NHL used to be (to us Europeans at least) this mythical, magical place you could only dream of, place only the absolute best would get to..

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
For example,.... its so easy to score goals in the NHL that anyone can do it
Its a washed up league which has lost its glory, why?

TECHNOLOGY!

I wish to ban all those hockey sticks that bend, that's not a hockey stick
its more of a rubber toy, what an actual professional athletes tool.

Scoring goals has become a joke (not just in the NHL).
- not against for more goals, i like to see goals
however, not like this

Star players of the yester year at their prime would have scored 100+ goals
with these ridiculous things, imagine putting these sticks to Teemu Selänne' hands
in his 92-93 rookie season.. he could have scored twice the much goals what he did
- or what about Mike Bossy, the greatest goal scorer ever

Maybe i'm slightly exaggerating, but nevertheless.

Yes, skill level is up, speed, whatever,... everything.. (or is it really) but that doesn't delete the fact
about these wonder sticks that makes a pass first playmaker a 50 goal scorer... which shouldn't happen.
- all do respect to lets say Jonathan Marchessault and to his ability to score goals but,
one just won't become a 50 goal scorer at the age of 33-34, when your previous record is 30 and
when you didn't even score 40 as a junior..

ban those stupid bendy "rubber" hockey sticks!

Reactions: MikeyMike01

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Kind of weird thread title...? (I wasn't expecting something about sticks.)

Yes, I dislike the high-tech sticks also. I'd prefer hockey sticks had to be 100% wood. Same with baseball bats. But there are some things that can't go back once exposed.

Reactions: MadLuke

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
e10e20ca81e22318a98167de34394742.jpg

Ishdul

Jan 20, 2007
These sticks were around when scoring was significantly lower. I think you are really exaggerating the effect that this has.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Kind of weird thread title...? (I wasn't expecting something about sticks.)
Was really expecting something about easy Internet access to all the game, highlight, coverage.... Specially with TECHNOLOGY! jumping out at first.

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
The equipment has gotten better, the skates, the sticks, etc. That's really what it comes down to. Look at what happened when they finally(!) clamped down on goalie equipment in 2018 or so, scoring went up. For years since the 1990s we used to hear everyone say "Well, that's the thing the goalies are just TOO good these days." Well, no. It was more about the bloated equipment than the goalies themselves. No one, not Connor McDavid is scoring 150 points in a season in 2014 for example. But he did in 2023.

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
The new sticks really are crazy. I'd encourage anyone who has ever played competitively to try a wood stick for a game, if you can find one. You'll be able to do most things just as well but the weight is noticeable and the release/velocity on a shot is so much faster with a composite. Can't put the genie back in the bottle. Just wish they could figure out how to replicate the feel of a soft wood blade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad