Confirmed with Link: Niku re-signs 2 years $725K AAV

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Do you believe that Niku brings something so special that he needs to be given extra protection to nurture him along? Or do we already have better alternatives that will become better players without the extra nurturing?
He’s a worse Heinola but the concept of nurturing isn’t wrong just wrong player. I think Ves brings something more unique than Niku. A big body power forward in top 6 if he can get it together. Not pulled out first chance for Thompson.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Do you believe that Niku brings something so special that he needs to be given extra protection to nurture him along? Or do we already have better alternatives that will become better players without the extra nurturing?

I`m not sure that Niku brings anything special at all,or if he ever will - I`m trying to make the case that he has not developed as might be expected because he was never brought along from the time he first was called up to the big club. I don`t believe that Niku`s development is complete at this late stage and have concern that it may never be completed as long as he remains a Jet. Just for clarity, I do feel that Niku needs a strong,reliable partner if he is to make the last few steps to becoming a "regular player" but I don`t think this equates to what you call extra protection to nurture him along. There are a great many performing D that are exposed if they do not play with a good partner.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015

As to the second part of your question, we clearly have Heinola and Samberg (perhaps others) who probably will end up as better "regular players" than Niku within some reasonable period of time. Their credentials to this point are damn fine. But now I`d ask you - does the org have some development plans and extraordinary commitments that they are prepared to make for these guys (what you call nurturing), or, does the org consider them to be nothing more than replacement options,called up only when judged to be better than the incumbent?

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad