Nick Tuzzolino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Mar 2, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has seen Nick play this year? A friend of mine gave me a tiny scouting report last year and based on it, I put him in my top 100 list and he didn't even end up being picked. The guy has shown me to have a pretty keen eye for prospects in the past and I even took Nick in a couple of my FHL leagues before the NHL did their draft. He's now listed 60th for NA skaters by CSS.

I heard he's got good speed for a guy his size, and is exceptional in his own zone, but haven't heard anything from him this year, which is odd considering he's in a much more exposed league. I'm just looking for what ever current scouting reports I can on the guy. Someone has to have noticed this guy.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
I've seen about 15+ games as I live in Sarnia. He looks like a good d-man but I'm unsure how his game translates to the pros. Have to be honest, you can watch 10 games and not even notice him. His skating is average at best. Strength is not an issue. Not much offence to his game. If he makes it to the next level, he would be a stay-at-home defenceman with hardly any offensive upside.

Jamie

Mar 2, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
Cup4Wings said:
I've seen about 15+ games as I live in Sarnia. He looks like a good d-man but I'm unsure how his game translates to the pros. Have to be honest, you can watch 10 games and not even notice him. His skating is average at best. Strength is not an issue. Not much offence to his game. If he makes it to the next level, he would be a stay-at-home defenceman with hardly any offensive upside.
Sounds similar to what I heard last year, that he has absolutely no interest in the offensive part of the game, and likes to try and keep the game simple (probably why he's not very noticable). However, I heard his skating, for a big guy, was pretty good. Not that he's fast, but doesn't look sluggish compared to other players on the ice.

Would a Cullimore comparison be fair at all?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Jamie said:
Why's that? What in his game do you think will hold him back?

Well he's just not very good.

He's a solid, dependable OHL defenseman, but he doesn't really seperate himself for me, from a good majority of other OHL defenseman. He's strong, but he's not that quick. He's physical, but not dominant. And defensively he's good, but not spectacular.

To me, in the few times I've seen him, he just seems like your average good OHL defenseman, who fades into the sunset after his junior career is completed.

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
Brock said:

He's a solid, dependable OHL defenseman, but he doesn't really seperate himself for me, from a good majority of other OHL defenseman. He's strong, but he's not that quick. He's physical, but not dominant. And defensively he's good, but not spectacular.

To me, in the few times I've seen him, he just seems like your average good OHL defenseman, who fades into the sunset after his junior career is completed.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Brock said:

Would like to hear your view on Aaron Dawson... thnx!

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Any relation to Tony Tuzzolino?

Both are NY boys... Tony followed through with college (Michigan St.) and was a pretty serviceable minor pro and is in Italy right now ringing up some decent numbers.

Tony was a 5th rounder and *IF* I remember correctly some of the knocks on Nick are what Tony had (good player, just never took that next step).

Jamie

Mar 2, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
Brock said:

Okay, thanks a lot. And any idea where he may go in the draft (if at all)?

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
I would say 3rd rounder and a serviceable AHL'er with NHL potential. remember all these kids have potemntial to break out, and with his size, some teams will take a shot on him earlier rather than later in the draft. Reminds me of Maxim Kuznetzov, a Detroit prospect who was traded to LA in the Schneider deal a few years back, who was a capable 6th-7th defensman IMO.

TheGreatOne99

Jul 18, 2003
Williville
Visit site
Holy crap, at first I couldent bileve my eyes, but then I read the thread. I actually played with Tuzz in High School, when we were at Williamsville East in Buffalo, NY. Bear like stregnth with a great mean-streak, showed good leadership as a freshman bieng on a team with mainly juniors and seniors. Aside from that I don't forsee him playing in the NHL, however he is better than his older bro (when they were the same age) who is currently playing in Italy and saw some time with a few NHL teams. However nobody I have ever played with could clear players from the front of the net better.
P.s. Nik, if u see this, u still wanna play pick up this summer at Heim. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad