NHLPA should Decertify!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joechip

May 29, 2003
Gainesville, Fl
www.sabrerattling.com
Mighty Duck said:
I for one, think players, and I am talking about all the players, not just a select few, would have a fair shot at playing, performance would improve, a plus for the fans, players and owners. I know for a fact, that players have a burr up their bonnet because they are locked into a team until they are 31. The NFL, players become UFA's after their 1st contract. As far as the draft is concerned, it is a dead horse financially, to big a gamble. Don't sign players until they are ready to play, let them sign minor league contracts on their own if they aren't ready. Maybe these players stay in the junior ranks longer. If they are good enough, so be it.

Very nice thoughts on this subject, and it should be a possibility, but, it will never happen. The NHLPA will never give up the power they have. The owners want control of the players as early as possible.

You touch on a point worth noting... the cost associated with young players may be reaching a breaking point in terms of cost/benefit that might get the owners to agree to a loosening of the reins.

Ta,

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
brown vs the NFL - it went to court and the court ruled that a union cannot decertify in order to exempt the anti-trust laws. The ex head of the nba players association was on the fan 590 a couple of weeks ago and covered this topic.

Decertification by the nhlpa is not a viable option.

pacde

Dec 9, 2004
Mighty Duck said:
Are you defining revenue sharing here, buddy, as that would get voted out faster than man dropping his pants after she says yes, I will give you :amazed:

Never mentioned a word about revenues in that blurb. Im suggesting that the league might look at syndication so all their hiring could be done through one mechanism - no more competition for hiring.

Mighty Duck

Jul 6, 2003
Visit site
Steve L said:
On the other hand, no other league has it players more despised by their fans than the NHL.

The only fans that despise players are the fans who are on Bettman's ship, and it may be sinking, so you better grab a life jacket. Maybe more players should be drug addicts, wife beaters, or players who fight the fans in the stands like your NBA does. Then you have your problem players in the MLB, steroids, fighting fans, gambling, etc, oh, but these sports are the American game, we can't include these guys, they are sacred. Get Real!!!!!!!!!! Ask the same question in Canada, and sold out building for the Brad May and Friends Charity Game :joker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad