PTO: NHL Training Camp Invites and Rosters

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Larsson and Sorensen have looked pretty good in camp. I hope Bergenheim finds a landing spot. He looked good during his tryout.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Very surprised to see R.Bourque making the Avs roster...

Wait...Anaheim sent down Theodore and Montour?!

And cut Bergenheim, whom I'd been hearing good things about?!

And Korbinian Holzer is still there?! And Mason Raymond! And Jared Boll!

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
So far all the succesful PTOs this year have been players signing ELCs: Alexandre Fortin, Matt Luff, Colby Sissons and now Jalen Smereck.

GLENDALE, ARIZONA - Arizona Coyotes General Manager John Chayka announced today that the Coyotes have signed free agent defenseman Jalen Smereck to an entry-level contract. As per club policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.

The 19-year-old native of Detroit, Michigan has recorded 0-4-4 with two penalty minutes (PIM) and a plus-4 rating in two games with the Flint Firebirds (OHL) to begin the 2016-17 campaign.
https://www.nhl.com/coyotes/news/coyotes-sign-smereck/c-282446640

Booba

Jun 20, 2005

The final roster looks set.

28 players remaining but once you remove Nic Kerdiles (Injured), Nate Thompson (Injured), Clayton Stoner, Dustin Tokarski and Yan Danis, they're down to 23.

It seems that at least two forwards between Joseph Cramarossa, Mike Sgarbossa and Nick Sorensen will start the season in Anaheim.

19-year old defenceman Jacob Larsson also seems to have made the opening night roster.

Last edited:

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Very surprised to see R.Bourque making the Avs roster...

So is basically every Av fan. Pretty much everyone thought it was just MacFarland showing some respect to a former player by giving him an invite. But, he is earning it. 4 points in 4 games, throwing his body around, playing with good effort, even wore a letter.

With us being at only 44 contracts I'm pretty sure we sign both Bourques. Especially with Bigras being sent down and it being much more likely we go with 2 extra forwards instead of Dmen.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
And cut Bergenheim, whom I'd been hearing good things about?!
...And Mason Raymond! And Jared Boll!

Truthfully, signing a PTO with Anaheim was quite the hope and a prayer for anyone.
They don't exactly have the extra space right now, still needing two big RFAs to sign.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Truthfully, signing a PTO with Anaheim was quite the hope and a prayer for anyone.
They don't exactly have the extra space right now, still needing two big RFAs to sign.

Depends how much money the player on a PTO wants (I would imagine that a player in Bergenheim's position wouldn't have too much leverage).

Anaheim could have saved a bit of money by signing Bergenheim to the minimum annual salary and sending someone like Nick Sorensen (800K cap hit) down to the AHL.

Last edited:

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
The final roster looks set.

28 players remaining but once you remove Nic Kerdiles (Injured), Nate Thompson (Injured), Clayton Stoner, Dustin Tokarski and Yan Danis, they're down to 23.

It seems that at least two forwards between Joseph Cramarossa, Mike Sgarbossa and Nick Sorenson will start the season in Anaheim.

19-year old defenceman Julius Larsson also seems to have made the opening night roster.

For anyone like me who's extremely confused right now about the Ducks' roster, those are suppose to read Nick Sorensen and Jacob Larsson.

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
For anyone like me who's extremely confused right now about the Ducks' roster, those are suppose to read Nick Sorensen and Jacob Larsson.

Thank you. I can't keep track of the Larsson's or Larsen's in the NHL or trying to make the NHL anymore.

Jacob Larsson - D Ducks 1st RD Pick 2015.
Adam Larsson - D Traded from NJ to EDM for T.Hall.
Johan Larsson - F Young forward on BUF. Originally drafted by MIN.
Filip Larsson - G drafted by DET in 6th RD 2016.
Philip Larsen - D from Denmark, trying to make the Canucks this year.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Sabres cuts and a recall
Forward Cal O’Reilly and defenseman Taylor Fedun have been loaned to the Rochester Americans (AHL) pending waivers. Defenseman Tyson Strachan has been released from his tryout and will report to Rochester for training camp.
The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has recalled goaltender Linus Ullmark from the Rochester Americans (AHL). The team also announced it has released three players from its training camp roster.
https://sabresdigitalpressbox.com/2016/10/07/sabres-recall-ullmark-assign-three-to-rochester/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad