League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
It was the set when he played for the Avs. 560 set by Lefevre in White, Blue and Black.
Ah yes - he went to the Avs after being left in for 10 goals when he was with the Habs and he said he'd never play for them again!! Good times!

Edit: 9 goals. And mostly good times because I was 30 years younger when it happened. I'd like those years back!

Last edited:

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Ah yes - he went to the Avs after being left in for 10 goals when he was with the Habs and he said he'd never play for them again!! Good times!

Edit: 9 goals. And mostly good times because I was 30 years younger when it happened. I'd like those years back!
Mario Tromblay was a dumb coach! Why would you leave your star goalie in for 9 goals. Roy won the Conn Smythe 3 times in the playoffs. He had the last laugh winning 2 more Cups after walking out on the Habs.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Kings had the 2nd best PK during the regular season. In this game the Kings on the PK just sitting too soft and an easy tap-in goal. 4-0 Oilers and it could get worse in this game. Kings look like they weren't ready to start this game. I would take Talbot out and put Rittich in to change things up a bit. Let Talbot rest and have a chance to bounce back in Game 2.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Kings are so poorly designed, if they don't score first they have a hard time coming back and winning games. Even when they have leads, they sit on it instead continue attacking to score more goals. Just like the Caps, the Kings play to not lose games instead of playing to win games.

Reactions: PlushMinus

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Mario Tromblay was a dumb coach! Why would you leave your star goalie in for 9 goals. Roy won the Conn Smythe 3 times in the playoffs. He had the last laugh winning 2 more Cups after walking out on the Habs.
Oh you will need to go and look up Patrick Roy Mario Tremblay to get the backstory.

Seems Roy and Tremblay couldn't stand each other and by the time Tremblay got the coaching job they were already close to getting into fistfights with each other. Tremblay left him in net on purpose to piss him off.

The whole thing is pretty funny.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Oh you will need to go and look up Patrick Roy Mario Tremblay to get the backstory.

Seems Roy and Tremblay couldn't stand each other and by the time Tremblay got the coaching job they were already close to getting into fistfights with each other. Tremblay left him in net on purpose to piss him off.

The whole thing is pretty funny.
If I was Roy I would have walked out on the Habs as well! They haven't been much relevant reaching and winning Cups since Roy in '93. The exception was Carey Price carrying the team on his back in '21, only to be terribly over matched against the Bolts!

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
If I was Roy I would have walked out on the Habs as well! They haven't been much relevant reaching and winning Cups since Roy in '93. The exception was Carey Price carrying the team on his back in '21, only to be terribly over matched against the Bolts!
I grew up when the Habs were considered the Holy Grail of hockey teams. It's been 30 years (way more really) since they were that. The greatness of Les Montreal Canadiens is almost forgotten now

Reactions: YippieKaey

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Haha omg the Isles are dogshit. I urge you all to watch the highlights of game 2 against the Canes.

Let's all remember: the Isles were expected to make the playoffs, they barely scraped in, and they are getting owned the Canes.

I just hope we don't look this stupid in our series.....

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I think the Ruff hiring is so baffling because it is so damn early in the hiring cycle. There’s so much that could happen in the next month or two.

I also think it’s crazy if Nelson doesn’t get another look elsewhere. Two straight incredible seasons should have him in consideration for some NHL jobs

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Haha omg the Isles are dogshit. I urge you all to watch the highlights of game 2 against the Canes.

Let's all remember: the Isles were expected to make the playoffs, they barely scraped in, and they are getting owned the Canes.

I just hope we don't look this stupid in our series.....
Happen to catch that collapse live. Also the end of the 2nd period I was getting vibes from that Montreal Halak series with the amount of pressure they were putting on the Islanders. The only difference is the Canes goalie wouldn't give up a softie goal like that series.

Reactions: PlushMinus

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Islanders were 81-0 before yesterday when having a 3 goal lead in a playoff game! I remember in a Monday Night NFL game years back between the Cowboys/Redskins, Bill Parcel was 77-0 when leading in the 4th quarter. Cowboys were up 13-0 in the game and Mark Brunell throws 2 desperate bombs to Santana Moss(I think both plays were on 4th and long) for TD. Redskins won 14-13 with Joe Gibbs 2nd time around. Records winning streaks like that eventually get broken.

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
McDavid with 5 assists. Insane.

And what about Stone in Vegas. "Injured" then scores in R1G1 just after 83 seconds :laugh:

Lindy in Buffalo. NHL seems to recycle their 40 NHL coaches for the 32 teams. :facepalm:
Kucherov salary cap circumvention effect all over again. The NHL is a private business and break their own rules as they please. Yes its a big loophole in Collective Bargaining Agreement for the Salary Cap that was agreed by the Players Union. They won't special address it till too many teams take advantage of it. I'm pretty sure if Ted/Dick/BMac tried to do it, they would be penalized heavily to be made an example of.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Demko injured. This is good news for the Preds.
Verhaeghe is clutch.

I turned it off when Hextall started talking.
Yes she's awful.

I hope the Panthers make it to the final. I think I'd rather see the Avs win another Cup though.

Watched Edmonton highlights and they are a machine. Holy crap they looked dominant. Admittedly the Kings have fallen apart but even so the Oilers were just scoring at will.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Vancouver coach Rick Tocchet, on Demko being injured and Casey DeSmith having to start:

"We don't need him to be spectacular, we just need him to be Casey"

1713930602021.png

Message received! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad