Nice Athletic article on Nazar, Moore, & Rinzel.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
That was an outstanding article by Powers. I love that the college kids have been watching the Hawks games, namely Bedard and Korchinski. And I knew Nazar was very good in the faceoff circle in college but I did not realize how dominant he was against Minnesota those 2 games.

Can't wait to see those kids in the show in the future.

Screenshot_20231115_102444_Chrome.jpg

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
That was an outstanding article by Powers. I love that the college kids have been watching the Hawks games, namely Bedard and Korchinski. And I knew Nazar was very good in the faceoff circle in college but I did not realize how dominant he was against Minnesota those 2 games.

View attachment 768625
That is a very cool photo! Hell, I’d buy that framed.
Imagine the value of they’re both important pieces of a cup champion

Reactions: clydesdale line

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The Bedard Effectis influencing other prospects in the system to elevate their game

Reactions: ray c

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site

View attachment 768625
Tongues out. Love it.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Quick question: when was the last time we had a center prospect that wins face offs? Doesn’t it seem like every hawks center prospect forever has been a “well he can play center and wing… needs to work on his draws” type?

Sounds like Nazar owns the dot and snaps em back. I’m not a huge face off guy but just an observation.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
side note: just spam Esc when paywall articles are loading and if you time it right the pay-wall won't load :thumbu:

Reactions: Idionym

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Quick question: when was the last time we had a center prospect that wins face offs? Doesn’t it seem like every hawks center prospect forever has been a “well he can play center and wing… needs to work on his draws” type?

Sounds like Nazar owns the dot and snaps em back. I’m not a huge face off guy but just an observation.
Until you do it at the NHL level, it doesn't matter

It's one of those skills that doesn't reliably translate

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
side note: just spam Esc when paywall articles are loading and if you time it right the pay-wall won't load :thumbu:
Never tried that. Sometimes I'll hit control P right as the page loads, and then the whole article is readable in the print window.

Good article. Cant wait to see some of these guys on the hawks in the coming years. That's gotta be exciting for them knowing they will play with Bedard.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
I think as the years go we're going to see Bedard slowly begin to excel at the dot. I mean, obviously more reps at the NHL level would lead to any player getting gradually better at taking faceoffs but few players seem to have the innate drive to improve at any "lacking" aspects of their game than someone like a Connor Bedard.

McDavid improved greatly the longer he's played, Crosby improved greatly over the years as well. And, I mean, few players in the entire league were on par with prime Toews at the dot. Even during his later seasons he still seemed to be reliable as f*** to win any big draws.

It would be nice to see Toews around to teach CB98 any tips and tricks that he used to use to get the upper hand.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Toews retired as the best faceoff guy in the league last year if I’m not mistaken

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Me thinks but for the the Beach fiasco, Toews would have looked pretty good taking draws with Kane flanking Bedard.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
I think as the years go we're going to see Bedard slowly begin to excel at the dot. I mean, obviously more reps at the NHL level would lead to any player getting gradually better at taking faceoffs but few players seem to have the innate drive to improve at any "lacking" aspects of their game than someone like a Connor Bedard.

McDavid improved greatly the longer he's played, Crosby improved greatly over the years as well. And, I mean, few players in the entire league were on par with prime Toews at the dot. Even during his later seasons he still seemed to be reliable as f*** to win any big draws.

It would be nice to see Toews around to teach CB98 any tips and tricks that he used to use to get the upper hand.
If I remember correctly, Toews was not that great at the dot in his first season.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
If I remember correctly, Toews was not that great at the dot in his first season.

Yeah I don't think any of the guys I listed were very good at winning draws in their first season(s).

Each guy though possesses that extra drive to become the best at doing whatever it is that they're doing.

Sid was always looked at as more of a playmaker than a goal scorer and then one season he goes and scores 51 goals. Guys with that kind of mentality can achieve whatever they put their minds to and I feel that Bedard has that exact same mindset and then some.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
College draw % has little correlation to coming into the league and ripping them back. Maybe it is a good predictor of your ability to learn but almost no player comes in and wins draws in the NHL as a rookie.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad