Nike Hockey Equipment

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
The only player I liked wearing Nike equipment was Sergei Fedorov--just didn't look good on anyone else IMO. Of course, the 80's Oilers jerseys notwithstanding.

Troubadour

Feb 23, 2018
The "original" Nike helmet was basically Cooper HH3000 with the Swoosh logo. Feds with the white pair of skates was iconic though.

Maag80

Jun 24, 2020
Growing up in the '90s, I never caught the Nike bug.

First of all, my parents would have never have been able to afford it, but I liked the black on black look for skates that guys liked Jagr made popular, so Fedorov's flashy white Nike's just looked hideous to me. I also never heard anyone say a kind word about the quality of their equipment until much later, after they adopted all of the Bauer tech.

I do have an early Nike Ignite composite shaft that I loved and still have sitting around to this day. I picked it up for $20 in a discount barrel somewhere around 2004. I used that stick for many years and loved it. I found out much later that the high quality was attributed to the fact that Innovative manufactured the first couple runs of Nike sticks.

If I had to pay a compliment to Nike Hockey, I would have to say thank you for coming out with the first heel curve that I tried and liked. I came across the Brind'Amour pattern at the right age and it completely transformed my game for the better.

Now you got me!!
The black skates with black holders....
I grew up loving them, I don't know why but Jagr always had them, some more czechs and for example Kariya, Weight, Sakic had them.
Almost embaressing, but me as an amateur have the light grey Vapor Xxxx with black holders and black laces. They look special.....

So, how did this switching to black holders become so popular??
Sorry for using the great Nike thread but I am possessed with hockey gear lol.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I very faintly remember Nike hockey in the early 2000's as a very young kid.

Markus Naslund
vancouver-canucks-markus-naslund-skates-with-the-puck-during-the-third-period-of-a-nhl-game-against-the-visiting-colorado-avalanche-at-vancouvers-gm-place-october-22-2005-upi-photoheinz-ruckemann-W0B2J9.jpg

Baby Kovalchuk
ilya-kovalchuk-of-the-atlanta-thrashers-looks-on-before-a-nhl-hockey-picture-id1256208770

Vinny Lecavalier

32679.jpg

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
apr-1998-theoren-fleury-of-the-calgary-flames-in-action-during-a-game-picture-id270757

You can actually find some stuff on Sideline Swap.

Nike Skates

Nike Gloves

It's sad how hockey brands that aren't Bauer and CCM don't survive. Jofa, Koho were great.

Even Easton has been extinct for half a decade now.

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Also loved how Mario had the Quests with the ICM holders instead of the standard Tuuk holder. Sorry, for all the bumps, can't help myself as a gear whore.

39029.jpg

item_39956_1.jpg

Maag80

Jun 24, 2020
Also loved how Mario had the Quests with the ICM holders instead of the standard Tuuk holder. Sorry, for all the bumps, can't help myself as a gear whore.

39029.jpg

item_39956_1.jpg
Isn't that CCM tacks skates on Marios feet????

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad