game, and that matters a lot more than shot numbers.

Suter only got pushed up to the top pair at the end of last season. He can get pushed back down.
Sure, if Nill magically found a legit #2.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022

Would you trade Mavrik Bourque in a deal for Jakob Chychrun ($4.6M AAV this year and next, then is a UFA)?

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Would you trade Mavrik Bourque in a deal for Jakob Chychrun ($4.6M AAV this year and next, then is a UFA)?
Nope, I think Nill would move stankoven before Bourque. Especially with how well Bourque is playing. If they had the cap space I think he would have been in Dallas already.

Although, Chychrun did try to go with the stars player after the game and not with his teammates. Could be a sign he wants to come to Dallas.

I would entertain Lundkvist and Dellandrea. Sens could use a RHD.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
Nope, I think Nill would move stankoven before Bourque. Especially with how well Bourque is playing. If they had the cap space I think he would have been in Dallas already.

Although, Chychrun did try to go with the stars player after the game and not with his teammates. Could be a sign he wants to come to Dallas.

I would entertain Lundkvist and Dellandrea. Sens could use a RHD.

I suppose this sums up HFBoards...I come in and completely undervalue a player/prospect on your team, and you rebut by completely undervaluing a player on my team haha.

But good to know!

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
I suppose this sums up HFBoards...I come in and completely undervalue a player/prospect on your team, and you rebut by completely undervaluing a player on my team haha.

But good to know!
Brother, your guy is talented but also a red flag factory

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

And also just got traded last year so if we're not at least meeting that value, it's an easy no

Lundkvist + Dellandrea is not an appealing package

And as usual, our prospects do not get the hype they deserve, so it's reasonable for fans of other teams to not immediately realize just how valuable guys like Bourque and Stankoven (hell, even Johnston still) are

Reactions: Elysian

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
And also just got traded last year so if we're not at least meeting that value, it's an easy no

Lundkvist + Dellandrea is not an appealing package

And as usual, our prospects do not get the hype they deserve, so it's reasonable for fans of other teams to not immediately realize just how valuable guys like Bourque and Stankoven (hell, even Johnston still) are

In a way yes I agree and that is a low offer but also if the team that just traded for him is trying to deal him again already that’s just him upping production at the factory

Reactions: LT

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX

But good to know!
I agree that's a bad package for you. I'd do Lundqvist, Martino, and a 1st but that's about as much as I'd do. Stank and Bourque are off the table and Dallas is trying to add defense so they won't move Bichsel either.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH

But good to know!
In a nutshell lol. Though rory is nearly skygodz level on trade proposals, so take that for what it's worth.

Yeah but Lundkvist is a better red flag factory

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratbath

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022

But good to know!
I was not making an offer of Dellandrea and Lundkvist. No where did I undervalue your guy. I just would not mind those two being moved. They don’t really hold a ton of value. Clearly there would have to be picks and probably prospects not named Bourque or Stankoven involved.

I was however, pointing out your guy went down the tunnel with the wrong team. Sure he claims it was medical related but still funny looking.

That being said I would love Chychrun in Dallas. I just would not move Bourque for him.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
In a nutshell lol. Though rory is nearly skygodz level on trade proposals, so take that for what it's worth.

Yeah but Lundkvist is a better red flag factory
Not true. I never made a proposal. You clearly don’t pay attention. In fact I rarely make proposals. But I do criticize a ton and Lundkvist and Dellandrea need to go.

• Wow
Reactions: Elysian

joshik

GEt FaK'sEd
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
Can't say I feel the same way, he's young and has lots of potential. We would of gotten a similar player if we kept the pick and draft near the end of the first round.

Also, you can't really say he failed in NYR, he only played 20 something games. Not everyone steps into the NHL and makes it.

I still feel Nils can be a 5/6, but like everyone says, he just needs to play
After Honka showed way more potential in offense at least. Im really sceptical in Nils future.

joshik

GEt FaK'sEd
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
Harley is making a lot of mistakes this season too. But with him you know how he can be beast in attacking and very decent in own zone. There is nothing i see with Nils unfortunately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad