Speculation: NHL vs. NHLPA..who wins is best for the health of the NHL

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Based on various forums and comments on articles it does seem that 3 out of 4 people are siding with the owners on this one.

CapsCast

Mar 12, 2008
Kind of a loaded question, as owners of teams in the league, of course it would be better for the league if they get a good deal.

IkeaMonkey*

Kind of a loaded question, as owners of teams in the league, of course it would be better for the league if they get a good deal.

Not if the whiney *****es go overseas for a cash grab because the league said, "**** you, you aren't bringing in enough money to make 9 million a year".

That's about as pro-player as I can get...

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Muahaha.

The NHL's self-interest is closer to the mark, albeit in fairly savage form. Their lack of vision is the real problem.

IkeaMonkey*

Troy Brouwer hacked into BTCG's account then hacked into Langway's account, who hacked into the poll.

For shame, NHLPA.

IkeaMonkey*

You know how I know the owners are right here?

Because NBTW says the players are right.

80% of revenue generated in three markets?! Yes, us here in Nashville will gladly pay multiple players 9 million bucks to play here!

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
There is no "in the right." There is only what is and what can be.

The NHL winning is obviously better for the NHL. What's better for hockey? That I don't really know, and honestly don't really care because big change, even were it for the better, would just be uncomfortable.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
There is no "in the right." There is only what is and what can be.

The NHL winning is obviously better for the NHL. What's better for hockey? That I don't really know, and honestly don't really care because big change, even were it for the better, would just be uncomfortable.

Sure there is 'in the right'. In my opinion, the reason this lockout started is the owners' fault, and the players aren't to blame for it. So I consider them 'in the right'.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Sure there is 'in the right'. In my opinion, the reason this lockout started is the owners' fault, and the players aren't to blame for it. So I consider them 'in the right'.

Nah. This lockout started because the players hadn't previously given themselves the leverage to stop/prevent it. If the disclaimer goes through in their favor then that may change.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

On a high level what in your opinion have the owners done to be at blame for the lockout?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

i think bobby mac had it pretty much on the money when he cited how you could predict this lockout. the nfl and nba cba's dropped the players % by significant margins. The NHLPA fell apart in the last cba and the hiring of donald fehr was a clear and undeniable sign that the PA was hiring him to do battle.

The players were going to hold the line against the trend set in the NBA and NFL cba's.

I am not sure how that makes the players right. Bob McKenzie is about as even handed a media writer as I know of in any sport.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
I don't know who is wrong or right but under Buttman there have been 3 lockouts. If Ovie loses more time in his pursuit of the all time goal scoring record then somebody deserves to be horsewhipped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad