NHL's Best Defensive Defenseman PART 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I get playing it safe with the options but Garrison and Kronwall, really?

Hjalmarsson, add Coburn.

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
I get playing it safe with the options but Garrison and Kronwall, really?

Hjalmarsson, add Coburn.

I tried to have one player for each team (if they were decent, sorry NJD) and I don't watch many Detroit games so I didn't know which player to add, Kronwall or DeKeyser, so I chose both.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Honestly am I the only one who finds this an impossible question to answer? I don't watch most of these players more than 4 times a year, and when I do, I rarely notice them making their defensive plays unless it is one of the exceptionally rare "noticeably good" defensive plays.

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
Vlasic has the best overall metrics. Subban is the best at shutting down star players 1 on 1.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Point of order: Ryan Ellis should be moved to be with the rest of the Predators and former Predators.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
This poll should be closed immediately based on Karlsson having two votes.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It's funny that if this poll was before the Olympics, Vlasic would not be overwhelmingly winning this one. Goes to show how much reputation matters.

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
Isn't Josi bad defensively or atleast below average? I don't watch much Preds games, but can any Preds fan give info on whether he belongs in this poll or not. Thanks in advance!

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Isn't Josi bad defensively or atleast below average? I don't watch much Preds games, but can any Preds fan give info on whether he belongs in this poll or not. Thanks in advance!

Josi is above average defensively overall and still relied on defensive situations now and then. However he is not the go to guy defensively (Ekholm and Subban are, and when he was the go to guy with Weber, they clearly did poorly against their competition, while Ekholm-Ellis destroyed theirs). He is prone to some poor mistakes especially along the boards, and a lot of his risks end up burning him, and the Preds are outchanced and outscored when he's on the ice, but nevertheless he's still above average defensively, but he fits the Karlsson stereotype way more than Karlsson actually does.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
This poll should be closed immediately based on Karlsson having two votes.

Why? It's best defensive defenseman, not most physical defensive defenseman. The most important part of defensive play is moving the puck out of your zone. Karlsson arguably does that better than anyone else.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Why does this same poll happen every several days? How much a week do they change during the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad