Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushfire31

Sep 11, 2018
I don't see Bergeron in Suzuki maybe Giroux. But I'm not sure he can reach Giroux offensive output. Bergeron plays a different game, is much taller and bigger and is more defensive oriented. I think Julien gave the best comparison in the bubble; Suzuki looks a lot like David Krejci.
False

Reactions: PKWeber

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Man he's got to improve on face offs. He has zero technique. He just quickly swipes and hopes for the best. KK is probably worse which is saying a lot. Last night, no wonder they had such a hard time on the PP. They lost so many draws and had to regain the zone.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Man he's got to improve on face offs. He has zero technique. He just quickly swipes and hopes for the best. KK is probably worse which is saying a lot. Last night, no wonder they had such a hard time on the PP. They lost so many draws and had to regain the zone.
KK is a 5% over Suzuki.

In KKs case, its inconsequential, its 10 draws lost more than won, essentially one per game. If you take out the game vs Toronto where he got schooled by Spezza and Thornton, KK is at 49%, Evans at 51 and Danault at 52, those three are fine face offs wise, its only Suzuki that struggles.

Reactions: crosbyshow

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Suzuki going to have to adapt on the fly and get used to tighter checking this year as teams wean off other lines and primarily match their best against him. The tape is also out, he's not going to be catching people by surprise this year.

Excited to see how he develops on his trajectory of being a 1C. He's got the hockey sense for it, so I'm not worried at all, all growing pains on the way to being elite lol.

I would never do it as well and will bet on Suzuki but the argument back then for PLD was that he's been doing it for a couple seasons dating back to when he was with Panarin to last year, when he was literally the only good player on Columbus, it's hard to be the best and be defended like you are the best. Hands down woulda flipped KK for him but I'm betting long term on Suzuki's hockey's sense over all of them

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Nice to know Matthews will not improve within the next 18 months. Also nice to know he will decline after that point. Absolutes.

I think you can safely ignore someone who doesn't understand statistical averages and how they apply on an individual basis.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Statstically he wont, but he might improve defensively.

You are right on that. Gretzky is the perfect exemple.

Lemieux is an exception. At 27 he was even better. 160 points in 60 games with cancer.

Had 104 points in 39 games...then got cancer...came back 2 months later and did 56 points in...21 games..

Unreal ..a martian.

To your point.....Lemieux was at the time playing with great players like Jagr and Francis.....but at 23 years old...at his prime before his back surgeries and completety alone on his team..he did 199 points..in ..76 games.

Actually only Coffey was good on the 88-89 Pens roster

Crosby was at his offensive prime at 23 either. Unfortunately..he missed 2 years of his prime because of concussions (24 ,25 years old)

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
For the record

In terms of explosion a human being is at his peak at 23 23 years old.

2 main exemple in the world are Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps.

Bolt won is first goal medal at 22 in 2008 with a mindblowing time of 9.63...

A year later he broke it at 23 years old with 9.58. I think that nobody will ever beat it.

Then he won 2 gold medal at 26 and 30 years but he was slower by then...he never came close to his 9.58.

At 23..Phelps won 8 gold medal in 8 races..with 7 world record in 2008.

He was still dominant at 27 in London in 2012 but not as he was in 2008.

Also the real decline for reflexes etc...is 33 years old.

You have all the example in baseball and hockey.

Fascinating

Even if we say I am still young in my head..guys...the clock is running

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

Awesome, guy has been clutch for me in my league. People think I am a prophet for picking him and as early as I did.

I see by Capfriendly that he's been assigned to the taxi squad. Any reason why? I didn't think his caphit was that high.
Link: CapFriendly - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
(Note: Transaction in question is right under 'Recalls and Reassignments')

Yeah seems strange considering there isn't much of a cap hit.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Awesome, guy has been clutch for me in my league. People think I am a prophet for picking him and as early as I did.

Yeah seems strange considering there isn't much of a cap hit.

Habs have been playing yo-yo with players as often as they can,a penny saved is a penny earned. They have little cap so it all adds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad