Niagara Ice Dogs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Some of that speed has just left town. Ondreej Machala has quit the team and gone home.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I'm afraid that we have a coaching problem. We have a lot of young talent but the systems can't harness the talent. I would like to see us utilize our speed.

From a distance, the coaching seems pretty good to be >0.500 right now. Lots of speed, yes; but, I really don’t see ‘a lot of young talent’ when compared to Barrie, Ottawa, Oshawa, Sudbury, even Miss or Peterborough ...a lot of re-building / catching up to the west in last 2-3 years.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
From a distance, the coaching seems pretty good to be >0.500 right now. Lots of speed, yes; but, I really don’t see ‘a lot of young talent’ when compared to Barrie, Ottawa, Oshawa, Sudbury, even Miss or Peterborough ...a lot of re-building / catching up to the west in last 2-3 years.
I do not about that

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Carbonara will provide some needed grit and experience maybe gives Thomas,Corneil etc. some extra space. 4th rounder for a career .34pt/G ?

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Looks like he will now have more time for "drywalling". In the past 11 games the IceDogs have just 2 wins, both against North Bay.

Reactions: TheCoach

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I see no suspension on the hit the player he hit was not injured and took a penalty on the play too he might get something for tackling the linesmen.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Looks like another suspension may be coming to Shankar for his head check tonight.

Boy your Dillhon is good! 2 goals on 42 shots, he should have been 1st star in OS tonight. He'
Look good in Attack uny!
Good, hard working team you have.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Looks like another suspension may be coming to Shankar for his head check tonight.

Boy your Dillhon is good! 2 goals on 42 shots, he should have been 1st star in OS tonight. He'
Look good in Attack uny!
Good, hard working team you have.
Maybe but not all head shots get supensions almost won the game in overtime for him but glad to get a point on the road.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Maybe but not all head shots get supensions almost won the game in overtime for him but glad to get a point on the road.

Yes the OHL suspension protocol is different for each infraction, and is often tied to injury
Bourque returned to play.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
IMO it was a borderline headshot. Bourque was crouching/reaching for the puck. However I think the league is trying to send a message that players need to recognize an opponent in a vulnerable position and not make the hit. This could be another example of them trying to make that point.

The 2nd period was fun to watch. Boy teams can skate and move the puck well.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
IMO it was a borderline headshot. Bourque was crouching/reaching for the puck. However I think the league is trying to send a message that players need to recognize an opponent in a vulnerable position and not make the hit. This could be another example of them trying to make that point.

The 2nd period was fun to watch. Boy teams can skate and move the puck well.

From my vantage it was clearly an intentional headshot. Shankar's upper arm was lifted to a horizontal plane, and his elbow made contact with Bourque's jaw . Players need to realize as soon as they lift their shoulder and extend their elbow it will be called no matter what position the other player is in .

This was not a shoulder down and tucked in type of hit.

Thank God Bourque returned, however as we know eith head trauma, who's to say he's not feeling the effects today ?

Shankar will likely sit one game while the league waits on Bourques health report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad