Waived: Nikita Scherbak - Claimed by LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
and where did Sherbak start the season...

Peca over him (and DLR) lol
Peca is by no means anything special, but he’s better suited for a bottom 6 role than Scherbak. At least Peca has a pulse. And, Sherbak doesn’t have anywhere near the talent to be a top 6 player. He literally has no use at the NHL level.

Reactions: Vachon23

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
and where did Sherbak start the season...

Peca over him (and DLR) lol

sometimes you gotta put it on the player....5 years is a long time....

look at Byron when he showed up....look at David D....

They came in and did what it took to stick.....Sherby had chances but unspectacular camps and injuries...bottom line.
Sekac had more hype...and he didn't look great out west...

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
What ?

Mete had a great camp what they did ? They keep him.
Juulsen had a great camp what they did ? They keep him
Kotkaniemi? was supposed to return in the Liigaa bt they keep him
Even Xavier Ouellet who was supossed to be with Laval he had a good camp they did ? They keep him

You really think MB didn't want to keep a former 1st round pick if he had a good camp ?

Bang on. Its up to the player to make it hard for the team not to keep him. Scherbak has had how many camps and each time he failed to impress. I'm not worried about losing him at all. In three weeks, he'll be in the AHL. If McCarron does not smarten up he will be gone this summer as well.

Reactions: Vachon23

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
agree, not everyone becomes addicted after trying...

but really, people should drop the substance abuse insinuations, I mean, people would be shocked to learn who does what...

We're not supposed to post rumors here, but I was very connected to people in Ottawa who knew the Senators. It's a small town and used to hang out at night clubs the Senators used to frequent. Basically I knew people who worked there who hung out with the Senators. They said Redden, McGratten, Spezza and Emery were big into coke. McGratten ended up going to rehab, Redden and Spezza had a rapid deterioration in their effectiveness well before the end of their prime, and Emery's career was perhaps affected...

When Timmins references his disappointment that some young players stay up late playing video games and don't take care of their bodies, I sometimes wondered if he had Scherbak in mind...

A1

Everything is awful
Oct 15, 2005
Montreal, Qc
So this is the second time we waived a player and the team with first dibs on the waiver wire claimed them. Tells me those players had value and should've been traded not waived.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
No place for him on the top 6 anyway . Next season Suzuki will be better them him

We sorely need another player in the top 6. I'd even take 2 more on top of that to move lehkonen and Byron to the 4th line. A 4th line:

Drouin Domi Suzuki
Tatar Kotkaniemi Galllagher
____ Poehling ____
Lehkonen Danault Byron
Armia, Shaw, Hudon

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
sometimes you gotta put it on the player....5 years is a long time....

look at Byron when he showed up....look at David D....

They came in and did what it took to stick.....Sherby had chances but unspectacular camps and injuries...bottom line.
Sekac had more hype...and he didn't look great out west...
great example of bad assets management...

kept DD for too long, gave him preferential treatment, when he stopped being favored he stopped being a NHLer
turned Sekac into a NHL player, but couldnt resist and traded this NHL player for the great Matteau

kept Peca over both DLR and Sherbak, Peca is not even playing anymore... lol

Reactions: OldCraig71

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
So this is the second time we waived a player and the team with first dibs on the waiver wire claimed them. Tells me those players had value and should've been traded not waived.

Teams where ready to try them for free but where no ready to give asset for them..

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

could Detroit trade DLR right now and get anything?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

kept DD for too long, gave him preferential treatment, when he stopped being favored he stopped being a NHLer
turned Sekac into a NHL player, but couldnt resist and traded this NHL player for the great Matteau

for the money DD was a steal for years..the guy was making 1 mill or less it was a steal.....and DD will have way more Pts than Shurby evrr will..i believe that..lol

Much more likley we see Shurb go KHL less game less ..less chance of injury

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
for the money DD was a steal for years..the guy was making 1 mill or less it was a steal.....and DD will have way more Pts than Shurby evrr will..i believe that..lol
good on him, thing is, Habs chose to keep Peca over Sherbak, not DD...

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

kelp Peca over both DLR and Sherbak, Peca is not even playing anymore... lol

Just a question for you.

Who do you prefer player 1 or 2 ?

1 = 29 games 7 pts 0,211 PPG

2 = 41 games 13 pts 0,32 PPG

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

Sekac an NHL player - seriously. He went on to play 58 games for three different teams. Hardly. And by the way he was traded for Devante Smith Pelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad