Proposal: Nick Schmaltz for Jeremy Lauzon

Who wins?

• Total voters

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Don't know if we need Schmaltz but Lauzon isn't that good so yeah. Problem is the current management seem to love him so doubt they do it.

Reactions: bert

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
I don’t give a shit about finding a better fit for the Coyotes lmao. I’m not a Yotes fan nor the one that started this thread. I’m just telling him it’s a bad deal.
Blue Dream is a decent strain but Death Bubba is better

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I think the value may be closer than many realize. Lauzon is not that good, but Schmaltz has two years left on his deal after this one and still has nearly 20 million on his current contract in actual dollars.

For most smaller market teams, that contract is pretty brutal. Nick Schmaltz is a good player, but for any team that has a limited budget, spending 8.5M per season on him is a questionable expenditure.

Reactions: Hollel

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think the value may be closer than many realize. Lauzon is not that good, but Schmaltz has two years left on his deal after this one and still has nearly 20 million on his current contract in actual dollars.

For most smaller market teams, that contract is pretty brutal. Nick Schmaltz is a good player, but for any team that has a limited budget, spending 8.5M per season on him is a questionable expenditure.
Preds don't have a limited budget but he's still not worth 8.5.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Don't get the overwhelming Lauzon hate on the Preds board. He is what he is, but I feel like he has taken steps forward this year. The coaches are telling him to hit everything that still has a pulse, and he is doing exactly that.

I certainly don't consider him to be an untouchable but as a 3rd pairing guy who can drop the gloves, we can certainly do a lot worse.

That being said, I'm not sure I'd move him for Schmaltz. Never been a big fan of him and especially at close to $6 mil, I'd walk away.

Reactions: preds1

Hollel

Jun 15, 2019
Feel like if NSH really wanted to bring schmaltz in they could easily do so while keeping Lauzon. Schmaltz has always been a bit of an enigma, and with 32 pts in 53 games @ 5.85 x2, I’m shocked people think he’d have much value on the trade market lol

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Feel like if NSH really wanted to bring schmaltz in they could easily do so while keeping Lauzon. Schmaltz has always been a bit of an enigma, and with 32 pts in 53 games @ 5.85 x2, I’m shocked people think he’d have much value on the trade market lol
His Pts/82 w/AZ is 61.88 - meanwhile the Yotes have scored the 2nd fewest goals in the NHL in the seasons he’s been on the team.

He’s a very talented offensive player who’s produced on a very poor offensive team, despite dealing with several injuries.

Teams would be interested in him if they believe he could achieve more in a better environment with more talent to work with.

He’s obviously got some issues which hinder his value. But you shouldn’t be shocked that he has value on the trade market.

I suspect his value is probably roughly equivalent to a 2nd round pick. In other words, roughly equivalent to Jeremy Lauzon. ;)

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I'd be tempted to offer up Ryan Lindgren for Nick Schmatlz with Arizona retaining 25%

We need a C/RW, and he could be a decent add

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
You could do a lot better than that. Schmaltz should fetch more than that.

However, I do feel like he’s better off staying in AZ. He and Keller have some of the best chemistry out there.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'd be tempted to offer up Ryan Lindgren for Nick Schmatlz with Arizona retaining 25%

We need a C/RW, and he could be a decent add
Lindgren is pretty much the exact player I want. I can’t see AZ retaining because Schmaltz has a backloaded deal. Would add an asset to Schmaltz. We have some Rangers picks left over from the Nemeth dump.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Lindgren is pretty much the exact player I want. I can’t see AZ retaining because Schmaltz has a backloaded deal. Would add an asset to Schmaltz. We have some Rangers picks left over from the Nemeth dump.

2nd in 25?

We can then use tjat to have someone retain

rt

May 13, 2004
This seems relevant again. Do the Preds want to dump Cody Glass? I think the cap works if it’s Lauzon+Glass. Maye. The Preds add a pick. They have three 2nds. I’d take the WPG 2nd and offer the NYI 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad