Confirmed with Link: Nick Seeler Signs Four Year Contract Extension ($2.7M AAV and Full NTC For First Two Years)

How Do You Grade This Thing

• Total voters

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Every bar that is presented to the Flyers as a chance to show that they're competent, they fail.

Posted this in the other thread but i'll post it here again:

‘You just can’t fall in love’,” Tortorella concluded. “You can’t because if you do, it’s going to set you back. We’ve got to look at the organizational view of how to do this. You’ll be friends with that player if you like him that much. You’ll be friends and you’re gonna care about him the rest of your life, but there has to be– there’s going to be some tough decisions coming along here. So, we gotta be really careful to not let our emotions get in the way of making the proper decision for the team.”
Just absolutely made up drivel.

You trade him (if you even can with him being injured) and go after him again in FA if you REALLY want him. If some other team snatches him up then so be it.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Well, at best Briere is going to do the "one foot in, one foot out" thing with this deadline.

I don't even despite the contract. It's just not the timeline to give this one out.

Reactions: flyersnorth

WolfOfBroadStreet14

Aug 15, 2020
What would Seeler fetch on the market though? For a 2nd, I'd trade him. At a 3rd or 4th, I don't think signing him at a 3x3-3.5 instead is all that bad given the player he is.
Fair point. My post was based on a 2nd rounder coming back but if then market isn’t there than there are worst things than this.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
I am going to rip my hair out if I read one more time on Twitter "But the salary cap is going up!"

Yes, the salary cap is going up. Let's have that space ready for when we actually need it, not burn it at the first chance to do so on Nick Seeler.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Why do we even bother following this team? I'm honestly at the point that I'm just going to root for continued disaster since that's more entertaining than what they do on the ice.

At least the Phillies are good again. It gives me like a two month or so window between football & that where the Flyers are the only game in town.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Trailer park fanbase, and franchise.

national-lampoon-chevy-chase-not-ordinary-fool-1983.gif

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
it’s not terrible but it just doesn’t make sense.

I’m way more invested in finding ways to get Andrae, Attard, and Bonk looks in the near future. They better move Walker now, Risto later, and let Staal ride into the sunset.

Just blah.

What happens if we have to take Ceci from EDM? Even more of a road block.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
it’s not terrible but it just doesn’t make sense.

I’m way more invested in finding ways to get Andrae, Attard, and Bonk looks in the near future. They better move Walker now, Risto later, and let Staal ride into the sunset.

Just blah.

What happens if we have to take Ceci from EDM? Even more of a road block.
Bonk isn’t playing here next year anyways, so Ceci for only one year isn’t prohibitive. Andrae is who is blocked unless Zamula leaves, except if Drysdale plays more LD.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
He should have been traded already...instead he gets hurt and will now miss a couple weeks because of the way he plays. This is a preview of what could happen with the way he plays (which is what makes him so effective and important to other teams) Blocking Shots, Playing Physical...yet instead of trading him knowing the tock is clicking, they are likely going to sign him to a 3/4 year extension.

I like him, I appreciate him and his sacrifice. His style of play would be important to a contending playoff team that needs a 6/7 D in case of injury. You can teach his style of play to other players though...and I got a feeling thats what they are gonna try and do with Attard/York.

If he's staying, Walker must go or Danny/Jonesy are gonna hear it from the fanbase.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He should have been traded already...instead he gets hurt and will now miss a couple weeks because of the way he plays. This is a preview of what could happen with the way he plays (which is what makes him so effective and important to other teams) Blocking Shots, Playing Physical...yet instead of trading him knowing the tock is clicking, they are likely going to sign him to a 3/4 year extension.

I like him, I appreciate him and his sacrifice. His style of play would be important to a contending playoff team that needs a 6/7 D in case of injury. You can teach his style of play to other players though...and I got a feeling thats what they are gonna try and do with Attard/York.

If he's staying, Walker must go or Danny/Jonesy are gonna hear it from the fanbase.
They’ll hear it from Twitter, not the paying customers.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad