Prospect Info: Nils Lundkvist: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
I don't think they deal Lundkvist. As I stated I think they hope DeAngelo has a big offensive season and put him in a package for a big time young talent. I would not be surprised to see him packaged with Kravtsov. I wold love to see then go for Cody Glass. I think you will see that kind of deal somewhere before next season. I know the Rangers liked Cozens a lot. Buffalo once again is falling apart now. DeAngelo and Kravtsov for Cozens and a 1st possibly.

And what has Cody Glass shown at this point with 7 points in 22 games? DeAngleo is turning into a proven stud. So we are going to trade one of the better (possibly top 10) offensive defensemen and an A-level prospect for someone that hasn't even proven anything yet in the NHL level? Pass

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I would guess less than what would happen over here. We in America are (rightfully so) always concerned about image, role models for kids etc. and I feel Europe is much less concerned with that and therefore is more apt to give a slap on the wrist to a high-income, excellent tax producer.

In Europe, sports is entertainment. Athletes aren't considered role-models to the degree they are in the US. If a player messes up, the justice system will take action and if that prohibits a player from carrying out his contractual obligation as a player, he will be terminated. But if it doesn't interfere, it won't be an issue. Dutch footballer Patrick Kluivert hit a woman with hit car, killing her, and he was punished for it by the justice system, he could still play his games, attend practice and was never fired by the team. You can agree or disagree with that I guess.

But let's not pretend it has always been this "strict" in the US. Craig MacTavish literally killed someone and was allowed back in the league. Bobby Hull was Slava Voynov² and the NHL still invites him to events like the Winter Classic, the Centennial etc. For all its effort to make it look like the NHL cares about image, it sure drops the ball regularly.

Kovacs' situation is similar to Kluivert and MacTavish. But different countries/leagues deal with it their own way

Reactions: romba

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
But let's not pretend it has always been this "strict" in the US. Craig MacTavish literally killed someone and was allowed back in the league. Bobby Hull was Slava Voynov² and the NHL still invites him to events like the Winter Classic, the Centennial etc. For all its effort to make it look like the NHL cares about image, it sure drops the ball regularly.
In America everyone wants their pound of flesh and gets up in arms so the justice from courts is not enough. Leagues are ridiculously held to a 'higher standard' to expel morally repugnant individuals, even if they paid their dues in court etc. Once a standard was set everyone has to follow or be shamed for it.

The NHL allowing Bobby Hull to events etc. is exactly because no one cares about it and it doesn't harm their image. He's not a famous name anymore so even if some hot shot SJW journalist brought it up to point out NHL hypocrisy, ppl would see the pic of an old guy with white hair who they never heard of and isn't even American, and not care one bit unfortunately. If it would make a stir than the NHL would backtrack HARD admitting guilt and apologizing for allowing him in the fold for years and would not speak to Bobby Hull ever again. But because that's not the case they allow him in and rub shoulders with him no problem.

Unfortunately everyone is for social justice as long as the issue is visible. Once they can brush it under the rug it's forgotten. If it affects the bottom line, then even more so.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I don't think they deal Lundkvist. As I stated I think they hope DeAngelo has a big offensive season and put him in a package for a big time young talent. I would not be surprised to see him packaged with Kravtsov. I wold love to see then go for Cody Glass. I think you will see that kind of deal somewhere before next season. I know the Rangers liked Cozens a lot. Buffalo once again is falling apart now. DeAngelo and Kravtsov for Cozens and a 1st possibly.
Trading a 24 year old DeAngerlo after a breakout season, because we have a prospect who looks good over in Europe? My gawd. Why.

Reactions: Dijock94

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Trading a 24 year old DeAngerlo after a breakout season, because we have a prospect who looks good over in Europe? My gawd. Why.

I am a huge Lundkvist fan but agree here. We should wait for him to force his way on the team. And then, and only then, you trade DeAngelo.

In the meantime, you can have Fox and Trouba as your top-pair, Skjei-DeAngelo as the 2nd pair and go with guys like Miller, Keane, Rykov, Hajek, Lindgren, Lundkvist on the 3rd pairing (in 2021, this is)

Reactions: bobbop and romba

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

Nils Lundkvist, D, 19 (NY Rangers)
Lundkvist has been the best U-20 NHL-drafted prospect in the SHL with two goals and 10 points – his eight assists are more than any other contender has points. A first-round pick in 2018 (28th overall), Lundkvist has spent considerable time on Lulea’s top pairing during his third season with the club, a solid feat for any U-20 defender. Lundkvist will be one of Sweden’s key defensemen at the World Junior Championship, and while he’s still a few years away from being an NHLer, he does have top-four upside.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I am a huge Lundkvist fan but agree here. We should wait for him to force his way on the team. And then, and only then, you trade DeAngelo.

In the meantime, you can have Fox and Trouba as your top-pair, Skjei-DeAngelo as the 2nd pair and go with guys like Miller, Keane, Rykov, Hajek, Lindgren, Lundkvist on the 3rd pairing (in 2021, this is)

That, or you then use Lundkvist as a trade chip

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
I'll take Glass anyday over a combination of DeAngelo and Kravtsov. Glass is the physical, up and down player we need with high level scoring abilities. I don't get caught up in DeAngelo's points. He still isn't good defensively and never will be. As far as Kravtsov. The sooner JD and Gorton sell high on that guy the better.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I'll take Glass anyday over a combination of DeAngelo and Kravtsov. Glass is the physical, up and down player we need with high level scoring abilities. I don't get caught up in DeAngelo's points. He still isn't good defensively and never will be. As far as Kravtsov. The sooner JD and Gorton sell high on that guy the better.

Tanner glass was amazing

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Which is why I am so grateful you are not our GM.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
As I've said many times. This board has an idiotic love affair with Russian prospects along with offensive defenseman. Let's say DeAngelo puts up 55 points this year. Have fun watching him ask for 7.5 million.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
In America everyone wants their pound of flesh and gets up in arms so the justice from courts is not enough. Leagues are ridiculously held to a 'higher standard' to expel morally repugnant individuals, even if they paid their dues in court etc. Once a standard was set everyone has to follow or be shamed for it.

The NHL allowing Bobby Hull to events etc. is exactly because no one cares about it and it doesn't harm their image. He's not a famous name anymore so even if some hot shot SJW journalist brought it up to point out NHL hypocrisy, ppl would see the pic of an old guy with white hair who they never heard of and isn't even American, and not care one bit unfortunately. If it would make a stir than the NHL would backtrack HARD admitting guilt and apologizing for allowing him in the fold for years and would not speak to Bobby Hull ever again. But because that's not the case they allow him in and rub shoulders with him no problem.

Unfortunately everyone is for social justice as long as the issue is visible. Once they can brush it under the rug it's forgotten. If it affects the bottom line, then even more so.

For some reason that is hard to describe, the Kovac mess is almost flying under the radar. One issue is that media don’t name people before they are convicted — so it’s yesterdays news when the verdicts come. Before that it’s a ‘big hockey star’.

But like if Nils Lundkvist did the same as Kovac did, boy would media tear down heaven and earth about. Kovac is seen like, I don’t know, a really messy type.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Oh, I forgot Fox. We have a good problem to have, but still a problem. Like half of these promising defensemen will be on other teams. There just aren't enough slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad