Value of: Nick Foligno

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
For years I tried to offer to bring him to Buffalo and I was told to pound salt. We could trade you Bogoasian (5.1×2) for him.

To Buffalo
Foligno
Jenner

To Columbus
Bogoasian at 4.5 mil per year ×2 years
Girginsons 1.6×1
2018 5th

Last edited:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Poster boy for Beware the Contract Year...

Nothing without retention or taking back a cap dump, probably best to hope/pray he rebounds to at least last years numbers

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'd love to have Nicky back in Ottawa, but there's no way we could afford him...unless you want Bobby 'glass fingers' Ryan in return.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
For years I tried to offer to bring him to Buffalo and I was told to pound salt. We could trade you Bogoasian (5.1×2) for him.

To Buffalo
Foligno
Jenner

To Columbus
Girginsons 1.6×1
2018 5th

Well you wanted him when he was paying well. Kinda obvious to see why he wouldn't get traded. However I would probably do that deal.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC

To Buffalo
Foligno
Jenner

To Columbus
Girginsons 1.6×1
2018 5th

Playoffs bring out the best in Jenner, He's extremely difficult to play against.
Thanks for the offer, but he stays in Columbus

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Well you wanted him when he was paying well. Kinda obvious to see why he wouldn't get traded. However I would probably do that deal.

The value in Foligno for me would be his leadership to try and change the culture in Buffalo. We'd be paying a hefty price for that but it might be worth it.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Playoffs bring out the best in Jenner, He's extremely difficult to play against.
Thanks for the offer, but he stays in Columbus

Just figured with Buffalo taking some cap, a Girginsons - Jenner swap might be possible. Girgensons needs a change of scenery. Plus Jenner will be a RFA and might be getting 3-3.5 mil next year and Girginsons has a year left at 1.6 mil. So when it's all said and done, Columbus will be saving 2.5-3 million in cap and have a 2 year contract with Bogoasian instead of a 3 year contract with Foligno.

Last edited:

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Bogosian + 2nd for Foligno

To much. I wouldn't give the 32nd pick just to move Bogoasian with nothing coming back. I certainly wouldn't do it and take a 5.5 million dollar contract for 3 more years.
If Buffalo's taking cap back with longer term, a sweetener needs to be in there. Jenner for Girginsons would be the perfect compensation. IMO offer should be,

Bogoasian at 4.5x2
Girginsons at 1.6x1
2018 5th
For
Foligno at 5.5x3
Jenner RFA ( probably 3.5x3 )

Columbus doesn't sign JJ and has 7 mil in cap to play with.

Last edited:

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
To much. I wouldn't give the 32nd pick just to move Bogoasian with nothing coming back. I certainly wouldn't do it and take a 5.5 million dollar contract for 3 more years.
If Buffalo's taking cap back with longer term, a sweetener needs to be in there. Jenner for Girginsons would be the perfect compensation. IMO offer should be,

Bogoasian at 4.5x2
Girginsons at 1.6x1
2018 5th
For
Foligno at 5.5x3
Jenner RFA ( probably 3.5x3 )

Columbus doesn't sign JJ and has 7 mil in cap to play with.

We're not trading Jenner along with Foligno, not to mention selling low on the two. We have no use or desire for Girgensons and a 5th.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
We're not trading Jenner along with Foligno, not to mention selling low on the two. We have no use or desire for Girgensons and a 5th.

That's funny because the OP said he wasn't a to give him away for free. So don't get pissy with me, get pissy with the Columbus fan that posted it

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
At least get your facts right. He scored in Gam 6 of that series.

you want to talk facts, He's -3 with 0 goals and 1 assist through the first 5 games of this series

I hope He makes me eat my words tonight, but it's hard to see that happening

Maybe He'd score 40 goals in Vegas, but He's underachieved enormously when it counts in Columbus

Last edited:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Does this thread get awkward now with him being the best jacket out there with Calvert being #2 that people are also on board with letting walk... the fan base is bipolar.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Calvert will be a Jet by training camp of next season. Book it.
Calvert would be nice as a cap friendly UFA but LW may not be a priority. They could probably find a spot for him, however, Vesalainen might be their next LWer. Foligno has a modified NMC and NTC so probably wouldn't want to move. He's a good center who's tough and sticks up for his team mates. I can't see Columbus wanting to move him, other than for his age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad