Nike Vapor XXX stick

hockeystud938

Feb 21, 2005
from what i have seen they are very light weight but are not durable at all i would go with the XX if i was you its a better stick and its cheaper

hockeystud938

Feb 21, 2005
knight44 said:
cost is not a problem for me
i would still go with the XX but thats just me i like that stick better but idk maybe the XXX is a better option for u

RangersMoogle

Oct 25, 2005
Ohio
www.tehinter.net
When watching NHL games, I see more XXX's break than anything else. I think a few people here have had problems with them before as well.

I've seen decrepit XX's on benches in the NHL, but logic tells me they look decrepit because they've been around for a while. I haven't used any Bauer's, or Nike's myself, so I can't give you a personal opinion.

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
i break alot of sticks, but if these brek easily i dont want them. I need something that composite but doesnt break easily

RangersMoogle

Oct 25, 2005
Ohio
www.tehinter.net
I've pounded the hell out of my Synergy, and the only thing that's broken is the blade. I chopped that off and put a Synthesis blade in there and it's good as new.

Get a Synthesis? It's the same design as the Synergy, only it's a two piece model, and not a one piece.

RangersMoogle

Oct 25, 2005
Ohio
www.tehinter.net
Synthesis shafts are $110, blade are $30-60 depedning on the model. Synergy's are $150-160, depending where you look.

Just go to HockeyMonkey.com and knock yourself out.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
I've used two sticks that I've loved in my day.

The original CCM 110 Vector, which is still to this day my favourite, and most durable.

The synthesis is a phenomenal stick in the fact that its almost too much like the synergy, but it also gives you a little bit less of a blade heavy stick, which is key, as the molding on the synergy gives a more blade heavy stick. Also, you have the option to change your blade.

I'd buy a synthesis, it's worth it.

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
Well i dont know still because how good are those sticks under pressure? like if you have a very hard slap shot like me. Ive broken 3 sticks in 1 game due to the power of my shot.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
If cost isn't an issue go with the Vapor XXX. There is a reason why it's one of the more popular sticks in the NHL. I looked at one and I was told they do break more often then some other OPS's. I went with a Warrior instead and I love it. I did look at the Vapor XX's (nice stick) which I have heard good things about, but I wasn't able to find a blade pattern I liked.

I will say this much. If I walked into a shop and saw a great deal on a Vapor XXX I would buy one. They are a great feeling stick. I'd like to try one out. I rarely break shafts so it's durablity might not even be an issue for someone like me.

luke34e

Dec 7, 2004
I'm saying the synergy ST or even a yellow synergy grip. I've been using both of them all year and they have given me much harder slapshots and they still look and feel brand new, theres a reason that pretty much 50% of the NHL players use the synergy. Very durable and performs very well so I say get one of those.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
This past season I broke about 10 composite sticks in only like 30 some games. I used to use the Vapor XX but they all broke in the same place even though I liked them and they're pretty durable. I switched to the Vapor XXX and it was an awesome stick, but I'd break it in liek 2-3 weeks unfortunately. Then I got a Nike Bauer Vapor XXX lite like when they first came out. It was a sweet stick for shooting and stickhandling, as nice as any other one at least but there's not a major difference, but in the second period of the first game, first time I ever used it, I broke it on a faceoff so it shows how poor the durability is. Then I got another one for free and it broke in like just over a month. The XXX lite and XXX are both poor for durability. Nice sticks but not durable enough. I love Bauer equipment but in using a ton of differnet sticks (Easton Synergy Grip, Synergy SL Grip, Vector 130, several Vapor XX's XXX's and XXX Lites, and a Synergy ST Grip), I must recommend for an offensive player especially the Synergy ST and SL Grips. It's not so much the shaft, but the curve that makes the big differnece with the one piece sticks. The Lindros curve is my favorite but Bauer isn't durable enough so I'd suggest easton for sure.

Polska

May 25, 2004
Vancouver
I woudn't trust any Bauer/Nike sticks. They've been known to be the least durable of any brand. Personally I use a Synthesis. It's been great, super durable, but then again I only weigh 165lbs. and don't slap very often, so I'm light on my sticks. Still, it's the best stick I've used.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
I work at a rink as well as a pro shop. We see Bauers breaking more than Eastons. The Bauer/Nike XXX Lite is not as light as the Easton Stealth (no grip), either. If money is not an issue, buying one and deciding for yourself is really the only way to find out though.

I just realized that I've seen guys with Easons and CCM Vectors that are one or two years old, but nobody with a Bauer that has lasted that long.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Seen the Bauer Endure last for a while...think those are just the XX with extra durability added. Easton Stealth which someone mentioned, those are interesting, either they last forever or they snap right away...I honestly trust Easton, like my stick.

Would also add, you can stock up on some Nike Apollos for dirt cheap right now. Those a pretty nice stick and at around $50 each....can't beat it.

RangersMoogle

Oct 25, 2005
Ohio
www.tehinter.net
I weigh 280, I lean into my slapshots with my Synergy, and it's been holdin' up for two years, almost three. It's taken it's fair share of thwacks from other people's sticks in corners, too.

I'd say it's pretty durable.

LiveTheSearch

Jun 19, 2002
HB - WG
Visit site
knight44 said:
Well i dont know still because how good are those sticks under pressure? like if you have a very hard slap shot like me. Ive broken 3 sticks in 1 game due to the power of my shot.

By reading some of your other posts .... you play for a team that finished #1 and won a championship, you play with a guy that is a cross between Avery and Gretzky, you play on the number 1 line, your a big hitter with a powerful shot ... and your asking a message board what kind of stick to use .... plus you don't know what an Easton Synthesis is.

Exactly what planet are you from? ... and the fish you caught was how big?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Nedved said:
By reading some of your other posts .... you play for a team that finished #1 and won a championship, you play with a guy that is a cross between Avery and Gretzky, you play on the number 1 line, your a big hitter with a powerful shot ... and your asking a message board what kind of stick to use .... plus you don't know what an Easton Synthesis is.

Exactly what planet are you from? ... and the fish you caught was how big?
Don't forget he has a pair of "Nike Supreme One90's."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad