Nichushkin is the first NHL player ever to go 48 games without a goal or penalty (to start a season)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
His teammate, Brett Ritchie, is more useless. Val is good defensively and can kill penalties, he has just lost all confidence offensively and is overpaid. Ritchie just sucks..completely sucks at everything except for fighting once every 10-15 games
It still is bad when you have to be compared to someone who is useless entirely.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The whole problem is he's had too many.

In his case maybe one IS too many.

Now whether that "one" is going back to Russia, or heading to Dallas in the first place, who knows. Maybe he'd have been better off just staying in the KHL and avoiding the NHL altogether.

But I really did have high hopes for him going into his rookie year. Just hasn't been the same since his hip surgery. Benn had the same procedure done, I think, and while he obviously isn't challenging for another Art Ross any time soon he's still a top line forward.

Nuke, on the other hand, wouldn't look out of place in my co-ed ball hockey league right now. :laugh:

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
You can always tell a Milford man.

giphy.gif

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
That's seriously impressive. Reminds me of Gomez in Mtl, but he was taking up the cap space of a 1st liner lol

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Love it how some of the hfboard and even Canuck fans said we should have drafted this guy instead of horvat.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Haydn Fleury hasn't scored in his NHL career so far. He has 80 games under his belt.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Love it how some of the hfboard and even Canuck fans said we should have drafted this guy instead of horvat.
Why do people play this game? Every team makes good and bad draft decisions. It is not like people didn't say you should draft Ehlers or Tkachuk? It's not like Benning has been flawless.

Jetcetera

Jan 19, 2015
Manitoba
Phil Kessel is the first American born NHL player to eat 6 hotdogs before a game and score 4 pts when the moon is in it's waning phase during the year of the year of the pig

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
He was a decent middle-6 player pre-KHL, has nothing going right now. Similar thing happened to Alex Burmistrov- was a competent 3rd liner who was great defensively pre-KHL, went to the KHL and came back a different guy who didn't look like an NHL player.

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
I like Ritchie in the lineup more. (I’d rather neither be in lineup) I hate his penalties but for whatever reason he seems to occasionally have some positive impact. Nischuskin does nothing for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad