Player Discussion: Nick Perbix

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Perbix has a promising future with the franchise. His emergence was huge for us considering our cap/prospect/defense situation.

Looking forward to watching his development.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Will be interesting to see how he progresses the next few years.

Really good last year and slow start this season.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
I think he's gotten better since the start of the season. Let's hope it's just a sophomore slump and not a career long slump.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Never like him, can't stand a defenseman who don't use the body, afraid to make a big hit, who don't clear the crease or protect the goalie, except you are Hedman or similar. I know, I'm minority, love old school hockey so I need to deal with this kind of specimens, lol.

Reactions: ultra63

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Never like him, can't stand a defenseman who don't use the body, afraid to make a big hit, who don't clear the crease or protect the goalie, except you are Hedman or similar. I know, I'm minority, love old school hockey so I need to deal with this kind of specimens, lol.
They call CC and boarding most of the time so you've really gotta pick your spots if planning to lay a guy out. That said, I can only think of 81 dishing out solid hits, and BOGO before him. The threat of getting drilled does affect opponents willingness to pursue and control loose pucks. ps Raddysh has had a couple of good ones lately, more at the bluelines.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Weird he doesn't get any time on any special teams even though it seems like management likes him.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Played well last year and has tanked this year. I mean, he's at the point where hes dodging hits and letting the puck go.

He pinched when he shouldn't have, took his time getting back, failed to clear the puck, gave the most p***yfied hit ever in the corner, then we got scored on.

I hope to God this kid isn't on our team. Not even sustr would've done that. Has no business being in the lineup right now. Crozier is much more composed and is willing to get hit.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Played well last year and has tanked this year. I mean, he's at the point where hes dodging hits and letting the puck go.

He pinched when he shouldn't have, took his time getting back, failed to clear the puck, gave the most p***yfied hit ever in the corner, then we got scored on.

I hope to God this kid isn't on our team. Not even sustr would've done that. Has no business being in the lineup right now. Crozier is much more composed and is willing to get hit.
Yup. The willingness to take a hit, esp a big one, to make a play is the best example of "tough" IMO.

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
His face don't say anything, looks like he's in another planet. Zero aggression, confrontation, never stand up for anybody, even for the goalie. Also a disaster with the puck, to make decisions, to play D. I never like softie players but had a decent first year and want to see how he will respond to a new contract but enough of him. Hope we can get some pick for him.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Just trade him to San Jose and let him flail there where the results aren't important. Been terrible most of this season. Can't skate backwards worth a lick.

With the Lightning's recent luck (or lack thereof), we'll trade Perbix to San Jose or Anaheim for a 5th and he'll turn back into an actual number 4D. FML

• Haha
Reactions: Stammertime91

Soul Assumption

Jul 18, 2022
Perbix/Dumba is an AHL pair. That's not even an exaggeration. Dumba was healthy scratch in Arizona and Perbix has always been an AHLer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad