League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Post-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004

Interesting comp with Oshie, Landeskog is younger than Oshie was but has more mileage. Cap was $75M then.

Sep 19, 2008
TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie reports that though deals can't be signed until Noon ET, several appear to be ready and waiting for that time.

While not fully guaranteed, McKenzie expects to see the following moves on Wednesday:

Ryan Suter to the Dallas Stars
Zach Parise to the New York Islanders
Michael Bunting to the Toronto Maple Leafs
David Savard to the Montreal Canadiens
Jaden Schwartz to the Seattle Kraken
Tony DeAngelo to the Carolina Hurricanes
Jaroslav Halak and Luke Schenn to the Vancouver Canucks
Jake McCabe to the Chicago Blackhawks
Andrew Cogliano to the San Jose Sharks
Zach Hyman to the Edmonton Oilers
David Rittich to the Nashville Predators

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
So not only is the expansion draft ruined now the free agent frenzy too? Boring.

Not that the free agent frenzy is that exciting in regards to Caps but i do enjoy watching other teams building their cap hell.

Reactions: searle

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond

i swear the rangers fanbase is convinced every prospect and 1st rounder they get is a can't miss superstar. Imagine getting Jack Eichel and a mid first round defenseman is the hold up.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Oilers already had first-hand experience with Justin Schultz, so presumably they were never in the running.
I was banking on that like Barrie he's a RD and will be cheaper than resigning Barrie as the Oilers have Nurse, Bear and Russell contracts coming up next year.

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
I was reading and I just found this out

Ex-Rangers player Tony DeAngelo bares soul in interview

>the MAGA supporter who seven years earlier as an 18-year-old had been suspended by both the Ontario Hockey League and his Sarnia team for violating the league’s harassment, abuse and diversity policy. Not that it makes this any less heinous in nature, but The Post has learned that the slur he directed at a Caucasian teammate was ethnic in nature, not related to race.

So it wasn't a black teammate and it wasn't the n-word.

Being of Italian descent I can see how he might not consider ethnic slurs against white people like Italians, Poles, Irish, etc are a big deal.

I don't know, this entire time I thought he was like a KKK level racist when he might just be an edgelord.
Yeah -- sounds like the typical problem-with-authority-says-things-to-be-generally-offensive profile. Not that that's good, but these are two different things entirely.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'm now wondering if Francis not only over played his hand at the draft, but did he burn bridges too with the other GMs and they are reluctant to deal with him? He has hardly done any sorts of moves since then. He still has all his cap space. Unless he's going for all the Free Agents.

I’m starting to think Francis has CTE….at times, looks like a deer in the headlights….

Reactions: tenken00

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Imagine if Francis had been in on Ghost / Ladd trades and got a bunch of second round picks.

it sounds like they were probably approached and he demanded too much.

they also should have cornered the market on RHD and sold them to the highest bidder

Reactions: Hivemind

JustAnotherHockeyFan

Jul 28, 2021
Imagine if Francis had been in on Ghost / Ladd trades and got a bunch of second round picks.

it sounds like they were probably approached and he demanded too much.

they also should have cornered the market on RHD and sold them to the highest bidder

Dillon too. In fact they could have probably gotten more if they combine their leverage at not taking other players

Ladd for 2 2nds + 3rd -> Could have probably taken Ladd and Hickey/Komarov and got a 1st and a 2nd
Gostisbehere for 2nd and 7th -> Philly wanted Tarasenko for Voracek as well, could have combined them for 1sts, if not still a 2nd
Stralman for a 2nd and a prospect who looks to be late 1st quality
Dillon for 2 2nds
Bean for 2nd
Johnson for 2nd and LTIR contract - could have probably got Tampa's 1st for sending nothing back, LTIR messes with the cap and money is money.
Plus a litany of other contracts that teams could easily pay to move - Neal, Koskinen, Okposo, Yandle

Seattle left an obscene amount of picks on the table, and half these players could still contribute under a change of scenery (Ghost, Johnson, Stralman) and then be flipped for more

Last edited:

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Lightning resign Brayden Point for 8 years at 9.5 starting next season. They'll have to move Stamkos or buy him out come this time next year.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Jaskin seems like a classic sign-and-flip at the deadline for Arizona. Smart move for them.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
They removed my comment on the DeAngelo thread about how Carolina has no problem throwing character and morals out the window to try and win. How do you sign a guy who's expressed racist and homophobic remarks in a league who's slogan is "hockey is for everyone".

Last edited:

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
They removed my comment on the DeAngelo thread about how Carolina has no problem throwing character and morals out the window to try and win. How do you sign a guy who's expressed racist and homophobic remarks in a league who's slogan is "hockey is for everyone".
Because their hot garbage organization was able to coin a phrase meant to try to humble them and now anything they do that is shitty is just a cause for them to print more t-shirts, win win.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Lightning resign Brayden Point for 8 years at 9.5 starting next season. They'll have to move Stamkos or buy him out come this time next year.
Stamkos has a full NMC and declined to waive it when approached last year, so trading him seems out of the question. Palat’s a UFA after this year, so I’d have thought they’d just reallocate his money to Point. Otherwise there are guys like Killorn or McDonagh you could move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad