Player Discussion Nick Ebert

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
He's been in the AHL for a long time without ever getting an NHL cup of coffee, so I doubt he'd be first or even third in line for an NHL callup here.

As to the second point, the answer there should be pretty obvious. No.

In short- I wouldn't go adding him to your fantasy roster, thinking you're being clever and getting the jump on him.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
The vet has the advantage when you're looking at a 7D because you can scratch him 4 games out of 5 without feeling like you're doing something wrong. I thought we might sign that Morrow even though he was terrible. But he would need to look good in Hartford, and there would need to be injuries.

Reactions: Michal

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
He's been in the AHL for a long time without ever getting an NHL cup of coffee, so I doubt he'd be first or even third in line for an NHL callup here.

As to the second point, the answer there should be pretty obvious. No.

In short- I wouldn't go adding him to your fantasy roster, thinking you're being clever and getting the jump on him.

Actually, Ebert last played in the AHL back in the spring of 2017--he's been playing in Europe (most recently in Sweden) until he was signed by Ottawa. Had pretty good numbers last year at Orebro last year.

Not suggesting he'll ever see the NHL, but he's pretty much a complete unknown at this point.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Actually, Ebert last played in the AHL back in the spring of 2017--he's been playing in Europe (most recently in Sweden) until he was signed by Ottawa. Had pretty good numbers last year at Orebro last year.

Not suggesting he'll ever see the NHL, but he's pretty much a complete unknown at this point.
And he was involved in winning two championships.

His numbers looked good in Europe.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If you look at our right side it goes like this:

1. Trouba
2. DeAngelo
3. Fox
4. Smith

If there was a couple injuries and a need to call up a right handed D we have Keane, Ebert and Raddysh. IMO--Keane ain't physically ready from what I saw of him in Traverse and his one game in preseason. Raddysh didn't even get that. So a 25 year old Ebert with some KHL experience and coming off a very good SHL season (led his team in scoring) has a shot if a call up is needed.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I’ve seldom seen a guy drop the way Ebert did in 2012.

Granted, scouts were very divided on him at the time. But some actually had him ranked second overall in the preseason. Even the average ranking had him comfortably in the top 10 - ahead of several notable names, including Trouba.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

What I meant was that he had a very long stretch in the AHL that never facilitated an NHL callup, not that he was most recently in the AHL.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Did he ever play on us hockey teams with former or current Rangers? I'm pretty sure he did but I can't find anything that can confirm that.

Also here's what Senators GM Dorian had to say about him just a few months ago: Senators sign depth defenceman Nick Ebert | The Telegram
He played on numerous occasions with Vincent LoVerde, and also Paul Mara, Kris Newbury, and Ethan Werek when they were all pros. Some other random guys as well. He played with Patrik Virta last season when Virta was still our property, so the pro scouts would have seen him then. He was also coached by Bob Boughner who overlapped with guys in our organization like Kono and Kjellberg, among others.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
This guy's thread on the Prospect Board is hilarious, when you go from First couple of pages to the last couple of pages. It's basically everyone saying he's gonna be a top-5 pick to 'yo wtf happened, how'd this guy drop so much'

RD Nick Ebert - Windsor Spitfires, OHL (2012, 211th overall, Los Angeles)

I have to agree with the person who said he's probably not even the 1st or 2nd call up option from Hartford. He'd have to seriously impress to move up and I doubt he will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad