Injury Report: Niklas Backstrom (Day-to-day with Lower Body)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Yeah, I'm thinking we won't see Backstrom the rest of the way. Heck, it's possible that he's played his last game as a member of the Minnesota Wild.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Yeah, thinking he is out for the playoffs, or at least this round, should we make it to the conference semis.

Billy Mays Here*

Would much rather have Harding start Friday night even if Backstrom is healthy, not that he will be though. Not sure Harding can keep up that level of play, but I think if Backs would've played last night that game would've been 4-1 Hawks. Just that toe save alone Harding made I know damn well Backstrom wouldn't have made that.

This is Backstrom's annual groin/back injury. He gets one at least once every season, it just happened to be during the playoffs this year instead of the regular season.

OpRedDawn*

Against a team like the blackhawks, I'd much rather have Hards / Kemps anyways. Would still like Backstrom re-signed though, but hopefully split A LOT more of the load with whoever the backup is

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
My thought was groin pulled as he reached to make the save. And that is why you don't run your 35-year-old starting goalie into the ground.

It was worth the risk to annihilate Edmonton and roll into the playoffs with crazy momentum...

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yeah, I'm thinking we won't see Backstrom the rest of the way. Heck, it's possible that he's played his last game as a member of the Minnesota Wild.

The way he played down the stretch? Yeah, that may be the end of Backs in a Wild uniform.

Billy Mays Here*

I'm guessing we re-sign Backs for one more season and roll with the Backs-Harding tandem once again. Give Kuemper and Gustafsson a chance to duke it out in Houston Iowa.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
the hyperbole in here is deafening.

Because it's purely hyperbole that a pending UFA, who is going to be 36yrs old, who's clearly showing his age, while now just getting injured... has a chance of not being back in a Wild uniform.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
Because it's purely hyperbole that a pending UFA, who is going to be 36yrs old, who's clearly showing his age, while now just getting injured... has a chance of not being back in a Wild uniform.

It's highly doubtful that he doesn't get re-signed after starting all of our games except 8 and taking us to the playoffs........

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
It's a double-edged sword. Right now, people complain that he played Backstrom too much, etc. If he would have played Kuemps or Harding and we would have missed the playoffs the same people would be *****ing that we didn't play Backstrom enough.

Backstrom was played because he gave the team the best chance to win. That's it. There should be no reason why anyone is questioning why Yeo played Backstrom.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
It's a double-edged sword. Right now, people complain that he played Backstrom too much, etc. If he would have played Kuemps or Harding and we would have missed the playoffs the same people would be *****ing that we didn't play Backstrom enough.

Backstrom was played because he gave the team the best chance to win. That's it. There should be no reason why anyone is questioning why Yeo played Backstrom.

Agreed, but Yeo really needs to learn when to pull Backs. Two softies=a rough night ahead of us.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

not the hyperbole that i was thinking of. I think i said earlier even that with the Heatley situation what it is I'm less confident than ever the Wild would be able to re-sign Backs even if they wanted to.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
not the hyperbole that i was thinking of. I think i said earlier even that with the Heatley situation what it is I'm less confident than ever the Wild would be able to re-sign Backs even if they wanted to.

Ok then I apologise, I took your statement wrong. It just had looked to be in reply to my post is all.

Russo actually wondered the same thing earlier today on KFAN. If the series goes short (he said he expects it will despite the fact that he thinks the Wild will play well and will be in every game) he wondered if we saw Backstrom's last game with the Wild already.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Who was backup last game after Backstrom went down?

The Wild had no backup. Had Harding gotten injured or something, they would have had to have a skater throw on some pads.

I heard that skater normally would be Falk, but he wasn't dressed for the game since Scandella was in the lineup, so who knows who it would've been.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That's why we were all pretty concerned when Harding got crashed into late in the 3rd period and was a little slow getting up! :laugh:

Billy Mays Here*

Backs will be fine. He gets one of these injuries once or twice every season. He'll be good to go in a couple weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad