Music: Nightwish new album "Human. :II: Nature." UPDATE: Singer Floor Jansen announces she is cancer free

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
12,500 capacity.

It's pretty much the perfect size for them for an indoor gig. They're not going to sell out a place like MSG especially since it's in the US.

Obviously they can get bigger crowds at festivals/outdoor stadiums, but a modern indoor stadium like Wembley can help keep the atmosphere confined and let them have all the visuals they want. The Manchester Arena is a bigger capacity but they'd probably struggle to sell out there because it's not London.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
"Greatest Show On Earth" worked at Wembley though:

It's pretty much the perfect size for them for an indoor gig. They're not going to sell out a place like MSG especially since it's in the US.

Obviously they can get bigger crowds at festivals/outdoor stadiums, but a modern indoor stadium like Wembley can help keep the atmosphere confined and let them have all the visuals they want. The Manchester Arena is a bigger capacity but they'd probably struggle to sell out there because it's not London.

Didn’t realize Wembley was indoors ( thought it was the football stadium) ... pretty amazing that they only play smaller venues ( theaters, ballrooms) ~2000 capacity in the states.

Last edited:

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Didn’t realize Wembley was indoors ( thought it was the football stadium) ... pretty amazing that they only play smaller venues ( theaters, ballrooms) ~2000 capacity in the states.

I think it's technically called by some anonymous electricity company sponsor name these days, it changes often. But it's in the same part of town as the football stadium so people have always called it "Wembley Arena" while the football one is "Wembley Stadium"

Reactions: Jussi and BarzyClub

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Have tickets to see them on October 1st along with In This Moment on October 2nd lmao. This will be my 4th Nightwish show. They always put on a great performance especially in the tiny venues that they do here.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018

An audience of 150 000 for night 1, each paying 35 euros. 5 250 000 euros. :eek:

What?? Not too shabby for 2 nights work! The shows were awesome!

Great to see them tackle “ Planet Hell” and “Last Ride of the Day” with Troy doing a good job. I thought he was better the second night.

What a night.. I’m watching Nightwish while watching the Islanders v Bruins.. doesn’t get much better than that!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad