Rumor: NHL Trade Deadline - Feb 24 3pm/EST

Who is most likely to be traded?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
Trade Lehner for a first round pick or young prospect.Re-sign Crawford three year term for less money ....develop next goalie thru draft or system.Trade Gustafson for pick or prospect.Trade Strome now when his value is sorta high still.I think he is slowly going to regress year by year....his skating...Trade Maatta for picks.Keep Murphy and De Hann to help develop young defenceman in system .Trade Keith only if the return is gonna benefit future.If you trade Strome keep Saad.He is worth his value.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Explore what Saad could bring but no need to sell if the price ain't right.

I'd move Saad if the price is right.
What price is right? Will waiting until next years trade deadline bring a better haul?

To the prospect savvy posters here- can a a combo of Gus and Lehner pry either Rees or Drury from Carolina?

Reactions: KWP

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
@ChiHawks10 carrying this over from your comment in the locked trade thread.

yesterday you said. “Don't think Dach would have any problems doing the heavy lifting on that line.”

Do you think he could handle centering DeBrincat and Kane? That may be the best thing for DeBrincat going forward if he could work with Kane.

Then maybe a Kubalik-Toews-Saad “second” line?

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
@ChiHawks10 carrying this over from your comment in the locked trade thread.

yesterday you said. “Don't think Dach would have any problems doing the heavy lifting on that line.”

Do you think he could handle centering DeBrincat and Kane? That may be the best thing for DeBrincat going forward if he could work with Kane.

Then maybe a Kubalik-Toews-Saad “second” line?

Eventually yes, it makes perfect sense but right now I think it is too much to ask of Dach. Now, if 12 and 88 could commit to defence like they do offence it could work but that's a huge IF.... which is a problem throughout Hawks line-up (I.E. too few players willing to play a complete game). The country club is alive - too many collecting their paycheques, simply unwilling to sacrifice their bodies.
Hawks are in dire need of character players and a tougher coach.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Eventually yes, it makes perfect sense but right now I think it is too much to ask of Dach. Now, if 12 and 88 could commit to defence like they do offence it could work but that's a huge IF.... which is a problem throughout Hawks line-up (I.E. too few players willing to play a complete game). The country club is alive - too many collecting their paycheques, simply unwilling to sacrifice their bodies.
Hawks are in dire need of character players and a tougher coach.

I agree. Going forward, this is probably one of the big things that needs to happen in order for this team to compete again.

A DeBrincat-Dach-Kane top line that at least has the wings playing average defense should be a real problem for teams. Then you back that up with a monster 1B line of Kubalik-Toews-Saad

Then a third line anchored by Strome (assuming he sticks around)

Or you could split your 1B and second line and do Kubalik-Toews-grinder (Caggiula or Quenneville) and Saad-Strome-grinder w/speed

Add that to a defensive core that will be anchored by Boqvist, and that team should be competitive over the next few years.

Also, Zawaski mentioned today that numbers are showing Keith starting to slow down of late. Maybe we try Maatta with Boqvist and move Keith more to a second pairing role to ease his work load? Maatta was part of two cup champions while playing that role on the first pair for Letang, he has proven he can be a first-pairing safety net for a championship team.

That's a lot of stream of consciousness rambling, but I think that's my vision for this team going forward.

DeBrincat-Dach-Kane
Kubalik-Toews-Caggiula/Quenneville/new grinder
Saad-Strome-Caggiula/Shaw/new grinder with speed
4th line

Maatta-Boqvist
Keith-Murphy (shutdown pair)
De Haan-Mitchell

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Did he say the sample size and by what metrics? If it's after the break I bet a lot of guys numbers look bad.

He did mention that a lot of the guys have gone down, but Keith at a much bigger rate. I'll need to go back and listen again for the specifics he's citing, but I do know he acknowledged what you're saying.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Who says no? Evaluating your Blackhawks trade proposals as...

Horrible proposals for the most part, yikes.

But, I like the Strome + Nylander for Manson trade. Not to get Manson but to then flip him to Vegas for Tuch.

Or whoever instead of Manson. But id love this.

Tuch, Meier, Josh Anderson... These are the guys we should try to retool with instead of selling of all our players. UFAs who we don't intend to re-sign are the only ones we should sell imo.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Who says no? Evaluating your Blackhawks trade proposals as...

Horrible proposals for the most part, yikes.

But, I like the Strome + Nylander for Manson trade. Not to get Manson but to then flip him to Vegas for Tuch.

Or whoever instead of Manson. But id love this.

Tuch, Meier, Josh Anderson... These are the guys we should try to retool with instead of selling of all our players. UFAs who we don't intend to re-sign are the only ones we should sell imo.

What are the deals?

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
What are the deals?

1. Gus and Kampf for Eakin, 2020 1st, 21 2dn opt.
2. DeBrincat to anyone
3. Gus for Ho-Sang
4. Gus and Nylander for Kapanen + 2nd
5. Strome to Boston for 2nd and 4th
6. Saad for Gagner, Samorukov, 20 2nd, 21 2nd
7. Nylander for Pulju
8. Murphy for Kapanen
9. Gus to a 'contender' for 1st and 2nd
10. Saad for Pulju + 2nd (lmfao)
11. Sikura + 4th for Kovy
12. Lehner and Sikura for 20 1st, Bean or Bokk, 21 2nd (this ones cool but no way it happens)
13. Keith for Matheson, 2nd, 3rd
14. Gus for Foegele
15. Strome + Nylander for Manson
16. Nylander for Jokiharju (joint article so obviously this was coming from Lazerus)

Id feel bad for posting essentially their whole article for free but this is horseshit. I was searching for a puke emoji after most lines. Ok fans sent it in, but come on.

9, and 14 are the only ones i like.

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
1. Gus and Kampf for Eakin, 2020 1st, 21 2dn opt.
2. DeBrincat to anyone
3. Gus for Ho-Sang
4. Gus and Nylander for Kapanen + 2nd
5. Strome to Boston for 2nd and 4th
6. Saad for Gagner, Samorukov, 20 2nd, 21 2nd
7. Nylander for Pulju
8. Murphy for Kapanen
9. Gus to a 'contender' for 1st and 2nd
10. Saad for Pulju + 2nd (lmfao)
11. Sikura + 4th for Kovy
12. Lehner and Sikura for 20 1st, Bean or Bokk, 21 2nd (this ones cool but no way it happens)
13. Keith for Matheson, 2nd, 3rd
14. Gus for Foegele
15. Strome + Nylander for Manson
16. Nylander for Jokiharju (joint article so obviously this was coming from Lazerus)

Id feel bad for posting essentially their whole article for free but this is horse****. I was searching for a puke emoji after most lines. Ok fans sent it in, but come on.

9, and 14 are the only ones i like.

I’d do Nylander for Jokiharju :sarcasm:

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Overhaul this roster and be aggressive at the TDL:

Strome, Sikura, and Gustafsson to MTL for Domi
Murphy and Nylander to TOR for Kapanen
Lehner 50% retained to CAR for Reimer, Kochetkov and a 1st TOR
Pick up Bogosian off waivers for the year
Sign and call up Mitchell as soon as his season is over
Draft Holtz and Quinn with 2 first-round picks
Take your pick of Gallant, Boudreau

Line Up for the rest of the season:

Kubalik-Toews-Kane
Debrincat-Dach-Saad
Caggiula-Domi-Kapanen
Smith-Carpenter-Kampf
Highmore

Keith-Boqvist
Maata-Bogosian
Koekkoek-Mitchell
Seeler

Crawford
Reimer

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Overhaul this roster and be aggressive at the TDL:

Strome, Sikura, and Gustafsson to MTL for Domi
Murphy and Nylander to TOR for Kapanen
Lehner 50% retained to CAR for Reimer, Kochetkov and a 1st TOR
Pick up Bogosian off waivers for the year
Sign and call up Mitchell as soon as his season is over
Draft Holtz and Quinn with 2 first-round picks
Take your pick of Gallant, Boudreau

Line Up for the rest of the season:

Kubalik-Toews-Kane
Debrincat-Dach-Saad
Caggiula-Domi-Kapanen
Smith-Carpenter-Kampf
Highmore

Keith-Boqvist
Maata-Bogosian
Koekkoek-Mitchell
Seeler

Crawford
Reimer
Murphy + Nylander for Kap is absolutely horrible for the hawks. Why?

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Murphy + Nylander for Kap is absolutely horrible for the hawks. Why?

TOR needs defense right now. Nylander is not working out. Kapanen is 23 years old, $3.2M cap hit and averages 20 goals or 40-50 pts a year. Hawks are currently paying Saad to do the same thing for $6M.

Domi is a huge upgrade over Strome in terms of speed, toughness, and grit. Gustafsson is a disaster in the D zone and Sikura it not gonna cut it.

Bogosian is a free pick up on an expiring contract. If CHI trades Murphy they will need an NHL defenseman and he won't cost the Hawks anything.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Domi is a huge upgrade over Strome in terms of speed, toughness, and grit. Gustafsson is a disaster in the D zone and Sikura it not gonna cut it.

Domi makes sense. Would be a nice trade to get Domi for Strome+ (Not Beaudin though).

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
TOR needs defense right now. Nylander is not working out. Kapanen is 23 years old, $3.2M cap hit and averages 20 goals or 40-50 pts a year. Hawks are currently paying Saad to do the same thing for $6M.

Bogosian is a free pick up on an expiring contract. If CHI trades Murphy they will need an NHL defenseman and he won't cost the Hawks anything.

Bogosian sucks ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad