League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Phone sent my response to fast.

what exactly do you think a deal would need to look like, to get your boy here?

so what’s the trade, maestro? (And please don’t give me the p***yfoot response — “I don’t know, that’s for the GM to figure out!!”)
Definitely a 1st+someone of their recent 1st rounders (Alexeev probably)+Jensen as a cap dump. No less than that for sure, chief.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
:laugh:

They need to get a guy who can put a puck in the back of the net though for real.

Also this loyalty thing teams (GM's) have with coaches and players is stupid. Has Lamarillo actually watched Greene play hockey the last couple of seasons? There is no way they don't have a kid in Bridgeport who is 80% better than him.

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
an AHL player being 80% better than an NHL player means the NHL guy clearly doesn't belong in the league. Andy Greene is still an NHL player.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Zucker got a 1st, Galchenyuk, and a top defensive prospect.
Andy Greene got a 2nd + meh prospect.
Blake Coleman got a 2020 1st + 27OA from 2019.

Only Greene is a pure rental but those prices are steep. Very steep.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
I'd have probably traded that much for Coleman.

Perfect deadline acquisition, doesn't need to be integrated into a team's primary offense like Hall but superchargers their bottom 6 and PK. Long term acquistion too. I can see him doing what Eller did in 2018 but even better.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Our boys are long-shot Cup contenders at this point. Coleman is a beast, and will help Tampa considerably this spring.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
an AHL player being 80% better than an NHL player means the NHL guy clearly doesn't belong in the league. Andy Greene is still an NHL player.
Bridgeport? 80%? Lol....

We will see who is playing come playoff time.

Leddy, Boychuk, Pulock, Mayfield, Dobson, Toews or Greene. Defense is 100% not the Isles issue.

p.s. I know Trotz will play Greene, that's the kind of coach he is, won't mean it will be correct.

Last edited:

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Our boys are long-shot Cup contenders at this point. Coleman is a beast, and will help Tampa considerably this spring.
JT Miller who they had last season is also pretty good, arguably better than Coleman, as we’re seeing this year in an increased role.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Man if the Devils play this correctly they can really help their team in what is considered a deep draft at 1-10:

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 8.15.37 PM.png

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
We will see who is playing come playoff time.

Leddy, Boychuk, Pulock, Mayfield, Dobson, Toews or Greene. Defense is 100% not the Isles issue.

p.s. I know Trotz will play Greene, that's the kind of coach he is, won't mean it will be correct.

Depth is good. No?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It's a seller's market but I think the Greene price was a bit special since it was Lou adding him and he'd wanted him for a while. Tampa still needs another D probably. Now Boston will need to respond.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Tampa vs Boston in Round Two is going to be must-see TV. I imagine the NHL's dream is a second round featuring Boston/Tampa and Pittsburgh/Washington. The upsets were fun last year but Boston/Columbus and Carolina/NYI... yawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad