Player Discussion Niko Mikkola

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Fun fact while I thought of it because of the post above...Mikkola now has more goals this season than Erik Johnson!

Sisu4ever

Jan 6, 2020
I haven't really followed hockey in the post-season, I just found out Mikkola signed up with Florida Panthers.
Sad to see a fellow Finn move on from NYR, but I wish him the best with the Panthers!

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
honestly good riddance

just another D that can't move the puck and has no ability to pinch down low. we need way less players like Mikkola, not more.

• Wow

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think Mikkola fit very well on our team last year. He's getting paid now though more than we could afford. The same deal no doubt is going to happen with Tarasenko. Rangers are keeping some money available for Miller and Lafreniere......like they should. So Mikkola's gone, Tarasenko and Motte I expect will follow him. Pitlick is Motte's replacement.

I think also to some degree filling up the roster now might help us keep some draft picks later at the trade deadline. Adding new players then is fun and it's new blood in the locker room but it's felt negatively on draft day.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
honestly good riddance

just another D that can't move the puck and has no ability to pinch down low. we need way less players like Mikkola, not more.

Hence why he’s a bottom pairing D…

So, bottom pairing D who can move the puck must give up some things defensively, or else they wouldn’t be 3rd pairing D.

Mikkola was much better than Schneider and any 3LD Rangers have had lately.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Hence why he’s a bottom pairing D…

So, bottom pairing D who can move the puck must give up some things defensively, or else they wouldn’t be 3rd pairing D.

Mikkola was much better than Schneider and any 3LD Rangers have had lately.
We just signed a bottom pairing D for 800k that can move the puck, run a PP, and scored 43 points last year and some are still complaining.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
2.5M reasons not to sign him. I mean, yeah, he fit the bill last year at the deadline but he's not a solution moving forward at the expense of Jones/Robertson getting a look and chance to make the team. I did, however, like his willingness to jump into the O-zone. The Rangers need more of that from their D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad