Rumor: Nick Foligno to Minnesota

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Isn't that tampering?

We are a few weeks away from UFA and these guys already know what will happen without seeing the numbers or offers he might get ?

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Isn't that tampering?

We are a few weeks away from UFA and these guys already know what will happen without seeing the numbers or offers he might get ?

With all the family ties and friendships around the league, tampering is super common and unavoidable.

For example, they talked about this on Missin Curfew (Upshall/O'Brien/Hayes podcast) someone like Landeskog knows exactly what the Blues would offer him, communicated over a few beverages with his buddy ROR.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Isn't that tampering?

Or Strickland knows Wild were interested in Foligno at the trade deadline and is just connecting the dots

Reactions: banks

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Isn't that tampering?

Reporters can't tamper, only GMs.
Reporter asks Marcus, "hey you think your brother might want to play with you one day?" then just tweets the response with no sources.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I dont think Nick Foligno signing anywhere strongly points to anything

hes a bottom-6 player now, those two you named are top-6
It's less a top-6/bottom-6 question and more a question of open winger spots.

Zuccarello - X - Kaprizov
Boldy - Hartman(?) - Fiala
Greenway - Eriksson-Ek - M Foligno
Y - Sturm - Bjugstad

Does Foligno sign here to play 4th line LW with Sturm and Bjugstad? Or do we block out Boldy when he's clearly ready to step in next year? And I only have Hartman at center because I'm not sure what they do for those first two lines, but in reality he's a winger as well.

Nico Hughes

Jun 28, 2021

Y - Sturm - Bjugstad

Does Foligno sign here to play 4th line LW with Sturm and Bjugstad? Or do we block out Boldy when he's clearly ready to step in next year? And I only have Hartman at center because I'm not sure what they do for those first two lines, but in reality he's a winger as well.
If thats your worry, which I get; NJ would happily take a look into Fiala, whos buddy buddy with Hischier

Zacha+ as a return?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If thats your worry, which I get; NJ would happily take a look into Fiala, whos buddy buddy with Hischier

Zacha+ as a return?
No.

And the idea wouldn't be that they need to make room for Foligno, but that they'd want to sign Foligno in anticipation of filling a hole at wing that doesn't currently exist.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Y - Sturm - Bjugstad

Foligno would play with the other Foligno and Greenway while Ek is moved up higher in the lineup. After Ek fails, he will go back to playing with Marcus and Greenway while Nick moves to the 4th line with Hartman and Sturm

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Foligno would play with the other Foligno and Greenway while Ek is moved up higher in the lineup. After Ek fails, he will go back to playing with Marcus and Greenway while Nick moves to the 4th line with Hartman and Sturm
The young man who will fill up one of the center spots for REAL is of course named: Marco Rossi. Period. He talented as F.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Worst move of Kyle Dubas' tenure by far.

Good riddance from my side but wish we didn't give up a 1st rounder for him. Jarmo fleeced Kyle.

At first I thought this is a good move to help the Leafs over the hump a bit. In hindsight yup... shit move. I like some of Dubas moves but this back fired bad. Hometown blah blah... I know you want to play with your brother fair enough... but yup... good riddance.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
That's a really bade tradeoff so I hope for your sake they get a huge upgrade at C.
My assumption is that one would be traded to address the problem at center. I don't think anyone's going to trade away good young players just to add Nick Foligno.

Not that it's impossible to add Foligno and keep the other two, but I think it's very unlikely that all three end up on the Wild's Day 1 roster. Foligno would have to come very cheaply, on short term, and be comfortable with a limited role.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
My assumption is that one would be traded to address the problem at center. I don't think anyone's going to trade away good young players just to add Nick Foligno.

Not that it's impossible to add Foligno and keep the other two, but I think it's very unlikely that all three end up on the Wild's Day 1 roster. Foligno would have to come very cheaply, on short term, and be comfortable with a limited role.
How much are you expecting him to get?

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington

Y - Sturm - Bjugstad

Or Eichel is X and Boldy is going Buffalo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad