Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
We will have to take Nuke back if he promises Avs that he will score twice as much points during the next season and twice as much goals during the next playoffs. Nuke is Avs property and he is currently under active contract. We can't just get rid of him. Just like that. He is a superstar.

In the worst case scenario, Sakic needs to trade him (CMACK does not have the balls to do this) to a team for at least couple of 1st round picks just to compensate Avs for the loss of a star player.
Is this some kind of pinkie promise sanctioned by the devil or what is happening here for it to be at all meaningful and enforceable?

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
And Mitchell Miller happened just last season. The whole discussion around here has been around all the parties involved.

Additionally, Elliotte Friedman mentioned it as an option out of the contract on his podcast.
Yes, he basically insinuated that was the only option for the Avs to get out from his contract, barring termination the day he's reinstated (and The Avs would have to be cap compliant when he is reinstated).

No one is going to trade for that contract now, not without significant retention, which the Avs can't afford. A normal buyout totally f***s the Avs from a cap standpoint from 2026-2035.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Sometimes I wonder if you have even the slightest clue what you're posting :laugh:
Pierce you are a dreamer. You posted 5 years ago that Besser and Laine would be better then Rants. Some of your comments are just hitting the left post.

We gave Nuke a second chance. We gave him a third chance. This is a business. They don't have to give a fourth chance to someone who clearly doesn't want to change
Nuke is a superstar. He is just not our regular line player. We need to give him 1 more chance.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
If you strictly compare it to Kadri, how many of us wanted him gone after he got suspended in the Vegas series? I know I did. He had a history. He would have been murdered in the street if he messed up in Toronto again. He messed up 2 playoff series and got traded.

I think the same happens to Nuke here. He wore out his welcome. Doesn't matter what his potential is (much like Naz), team doesn't want him back. Only it's way worse with Nuke because his cap hit is going to screw us over the summer

Pierce you are a dreamer. You posted 5 years ago that Besser and Laine would be better then Rants. Some of your comments are just hitting the left post.
Pretty impressive that you have to go back 5 years to get a hot take that's wrong. I post those every 10 minutes

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
If you strictly compare it to Kadri, how many of us wanted him gone after he got suspended in the Vegas series? I know I did. He had a history. He would have been murdered in the street if he messed up in Toronto again. He messed up 2 playoff series and got traded.

I think the same happens to Nuke here. He wore out his welcome. Doesn't matter what his potential is (much like Naz), team doesn't want him back. Only it's way worse with Nuke because his cap hit is going to screw us over the summer

Pretty impressive that you have to go back 5 years to get a hot take that's wrong. I post those every 10 minute
Thanks Moopsie. I have a good long term memory.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You are a teacher. Don't you know that you usually can give your student a 2nd or a 3rd chance to change for the better? Hopefully Nuke comes back in 6 month and will continue be even a better player on and off the ice.
Students wouldn't be afforded a 4th opportunity after getting caught with drugs three times. They'd be expelled.

F*** Val Nichushkin.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Why hasn’t the contract been terminated yet?

We’ve got our best lawyer working on it.

f23a2cf71a9a731baeb8dfa981e0265fbf-30-lawyer-dog.rsquare.w400.jpg

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Students wouldn't be afforded a 4th opportunity after getting caught with drugs three times. They'd be expelled.

F*** Val Nichushkin.
Speaking of students, are you having some fun this morning in class? Or are you waiting for Edm elimination?

• Haha
Reactions: The Moops

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Nuke is a superstar. He is just not our regular line player. We need to give him 1 more chance.
I love the player but he has had all the chances he deserves from me. This is a business and a team sport. If a player doesn't want to improve himself and is willing to do this three times to his teammates (twice during playoffs when he is needed the most by said teammates) then you have to move on. How is the question right now.

Reactions: LTCPain75

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The decision ultimately falls on the players and Bednar. If they don't want him back, then he's not back. If they are fine with him back, the organization might still want to cut him loose and that's ok too. What's not ok, is to shove him back into the team if they don't want him, just because CMac and co. can't make the contract go away or just deem that he's too valuable to lose.

It's the same thing as after Seattle: I said I was ok with having Nuke back at training camp if the players were ok with it. They were. If they once again want him back, it's ok to me. But after 3 strikes I won't feel the same way about Nuke as I did before.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
So what would happen if he comes back and then the Avs decide to send him down to the AHL? If they are going to get hit cap-wise if they can't get rid of his contract would AHL be a solution to force him out if he doesn't want to report there?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So what would happen if he comes back and then the Avs decide to send him down to the AHL? If they are going to get hit cap-wise if they can't get rid of his contract would AHL be a solution to force him out if he doesn't want to report there?
No?

First off, he has a NMC, so he can outright reject being sent to the AHL.

Second, let's hypothetically say he agrees--the Avs would only get roughly a $1M cap savings (slightly less, actually, if memory serves me correct).

He's done with the Avs, we have to accept that. He's very obviously a good/great player, he brings A LOT to the team when on the ice, but we cannot keep him at this point.

Think about what Henchy just alluded to--this is the third time within the span of roughly 12-13 months that he's got caught. How many do we not know about? Earlier in the thread RIAL mentioned some stuff in Galchenyuk's lone year here. We didn't ever hear about that prior. How many other instances are out there?

Another anecdotal story was shared from his time in Dallas...given what has happened in the last 12-13 months with the Avs, I'm more inclined to believe that (or something very similar) ended up happening.

There's just no denying that his negatives have now been tipped and they outweigh his positives.

Reactions: The Moops

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Nothing, because the Avs can't send him down to the AHL. Nuke has a full NMC next season.

No?

First off, he has a NMC, so he can outright reject being sent to the AHL.

Second, let's hypothetically say he agrees--the Avs would only get roughly a $1M cap savings (slightly less, actually, if memory serves me correct).

He's done with the Avs, we have to accept that. He's very obviously a good/great player, he brings A LOT to the team when on the ice, but we cannot keep him at this point.

Think about what Henchy just alluded to--this is the third time within the span of roughly 12-13 months that he's got caught. How many do we not know about? Earlier in the thread RIAL mentioned some stuff in Galchenyuk's lone year here. We didn't ever hear about that prior. How many other instances are out there?

Another anecdotal story was shared from his time in Dallas...given what has happened in the last 12-13 months with the Avs, I'm more inclined to believe that (or something very similar) ended up happening.

There's just no denying that his negatives have now been tipped and they outweigh his positives.
Crap I forgot completely about the NMC. Obviously because of the NMC they can't.

My point was though that, assuming he didn't have an NMC, the Avs could send him down in hope that he wouldn't report so that they could then have grounds to terminate the contract. I was just wondering if that could have been a way out. Obviously it cannot due t his NMC which I forgot about.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Crap I forgot completely about the NMC. Obviously because of the NMC they can't.

My point was though that, assuming he didn't have an NMC, the Avs could send him down in hope that he wouldn't report so that they could then have grounds to terminate the contract. I was just wondering if that could have been a way out. Obviously it cannot due t his NMC which I forgot about.
Nuke has about 30 million reasons to report to the AHL team. Same can't be said about that veteran 4th liner playing on a league minimum, which is usually the type of guy that doesn't report to the minors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad