Confirmed with Link: Nick Ritchie to Toronto (2x2.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
N
thanks but I know what I saw. Of course Ritchie has his flaws, but it’s being exaggerated by people like you.

also reports are he’s spent his entire summer working on his skating, which certainly can’t hurt
ice to hear sire! :clap: Ritchie GON KILL BIG TYME IN TO SIRE!! Toroonto is the city to be and be ON THAT ICE HOCKEY SIRE. FOR LIFE :leafs: :leaf: :maple leaf: So many others is jelious and not being in hockey's mecca. Others is suckas. Ritchie has ARRIVED. He doing that during summer..... mayne we gon be much more itchy and scratchy this season with ritchie, our lemieux type of pest bunting, simmonds... and gabriel (with mikayla demaiter). What a catch by US :clap:

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Clearly it's more than that... but yes, the cap hit fits.
They sign a dozen cheap cast off guys every year. They did last year, they'll do so going forward (with our cap structure). I wouldn't read too much into it.

If you're cheap, willing to play in Canada, and you play a position we're short in, we're likely interested in you.

Reactions: mclaren55

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
I have the feeling that Ritchie will be the biggest disappointment of our new acquired players. Hopefully I'm totally wrong.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
there were many cheaper options than Ritchie.
Who some adv stats queen. This statement has zero relevance. You post all the cheaper option that compare identically to what Ritchie brings then champ. Just baseless statements without content is not going to cut it.
Put up your list

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I have the feeling that Ritchie will be the biggest disappointment of our new acquired players. Hopefully I'm totally wrong.
A feeling. Well i have at least a educated guess he will be a nice role player for us. I happen to think he is in a good position where he will be playing with the best quality of players in his career these next couple years.
I think he is in the best position of success of his career. I’m feeling career year :)

Reactions: Coachcorner

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Who some adv stats queen. This statement has zero relevance. You post all the cheaper option that compare identically to what Ritchie brings then champ. Just baseless statements without content is not going to cut it.
Put up your list

I think you're missing the point. Zeke's saying that Ritchie wasn't some bargain basement add, he was someone we identified as a target and spent money on.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I never felt strongly about Vesey either way, nor do I feel strong here particularly, but there is undeniable potential for a good fit. We will see what happens.

As for your first paragraph, you go ahead and keep thinking that… or you can join the rest of us in reality
i could also say there's potential for a large number of players to be a ''fit'' in our top 6 so that's not really saying much about Ritchie

i'd love to know what reality you say your living in where you believe Ritchie played well for Boston but they decided not to qualify him because um reasons , i guess Ana which used a high 1st on him also misused him lol

now if you believe he'll be more productive playing in our top 6 i'll agree but he'll need to do more than just hang around the net vulturing some points

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
i could also say there's potential for a large number of players to be a ''fit'' in our top 6 so that's not really saying much about Ritchie

i'd love to know what reality you say your living in where you believe Ritchie played well for Boston but they decided not to qualify him because um reasons , i guess Ana which used a high 1st on him also misused him lol

now if you believe he'll be more productive playing in our top 6 i'll agree but he'll need to do more than just hang around the net vulturing some points

I already explained the reasons to you. Not my problem if you don’t accept them for some unknown reason.

And given that he didn’t just vulture points hanging around the net in Boston or Anaheim, I have little concern that’s gonna be a problem here. Not that he didn’t spend a lot of time around the net, I just don’t see it being this negative degree you decided to take.

Actually, to be honest, on this club we could kinda use a guy who just wants to be up in their goalie’s business all night…

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I already explained the reasons to you. Not my problem if you don’t accept them for some unknown reason.

And given that he didn’t just vulture points hanging around the net in Boston or Anaheim, I have little concern that’s gonna be a problem here. Not that he didn’t spend a lot of time around the net, I just don’t see it being this negative degree you decided to take.

Actually, to be honest, on this club we could kinda use a guy who just wants to be up in their goalie’s business all night…
you gave your opinion why they didn't re-sign him but for some reason you believe it's a fact which is strange since teams don't just walk away from cheap productive players in their mid 20's

do you actually believe if Ritchie was half the player you and others keep insisting he was Boston wouldn't have qualified him ? hell he'd still be with the Ducks if he played anywhere near the level people believe he did

and lets say for argument sake the Ducks and Bruins are idiots , do you actually believe the rest of the league are also incompetent fools as well and that's why they didn't outbid us for a huge youngish physical player with some skill ?

also it's one thing to have some hope he can step it up if he can but to constantly set yourself up for disappointed year after year by over estimating the scrap heap guys is nuts

Reactions: Blowfish

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
you gave your opinion why they didn't re-sign him but for some reason you believe it's a fact which is strange since teams don't just walk away from cheap productive players in their mid 20's

do you actually believe if Ritchie was half the player you and others keep insisting he was Boston wouldn't have qualified him ? hell he'd still be with the Ducks if he played anywhere near the level people believe he did

and lets say for argument sake the Ducks and Bruins are idiots , do you actually believe the rest of the league are also incompetent fools as well and that's why they didn't outbid us for a huge youngish physical player with some skill ?

also it's one thing to have some hope he can step it up if he can but to constantly set yourself up for disappointed year after year by over estimating the scrap heap guys is nuts

I’m not going to defend myself against arguments I never made.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I’m not going to defend myself against arguments I never made.
i'm not attacking you

i'm just responding to your argument that Ritchie played well for Boston but they didn't re-sign him which they easily could have done because um he's a top 6 player who doesn't fit the 3rd line , lol

and um the rest of the league was also sleeping while Dubie snuck in and snapped up a youngish huge physical somewhat skilled power forward for peanuts

the problem with these discussions is they wouldn't even get started if people would just take off there blue and white tinted glasses and look at things objectively instead of trying to defend illogical positions

Reactions: ToneDog

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
i'm not attacking you

i'm just responding to your argument that Ritchie played well for Boston but they didn't re-sign him which they easily could have done because um he's a top 6 player who doesn't fit the 3rd line , lol

and um the rest of the league was also sleeping while Dubie snuck in and snapped up a youngish huge physical somewhat skilled power forward for peanuts

the problem with these discussions is they wouldn't even get started if people would just take off there blue and white tinted glasses and look at things objectively instead of trying to defend illogical positions

Not attacking per se, but once again attempting to put words in my mouth with your misrepresentations of what I said.

and just because I don’t see this how you do, doesn’t mean that I’m the one not looking at things objectively or logically.

The arbitration side of this has been talked about by a bunch of places, and I have watched more than a good enough amount of Ritchie to hold my opinion, so this isn’t just me pulling things out of my ass to fit a narrative.

it’s also plain to see to anyone who tuned in that Ritchie’s effectiveness took a huge hit when he (rightfully) got pushed down the lineup by a freshly acquired Hall.

I’ve never once positioned this as some steal by Dubas or some gotcha where he grabbed some great player no one else was aware of. I’ve never once talked about Dubas at all in fact nor have I made any predications of how well I think Ritchie will do as a Leaf. So not even sure what I am allegedly not being objective about.

Last edited:

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Not attacking per se, but once again attempting to put words in my mouth with your misrepresentations of what I said.

and just because I don’t see this how you do, doesn’t mean that I’m the one not looking at things objectively or logically.

The arbitration side of this has been talked about by a bunch of places, and I have watched more than a good enough amount of Ritchie to hold my opinion, so this isn’t just me pulling things out of my ass to fit a narrative.

it’s also plain to see to anyone who tuned in that Ritchie’s effectiveness took a huge hit when he (rightfully) got pushed down the lineup by a freshly acquired Hall.

I’ve never once positioned this as some steal by Dubas or some gotcha where he grabbed some great player no one else was aware of. I’ve never once talked about Dubas at all in fact nor have I made any predications of how well I think Ritchie will do as a Leaf. So not even sure what I am allegedly not being objective about.
tbh i don't even know what your trying to say any more , lol

on the one hand your downplaying what your expecting out of him but on the other hand your saying he played well when given an opportunity and would have been paid well in arb if Boston qualified him

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
tbh i don't even know what your trying to say any more , lol

on the one hand your downplaying what your expecting out of him but on the other hand your saying he played well when given an opportunity and would have been paid well in arb if Boston qualified him

doesn’t seen that complicated to me.

Ritchie probably gets even more than we paid him on an arbitration award. His numbers are his numbers. The contrast of his effectiveness when he was bottom 6 vs top 6 doesn’t really come into it. Based on what the Bruins believed his award could be if he were to file, they didn’t value him to that tune based on his body of work in their bottom 6, as he would see no top 6 time most likely barring injuries, and so they decided to forego his QO.

If he plays top 6 all season, I think he could do quite well. If he doesn’t, then he’ll have a harder time being good value.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
doesn’t seen that complicated to me.

Ritchie probably gets even more than we paid him on an arbitration award. His numbers are his numbers. The contrast of his effectiveness when he was bottom 6 vs top 6 doesn’t really come into it. Based on what the Bruins believed his award could be if he were to file, they didn’t value him to that tune based on his body of work in their bottom 6, so they decided to forego his QO.

If he plays top 6 all season, I think he could do quite well. If he doesn’t, then he’ll have a harder time being good value.
what was stopping Boston from re-signing him before arbitration ? absolutely nothing so i have no idea why it's even being discussed , never mind acting like it was a lock that he was going to get awarded a large payday

and don't confuse production with effectiveness , a player can produce by leaching off his line mates but not be an effective player and that's the reason Ritchie wasn't retained by Boston and why i have little expectations of him magically turning into a different player here

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
what was stopping Boston from re-signing him before arbitration ? absolutely nothing so i have no idea why it's even being discussed , never mind acting like it was a lock that he was going to get awarded a large payday

and don't confuse production with effectiveness , a player can produce by leaching off his line mates but not be an effective player and that's the reason Ritchie wasn't retained by Boston and why i have little expectations of him magically turning into a different player here

no confusion here. I know exactly what I saw

It’s pretty clear you and I are not going to agree, so how about we just call it here. I abhor circular arguments.

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
You likely have the person being quoted on ignore. They incorrectly stated that he didn't play well and that's why Boston let him go.

Lol, I think you are correct and that makes a lot of sense!

I recently found that several posters allowed to post in the Leafs forum's only goal was to only put a negative spin on everything. As a result I put a bunch on ignore, by doing so has made this board MUCH more enjoyable for me personally. I past years I completely avoided this HF between seasons because of posters like that. This year I was able to continue to enjoy HF in the off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad