Nikita Kucherov is the clear favorite for the Art Ross Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
If Mcdavid wins the AR he should definitely get the hart imo. Didn’t Kuch have like a 20(ish) pt lead at one point?

This was the largest the lead got. Date was January 24.

IMG_1114.jpeg

So, it only took McDavid 28 games over the course of two months to pick up 21 points on MacKinnon and 18 on Kucherov.

62 points in those 28 games (2.21 PPG) and 106 in his past 53 (2.00 PPG).

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
This was the largest the lead got. Date was January 24.

View attachment 842964

So, it only took McDavid 28 games over the course of two months to pick up 21 points on MacKinnon and 18 on Kucherov.

62 points in those 28 games (2.21 PPG) and 106 in his past 53 (2.00 PPG).

Can't believe certain people were writing him off early this season, have they not learned anything? :biglaugh:

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
If Mcdavid wins the AR he should definitely get the hart imo. Didn’t Kuch have like a 20(ish) pt lead at one point?
The media has really become numbness to his greatness. In 2022 season McGOD had 17 more pts than Matthews and yet Matthews still won the hart. Any other player in the league would be the favorite for the hart with McGOD numbers this year. It's been over 33 years for a player to hit 100+ assists in a season and it's been done by only 3 players. Gretz, Mario and Orr that's it lol

Last edited:

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
If McDavid didn't get banged up early on this season, this wouldn't even be a discussion. He'd be on pace to repeat a 150pt+ season.

He’s certainly showing that he is capable of dropping 160+. I hope he can maintain his current play for at least another year or two before age catches up a bit or perhaps owning more Art Rosses than anyone besides Gretzky satisfies him.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
The haters will absolutely deny this.

And what’s amusing is that their reach for other players is way longer than for McDavid.

He’s going to end up with around 145 while playing 2 fewer games than last year and may play at a 2 PPG clip for what will be the final 64 games of a season.

The guy just keeps backing up his play and proving that certain things he does are not just one time events.

The same will apply when he wins his first Cup.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
He’s certainly showing that he is capable of dropping 160+. I hope he can maintain his current play for at least another year or two before age catches up a bit or perhaps owning more Art Rosses than anyone besides Gretzky satisfies him.
Age isn’t too much of an issue when you consider what mackinnon and Kucherov are doing while being 2 and 4 years older than Mcdavid. There’s still 4-6 years of prime Mcdavid and perhaps the best is still to come

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Age isn’t too much of an issue when you consider what mackinnon and Kucherov are doing while being 2 and 4 years older than Mcdavid. There’s still 4-6 years of prime Mcdavid and perhaps the best is still to come

I believe that too. I’m on the record somewhere thinking McDavid is going to win as many Art Rosses in his 30s as Gretzky and Lemieux did combined (3x).

I’m just wondering if maybe we can see 160+ or 2 PPG for all 80-82 games before there is a minimal decline.

It would be absolutely amazing if he hit some unexpected near gear, though I’m not going to expect it. He’s already met my extremely high expectations overall.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

depends how his skating ages I imagine

he'll lose a step eventually and will still be very good but won't be quite the same

the question is does that happen in the next couple years or so or does it take till like his mid 30s?

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
I believe that too. I’m on the record somewhere thinking McDavid is going to win as many Art Rosses in his 30s as Gretzky and Lemieux did combined (3x).

I’m just wondering if maybe we can see 160+ or 2 PPG for all 80-82 games before there is a minimal decline.

It would be absolutely amazing if he hit some unexpected near gear, though I’m not going to expect it. He’s already met my extremely high expectations overall.
If he didn’t get injured and played hurt so long this year we might have seen a 160 season. Biggest question to how many art Ross he wins into his 30s depends on the next generation and bedard, who emerges that can put up 120+ cause I can see Mcdavid scoring 120 at 34 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad