Speculation: Nikolaj Ehlers

DRAGO 18

Jan 17, 2006
Pittsburgh
"I fully expect Ehlers to be shopped — and likely moved — between now and the draft.

Winnipeg has gotten a ton of value out of Ehlers’ six seasons at $6 million from 2018-19 to now. He’s third in goals and fourth in points over the duration of his contract, leading all forwards in plus-minus in that six-year span. His underlying numbers are spectacular, suggesting Winnipeg has gotten a ton of benefit from the good things he does at five-on-five, even when accounting for the chaos, but his playoff production has not matched his regular season efficacy. I wonder if the organization is burned by that."

As a Penguins fan, I would be very intrested in him...what do the Jets want/need?

Reactions: hn777

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
"I fully expect Ehlers to be shopped — and likely moved — between now and the draft.

Winnipeg has gotten a ton of value out of Ehlers’ six seasons at $6 million from 2018-19 to now. He’s third in goals and fourth in points over the duration of his contract, leading all forwards in plus-minus in that six-year span. His underlying numbers are spectacular, suggesting Winnipeg has gotten a ton of benefit from the good things he does at five-on-five, even when accounting for the chaos, but his playoff production has not matched his regular season efficacy. I wonder if the organization is burned by that."

As a Penguins fan, I would be very intrested in him...what do the Jets want/need?
Jets need young RHD and 2C

A convo could maybe be had for a 1st round pick this season since we don't have one

The above value is predicated on him being dealt to a destination where he'd extend and a contract agreed upon in principle that would be signed July 1

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca

One Sidney Crosby

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I see him being traded as well. If he's going anywhere, probably Florida, Chicago, Vancouver or NYR. Somewhere that could use a LW at his cap.

Probably 1st + 2nd + Prospect + Roster Player. Some may say it's overpay, but the reason I beg to differ is his cap. If he's with the right centreman he'll thrive.

I see him being traded as well. If he's going anywhere, probably Florida, Chicago, Vancouver or NYR. Somewhere that could use a LW at his cap.

Probably 1st + 2nd + Prospect + Roster Player. Some may say it's overpay, but the reason I beg to differ is his cap. If he's with the right centreman he'll thrive.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Good to hear this, this guy is soft as a marshamallow and is a no show every playoffs. Jets should be looking to upgrade on him. He’s one of the most overrated players in the league and he’s not even that good of a player. Always injured too, spends half of the season out of the lineup.

• Haha
Reactions: hn777

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013

i dont think so

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

There's no chance a team is giving up a 1st, 2nd and a prospect for Nic Ehlers.

Maybe a few years ago. He's a UFA and just got iced by his head coach for an entire year. He's a no show in the playoffs and he's not elite.

Show all the per 60 you want. He's exactly the type of player that will return little value compared to what he provides.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
His value without an extension is just typical rental value for a top 6 winger. He's not returning much if that is the case,

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Outstanding speed & zone entries (which is great for power plays but none of the coaches ever put him on PP1) and creates absolute chaos floating around the offensive zone with the puck. Crazy good shot, too. We've never been able to fully use his talent, other than the time he was on a line with Laine & Stastny (those were the days).

If you can figure out how to use him, he'll be a game breaker. We need RHD since Schmidt & Pionk are not it. If DeMelo walks, we'll definitely be in trouble.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
An extended Ehlers for Pulock.
The extension really only works if the player gets something out of it. And, imo, it's not necessary.

Pulock would give the Jets certainty, and his game is good for the playoffs. He's a guy who isn't spectacular at any one area of the game, but is very versatile. (His slapshot/one timer is not accurate enough to be a PP weapon. His wrist shot, and stick handling abilities otoh are effective.)

Ehlers would be a good fit on the Islanders. Of course, I am still pissed off NYI drafted Dal Colle in 2014, and I would have picked Ehlers at 4 overall. (Not hindsight - now I would pick Nylander.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad