• Jacob Trouba

Votes: 40 38.8%
  • Nick Suzuki

Votes: 63 61.2%

• Total voters

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Both were named captains this offseason. If you were an NHL player, who would you prefer to be your captain?

Assume your salary is $1.5 million x 3 years, your position is 4C, your current team of employment is the Calgary Flames and your best friend on the team is Blake Coleman

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I mean, how would we know who the better leader is? Not really fair to penalize (hah) Trouba for taking more penalties when he might be the far superior leader on the bench or behind closed doors.

Did someone ask you who the better leader is? Are you sure you're in the right thread?

The OP post is not that long to read, I don't understand how people just read the title and slap a poll option.

Reactions: Habano

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Did someone ask you who the better leader is? Are you sure you're in the right thread?

The OP post is not that long to read, I don't understand how people just read the title and slap a poll option.

I read it, don't worry about that. The question is who I would prefer as a captain. How would I know without knowing what that player is like? If you don't think leadership is a huge part of being a captain then I think you've misunderstood that role on a team. But since my best friend is Blake Coleman I would like some more options. You see, that changes the whole picture. What do I like to eat during the offseason?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hard to be a Captain when you are in the Penalty Box or got a game misconduct.

Definitely Suzuki.
Why is it hard to be captain when you are in the penalty box or got a game misconduct?

While you're at it, tell us how many game misconducts Trouba has.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
If I’m part of Calgary , I don’t give a crap who the captains of other teams are.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
If I’m part of Calgary , I don’t give a crap who the captains of other teams are.
mUl4y9O.png

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This is impossible to answer. Both guys are not superstars (yet, for Suzuki) and were given the captaincy for their work behind the scenes. We don't see that work.

I voted for Trouba just because of the silly comments people will make about him.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Weird question as both are new to the position and, as mentioned by others, we have no clue what happens behind closed doors etc.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
This is impossible to answer. Both guys are not superstars (yet, for Suzuki) and were given the captaincy for their work behind the scenes. We don't see that work.

I voted for Trouba just because of the silly comments people will make about him.

But you do see that work, because you share a locker room and shower stall with them. You would know this if you read my post

Regardless, it doesn't matter if you know them or not because the thread is who you would prefer to be your captain. That could be based on looks for some people, maybe even things they read on their favourite hockey forum

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
But you do see that work, because you share a locker room and shower stall with them. You would know this if you read my post

Regardless, it doesn't matter if you know them or not because the thread is who you would prefer to be your captain. That could be based on looks for some people, maybe even things they read on their favourite hockey forum
They all play on different teams, none all Calgary,.
Everyone read your post, but not buying the schtik.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Ok then I pick Suzuki because I saw him in the shower the other day (according to your premise) and he's packing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad