Niagara IceDogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Obviously lines/combos/positions are subject to change, but just looking at roster construction:

K. He - Bryant (OA) - Roobroeck
Wassilyn (R) - Czata - Paris
Levin - Galiyanov - Assadourian

Frolov - Vannetten
Podrekar (IMP) - Wycisk
Cheynowski - Import?

Flores
Robertson

Undecided:
Crete (R)
Klein (OA)
Stewart
Podolioukh (OA)
E. He
Dianov
DeWatcher
Frasca (R)
McMahon (R)

No idea who the Centres will be this season. Do we see Roobroeck switch to C? Czata/Assadourian/Wassilyn can play there too. If he's as advertised, Crete is probably good enough to make the team too. Bottom-6 could literally be anyone. D still needs work, would love to see another import D at 12. I can at least see a bright light in the distance...
I think Crete and one of the rookie dmen make the team.

I dont think they'll use an OA spot on Vannetten. They likely try to bring in a better 20 year old dman.

If Flores comes back, I wouldn't be surprised if he's moved by mid-season (perhaps his own condition). I can't see both guys wanting to share the net 50/50.

Wray and Vermeulen likely make the team up front due to need of size and physciality. I could see Assadourian and possibly one of Levin/Paris sent out for picks, to then use toward defensive upgrades.

dkl

Jul 11, 2022
Niagara, Canada
I think Crete and one of the rookie dmen make the team.

I dont think they'll use an OA spot on Vannetten. They likely try to bring in a better 20 year old dman.

If Flores comes back, I wouldn't be surprised if he's moved by mid-season (perhaps his own condition). I can't see both guys wanting to share the net 50/50.

Wray and Vermeulen likely make the team up front due to need of size and physciality. I could see Assadourian and possibly one of Levin/Paris sent out for picks, to then use toward defensive upgrades.
Sorry yes, originally I had Wray and Crete on a 4th line but felt it was too skeptical to even try. Agreed on the Vannetten point, but impossible to speculate who it would even be. Also agreed on the Flores point, he may even get an ECHL deal somewhere and run with that, who knows. I'm not the world's biggest fan of Vermeulen, but they seem to love him so I would not be surprised to see him either. Assadourian definitely feels like the odd one out in the forward group to me.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Went to the rookie game this morning at Seymour Hannah. Wassilyn and Crete played well and look promising early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad