Rumor: Nick Foligno to Minnesota

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
It's hard to imagine Minnesota making an offer for Eichel that doesn't include Fiala, though Boldy could be in there as well. That'd certainly create a need to sign a free agent winger or two.
Fiala, Boldy and a 1st has been my thought. Wild can catch the attention of lots of UFA’s after landing Jack.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I get that Foligno has intangibles, but MN has plenty of that. I guess his toughness would be nice, but he has slowed down quite a bit. I thought part of reason Koivu, Staal, Suter, Parise were let go was so MN could get faster, and now he signs Bjugstad and Foligno?

Reactions: Chrisinroch

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
If thats your worry, which I get; NJ would happily take a look into Fiala, whos buddy buddy with Hischier

Zacha+ as a return?

I doubt we have the ammo to pull that deal off comfortably. It's a step forward, step back situation for us possibly. The center piece going back is better than Zacha

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I doubt we have the ammo to pull that deal off comfortably. It's a step forward, step back situation for us possibly. The center piece going back is better than Zacha

If it had to happen, I'd hope for Holtz + NYI 1st + something with value in between these two things (mid-1st value)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Isn't that tampering?

We are a few weeks away from UFA and these guys already know what will happen without seeing the numbers or offers he might get ?
Players can express interest in teams, and players with family on other teams could legally hear from their family what their family member has heard.

Thus, it could leak to the media that a team and player have mutual interest without the team itself doing anything illegal.

Hell, players are constantly actively recruiting, as long as it isn't management doing it, that's deemed ok.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Heard through the NHL grapevine that the Wild are aggressively teaching Nick Offerman how to skate just in case.
There would be a shortage in gold in Minny after he convinces the players to get away from currency and switch to gold.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Is CBJ just not interested in having him back?
This has been part of my reservation about bidding for his services, because I assume he'd just go back to Columbus if they were offering something reasonable. I guess with the turnover there that might not be the case, though?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad