Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Now it's the counselors fault lol. Jesus dude. You legitimately sound like a battered spouse.
You never know EscapedGoat. Not all Counselors are perfect and even they sometimes misdiagnose their client's, sometimes giving them the wrong pills, providing wrong therapy and then needing to switch to something else or switch the dosage of the meds. It happens. Sometimes they cut their sessions short and sometimes they even discharge them earlier then they should. Maybe Nuke was not 100% cured and the relapse happened.

It was just my opinion, you never know. Can't blame Nuke 100% before we find out the details and the exact story.

Reactions: Alienblood

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
The more I think about this, the more I think the best thing for Avs is just to keep him and hope he either turns himself around, or relapses and they can terminate for cause.

A mutual buyout is probably 2nd best option, but there will be cap penalties that will hurt them.

Trade could work, but I can’t imagine anyone taking him at a $6.125M cap hit for the next 4 years. So then you're looking at retaining a significant amount for the next 4 years. Not to mention his NMC could cause issues with who he would accept a trade to, and they can't waive him because of it either.

A pure buyout would be the worst option. Kills them cap wise till 2035, and really hurts from 2026-2029.

No matter what happens, the Avs are pretty much screwed.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
As of now we don't even know which drugs or which vodka (I would guess Russian Standard, Smirnoff or Absolut) was Val consuming. Maybe Val was cooking meth or taking Speed. We need more details before we can discuss this topic further.
The drug is cocaine.

Just bring Galchenyuk back on $2M AHL-only contract for the Colorado Eagles. He's get the job done for us.
Bring over Kuznetsov for insurance too.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
The drug is cocaine.

Bring over Kuznetsov for insurance too.
Henchy you remember when Radulov and the other Russian bloke were caught drinking in the bar at 2am in the morning while playing for Nashville Predators the same or the next day in playoffs? Rads got suspended for like a game or two by his team. Why are they giving Nuke such a long term of 6 month suspension. Maybe they want to give Nukie more time for a rehab to see if he can finally change for the better.

Reactions: Alienblood

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Henchy you remember when Radulov and the other Russian bloke were caught drinking in the bar at 2am in the morning while playing for Nashville Predators the same or the next day in playoffs? Rads got suspended for like a game or two by his team. Why are they giving Nuke such a long term of 6 month suspension. Maybe they want to give Nukie more time for a rehab to see if he can finally change for the better.
It is stipulated it is this long by the NHL. That’s why. Nuke has had plenty of chances and motivation to get clean over his career and he just doesn’t want to.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
We need to give Val one more chance. 6 month.
No.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Nuke is a 1st line player. The league said 6 month.

Nuke is under contract. He belongs to Colorado Avalanche. Do you think that they can just terminate his contract? Just like that ?
Avs need to find a way out of it. Dude is a walking 8 ball and sooner or later he’ll have to get his piss collected and odds are it’ll be during a bad time.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

Nuke is under contract. He belongs to Colorado Avalanche. Do you think that they can just terminate his contract? Just like that ? Such a clutch and important player for our team.
Hard to be clutch in the playoffs when you're too busy getting shuttled away from a hotel or forced into rehab

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'm fine with moving on from Nuke.

But this team needs another line driver if he's gone, because he was one of the few that constantly pushed and controlled the pace.

The problem is those players cost money, a luxury the Avs don't have.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm fine with moving on from Nuke.

But this team needs another line driver if he's gone, because he was one of the few that constantly pushed and controlled the pace.

The problem is those players cost money, a luxury the Avs don't have.
All the eggs are in Landy's basket

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006

Nuke is under contract. He belongs to Colorado Avalanche. Do you think that they can just terminate his contract? Just like that ? Such a clutch and important player for our team.

One thing is certain from now on:

Nichushkin plays FIRST LINE!

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Avs need to find a way out of it. Dude is a walking 8 ball and sooner or later he’ll have to get his piss collected and odds are it’ll be during a bad time.

Now when the thread wants to get rid of Rants we need to keep Val. No Rants means there's a good chance we might sign LOCO, Drouin and maybe promote Kovalenko. Then we are on our way to mediocracy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad