Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Ugh Suzuki expected to be back on the 4th line. And KK with Byron and Lehky...

Well the good news is Armia didn't work well with them last year. So that might not last too long. Hopefully Suzuki gets a call soon if they make a change.

Reactions: DangerDave

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He's playing the same minutes and he's playing against the same opposition, all he got was lesser linemates and... more time to get used to the league.

he's not necessarily playing 'more'. He just had a season low of 12 mins. I dont know about the same opposition.

I don't think you can possibly say that according to your preceding logic that your preferred deployment of Suzuki would be him playing with Thompson right?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
he's not necessarily playing 'more'. He just had a season low of 12 mins. I dont know about the same opposition.

I don't think you can possibly say that according to your preceding logic that your preferred deployment of Suzuki would be him playing with Thompson right?

Lines face similar level of competition anywhere they go, hockeys fluid and you rarely ever have a game where a player shadows another one. A few times you see it happen like with the Plekanec-Subban unit against Crosby in the POs, otherwise its mostly a game of cat and mouse played by the coaches. I dont really believe in what most call harder deployment, at least, not what they think it means. Lines do get deployed in specific zones or moments for sure, but not against players.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Lines face similar level of competition anywhere they go, hockeys fluid and you rarely ever have a game where a player shadows another one. A few times you see it happen like with the Plekanec-Subban unit against Crosby in the POs, otherwise its mostly a game of cat and mouse played by the coaches. I dont really believe in what most call harder deployment, at least, not what they think it means. Lines do get deployed in specific zones or moments for sure, but not against players.

well you're the one who said tougher match ups.

when I say deployment I mean him being on what is by rights our 4th line with Thompson. Like I said if we take the logic you've displayed towards KK for almost a year now how could you possibly like him with Thompson?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
well you're the one who said tougher match ups.

when I say deployment I mean him being on what is by rights our 4th line with Thompson. Like I said if we take the logic you've displayed towards KK for almost a year now how could you possibly like him with Thompson?
I didn't say I liked him with Thompson ? Gotta take the little wins you can get though. He's playing a regular shift and he's getting 16 minutes of ice.

I think Suzuki is getting used much better than Kotkaniemi is.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I didn't say I liked him with Thompson ? Gotta take the little wins you can get though. He's playing a regular shift and he's getting 16 minutes of ice.

I think Suzuki is getting used much better than Kotkaniemi is.

not specifically with Thompson I just mean in general. His usage is pretty much in direct contradistinction to what you've said you want and or your prescribed way of developing prospects. He hasn't played 16 mins in 4 games. Last game was 12 mins. When he scored his goals he got 14 mins.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
not specifically with Thompson I just mean in general. His usage is pretty much in direct contradistinction to what you've said you want and or your prescribed way of developing prospects. He hasn't played 16 mins in 4 games. Last game was 12 mins. When he scored his goals he got 14 mins.

14-15-16 with PP time is fine by me, obviously in a perfect world he'd have better linemates but you take what you can get and thats what you can. 12 minutes is innaceptable though. I also care a lot less about Suzukis development than Kotkaniemi, they don't have the same pedigree and Suzuki is much closer to a finish product than Kotkaniemi who needs to be developed.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
14-15-16 with PP time is fine by me, obviously in a perfect world he'd have better linemates but you take what you can get and thats what you can. 12 minutes is innaceptable though. I also care a lot less about Suzukis development than Kotkaniemi, they don't have the same pedigree and Suzuki is much closer to a finish product than Kotkaniemi who needs to be developed.
KK and Suzuki were projected to go around the same spot in the draft by many. Not sure why you would emphasize one guy's development over the other when they both have elite center potential. They should both be put in a position to succeed.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
KK and Suzuki were projected to go around the same spot in the draft by many. Not sure why you would emphasize one guy's development over the other when they both have elite center potential. They should both be put in a position to succeed.
I disagree. One was picked 3rd OA and rightfully so and the other was picked 13th and he doesn't look like he'd go much higher than that in a re-draft. Bob Mack had him in his top 5 while Suzuki was 12th on Macks list.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I disagree. One was picked 3rd OA and rightfully so and the other was picked 13th and he doesn't look like he'd go much higher than that in a re-draft. Bob Mack had him in his top 5 while Suzuki was 12th on Macks list.
Depends which list you look at. Most lists put either guy around 8 to 15. A few outliers here and there. Either way, development is a huge priority for both guys.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

We should be looking to the future. Both players' development should be such a priority that we shouldn't be talking about developing one at the expense of the other.

MB and CJ need to find a way to develop both.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Exactly why i said at least Suzuki is responsible defensively.
KK has not been good this year in the zone. He's running around too much.

Something's going to have to change.

First thing is the pk. 2nd is the line combos. We had a good start offensively through 9 games. But that will wane. We'll need at least 3 good offensive lines. Suzuki needs to be a part of one of them, perhaps as a center.

Reactions: angusyoung

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Something's going to have to change.

First thing is the pk. 2nd is the line combos. We had a good start offensively through 9 games. But that will wane. We'll need at least 3 good offensive lines. Suzuki needs to be a part of one of them, perhaps as a center.
He's playing very well for a first year player. He's not going to light the league on fire . He's impressed me enough with his hockey I.Q. and high end skills to project we got a very good hockey player here.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Is it like when we were robbed of McDonaugh, but reverse?
Still can't believe we got that dude as a sweetener lol

I hate Marc Bergevin, and I hope he got canned ASAP but that trade was a masterpiece. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
I
He's playing very well for a first year player. He's not going to light the league on fire . He's impressed me enough with his hockey I.Q. and high end skills to project we got a very good hockey player here.
I like what I see too, needs to work on his leg strength but I'm sure that will be part of his development. Will he last 82 games?

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Is it like when we were robbed of McDonaugh, but reverse?
Still can't believe we got that dude as a sweetener lol

I hate Marc Bergevin, and I hope he got canned ASAP but that trade was a masterpiece. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Tatar was almost considered as a cap dump by Vegas. They didn't play him in the playoffs and was taking 4M on their cap. Suzuki was the main piece in the trade. Great trade indeed!

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Really starting to think he is in the NHL to stay. Promising young player. If he improves his quickness just a little bit he could become elite.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Only thing I am upset about is him not shooting the puck enough.
It's just a question of confidence as I can see he's still nervous out there. Better than the first few games but I can tell he's not comfortable quite yet. Nerves should go away sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad