News Article: NHL Players headed to the Beijing 2022 Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
2 for sure. Any more would probably be a bit of surprise.

Good to see though. Sad not seeing them the last time.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
There's a chance for an outbreak playing in the NHL as there are playing in the Olympics. What's the big deal?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
2 for sure. Any more would probably be a bit of surprise.

Good to see though. Sad not seeing them the last time.
Locks: McDavid, Draisaitl

Good chance: Nurse

50/50: Pulju

Darkhorses: Samorukov, Hyman, Smith

Last edited:
Reactions: brentashton

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Locks: McDavid, Draisaitl

Good chance: Nurse

Darkhorses: Samorukov, Hyman, Smith

I basically forgot any non-canadian and Draisaitl...

I think the forwards are going to be tough to break for Hyman. Canada is better than when they took Kunitz for Crosby haha.

I haven't seen a lot of Nurse projections on projected teams, likely due to his defensive issues, but if he has a good year he has a good chance.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I basically forgot any non-canadian and Draisaitl...

I think the forwards are going to be tough to break for Hyman. Canada is better than when they took Kunitz for Crosby haha.

I haven't seen a lot of Nurse projections on projected teams, likely due to his defensive issues, but if he has a good year he has a good chance.
I also forgot Pulju lol.

Hyman will only get in if he has a great season and shows chemistry with McDavid. But there is a chance it could happen, especially if Holland and Lowe are part of the management team again.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Great news. Really looking forward to seeing McDavid and Draisaitl in an international best on best tournament. Although it looks like there's still a chance the NHL/NHLPA could pull out of the Olympics due to Covid.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Awesome! Who can we realistically expect to play from the Oilers?

McDavid and Draisaitl are locks of course.

I think Nurse is a virtual lock, but there are great Dmen to pick from for team Canada.

Maybe with a hot start, Puljujarvi could play.

Also, I mentioned this in another thread: Team Canada doesn't just pick the best players. They pick role players and chunks from teams. If Hyman gels with McDavid, they may pick Hyman, similar to Kunitz going with Crosby in the past. That could be a reason to pick Nurse over some others as well.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
idgaf about Olympic hockey generally, especially when it's on another continent and the games are on at weird times, but I am excited to see McDavid and Nurse on Team Canada.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Lfg! Can't wait to see McDavid, Crosby, Mackinnon on the same team
Imagine those 3 on the ice at the same time. It would be the line to end all lines. :amazed:

This is great news! I'm pumped for this! I don't pay any attention to the summer Olympics but I do find the winter ones to be quite entertaining, especially the ice hockey.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
I think Nurse will make it because he is good and because Holland is part of management group and he doesn’t have to much competition on the left. Has to beat out one of Theodore, Chabot, Chychrun

I think nurses skating makes him an ideal large ice defenceman as well

Reactions: Mr Positive

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I am not sold this will happen.

As of right the IT support that Canada takes to all the games have been told it will be remote. The members of both Swedish and Finish delegation who go to all the games have not been the green light to organize their trips.

I think the games will go ahead, but either only chinese in the stands or no fans in the stands. A lot can happen in 5 months. But both times I had to get a chinese Visa for business it took me nearly 3 months to get.

The chinese like doing full background checks on people spending more than a few days in their country.

China does issue 24 to 48 transit visas if you are changing planes and stuff

Last time I was there was in 2017

Reactions: oilers'72

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I am not sold this will happen.

As of right the IT support that Canada takes to all the games have been told it will be remote. The members of both Swedish and Finish delegation who go to all the games have not been the green light to organize their trips.

I think the games will go ahead, but either only chinese in the stands or no fans in the stands. A lot can happen in 5 months. But both times I had to get a chinese Visa for business it took me nearly 3 months to get.

The chinese like doing full background checks on people spending more than a few days in their country.

China does issue 24 to 48 transit visas if you are changing planes and stuff

Last time I was there was in 2017

You realize it's going to be 1000 times easier for an Olympic athlete to get a VISA compared to a regular tourist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad