Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
except nobody heard anyone talking about being really offended personally by what he said. Tappen came out with some sort of statement that looked more like NBC PR stuff. Nobody releases a public statement in which you admit you're good friends with the person you're calling out. Doesn't really strikes me as words from offended person. Anything else is assumptions and gossiping by people like Whitney that JR was stirring some **** behind the scenes.

If there is any assumptions going on here, its by YOU that KT's statement was written by someone other than KT herself. I find it much less credible that NBC's PR or legal team wrote "JR and I remain good friends" rather than those being KTs words. You have zero evidence whatsoever that she didn't write her statement, only speculation/assumptions to fit your world view.

KTs post specifically stated his comments were inappropriate and she did not condone them. How is that not being offended?

Reactions: Hivemind

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
LOL, JR doesn't have the right to punch anyone in the face, that's absurd. And you can't get sued for libel or slander if what you say is the truth. Also, NBC has a large and ugly history of having employed men who are accused or found to have sexually harassed their co-workers, so one could expect them to err on the side of caution in that regard.

But the bottom line is, NBC could very easily have fired him because he wasn't very good at his job, people didn't miss him on the broadcast and their ratings showed no drop without him. In other words, he was easy to replace with anyone else who could utter a complete sentence, but without the harassment baggage that JR has. Go to the main board thread on this. Half the posters say he sucked, zero of them say he was "good" or "I liked his bits".

JR is a bonehead and is paying the price for it, but I’m not buying he sucks at his job.

While I’m no “fan” of his, he’s no better/worse than anyone else in his role IMO and certainly has decent insight at times.

Referencing the Main Boards as some valid “indicator”.....lol.....you should know better! ;)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If there is any assumptions going on here, its by YOU that KT's statement was written by someone other than KT herself. I find it much less credible that NBC's PR or legal team wrote "JR and I remain good friends" rather than those being KTs words. You have zero evidence whatsoever that she didn't write her statement, only speculation/assumptions to fit your world view.

KTs post specifically stated his comments were inappropriate and she did not condone them. How is that not being offended?

What’s she supposed to do though?

Even if she wasn’t offended (and I think she was on a professional level, even if only a little bit) she couldn’t tell the truth and just say “no harm no foul” and slap every woman and feminist in the face and watch the outcry rage on.

...and maybe NBC didn’t write it but rest assured her statement was reviewed/edited/approved at a minimum by someone higher up than her. Too big of an issue to not assume Legal wasn’t involved in the crafting of a public statement where workplace harassment is involved.

Back to the peanut gallery for me....sorry for the daily Melkor debate interruption. :D

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Anything else is assumptions and gossiping by people like Whitney that JR was stirring some **** behind the scenes.
I’ll go through this again. Whitney stated that JR had some prior run ins with NBC before the KT podcast episode. He said the KT comments added more fuel to the fire for NBC to let JR go. He never said JR was stirring the pot behind the scenes. You assumed that part

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand

That's just your perspective that you find my opinion far less credible than yours lol. It's assumption about opinions, pal. You rate yours higher and think it's truer than mine :laugh: and it's alright. It turns out that everyone here is assuming about everything. Cool. Moving on from that.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I’ll go through this again. Whitney stated that JR had some prior run ins with NBC before the KT podcast episode. He said the KT comments added more fuel to the fire for NBC to let JR go. He never said JR was stirring the pot behind the scenes. You assumed that part
What exactly did he mean by his words then? If you talking about this stuff on a public podcast you better elaborate otherwise you're just a blabber.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
What exactly did he mean by his words then? If you talking about this stuff on a public podcast you better elaborate otherwise you're just a blabber.
I don’t know because I’m not Ryan Whitney and I have no clue what those incidents were. I’d assume they were brought up to calm the crowd of angry people like yourself that think the only reason he was canned was for his KT comments. I would trust that Whitney wouldn’t just bring them up randomly with no credible evidence. He’s well connected through ex players and media personalities and I’m sure they all talk about it.

It’s like how Biz knows more about the Jim Montgomery firing through his connections but wouldn’t air that dirty laundry publicly

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The NHL Olympics debate is a sham — ESPN

It's become abundantly clear that Olympic participation is nothing more than a collective bargaining chip for the NHL.

We started to see the cracks in the façade back in 2016, when the NHL offered its players the chance to compete in the Pyeongchang Games in exchange for an extension of the current CBA, which expires on Sept. 15, 2022. The players laughed that off. "All of a sudden they don't mind having a two-week break in the NHL for a three-year collective bargaining agreement," Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic viciously said at the time.

Now, we see the endgame even more clearly. The NHL believes that Olympic participation in February 2022 is inexorably tied to a CBA that expires in September 2022.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

I do believe it is possible to not believe words spoken/written are appropriate and to not condone them in any way while also not being personally offended by them.

I feel that most actual adults in today’s climate do this many times a day.

Reactions: Raikkonen

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I do believe it is possible to not believe words spoken/written are appropriate and to not condone them in any way while also not being personally offended by them.

I feel that most actual adults in today’s climate do this many times a day.

In today's climate when something inappropriate is done we say, "whatever" and the inappropriate behavior continues and escalates because its being normalized. Customers and partners can roll their eyes and just not buy your product anymore. The NHL is about selling product

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
In today's climate when something inappropriate is done we say, "whatever" and the inappropriate behavior continues and escalates because its being normalized. Customers and partners can roll their eyes and just not buy your product anymore. The NHL is about selling product

I’m simply saying that most people aren’t personally offended by every ‘inappropriate’ comment and IMO that is a good thing.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I’m simply saying that most people aren’t personally offended by every ‘inappropriate’ comment and IMO that is a good thing.

Every? That's true. The NHL is about selling product. They want to sell their product. They need to sell the products of their partners and the advertisers of the television partners. When their partners say they don't want any association with that behavior the decision is easy

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Every? That's true. The NHL is about selling product. They want to sell their product. They need to sell the products of their partners and the advertisers of the television partners. When their partners say they don't want any association with that behavior the decision is easy

Shockingly we are talking about 2 completely different things...

My original response on this was concerning even though her prepared statement said the comments were inappropriate and that she did not condone them whether Tappen was actually personally offended by them.

And yes I think the ability to acknowledge that something done or said may be inappropriate while simultaneously choosing not to be offended by it is a very good thing.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Big night for ex-Caps. In addition to strong performances from Bura and Grubby, Zach Sanford gets 4 goals for the Blues against VGK, and Nate Schmidt pots a game-tying goal in the 3rd

Reactions: Hivemind

Jun 15, 2007
When I look at the Wild roster, they are exactly where I expect them to be in the standings.

Reactions: Heath
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad