NHL Orgs you would NOT swap out with LAK org

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Utah has actually kept their prospects, still has draft picks up the wazoo and has a ton of cap space. I’d swap rosters with them in a heartbeat.

The only thing the current Kings have over them is having a logo and colors, and thanks to Luc that’s barely an advantage as is.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Utah has actually kept their prospects, still has draft picks up the wazoo and has a ton of cap space. I’d swap rosters with them in a heartbeat.

The only thing the current Kings have over them is having a logo and colors, and thanks to Luc that’s barely an advantage as is.
IWe can keep the logo.. just front office, roster and pipeline.. basically my point is, the Kings org is probably 28th out of 32 in terms of ability to get back to the cup... thats how bad it is. We can only come up with 3 or 4 teams we wouldnt swap with.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I mean at worse we will be making a lateral move if we switch with Buffalo. I can’t think of a franchise that I feel worse about than the Kings. Not even the Senators since they’re poor and they suck. Kings are bloated as f*** and suck.

• Haha
Reactions: AbsentMojo

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
CBJ
Calgary
Ottawa
Buffalo
Montreal
Vancouver
Are absolutely nots
----
Nashville
St Louis
are lateral, I just absolutely hate blackholing
To me, blackhole are in the worst shape... so making the 1st round and faliing to proceed to me is probably the definition of it... but its still you have assess, the front office, the roster, and the pipeline... its pretty complicated and I just did it on my gut... Buffalo and Vancouver seem much better off than the Kings.. whats your rationale for those 2?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
To me, blackhole are in the worst shape... so making the 1st round and faliing to proceed to me is probably the definition of it... but its still you have assess, the front office, the roster, and the pipeline... its pretty complicated and I just did it on my gut... Buffalo and Vancouver seem much better off than the Kings.. whats your rationale for those 2?

You're probably right on Buffalo. They've got a solid pipeline...but everything else is currently a mess, but it's probably fixable with better leadership

What does Vancouver have that the Kings don't? They've got much better coaching, but otherwise theyr'e also an aging team that's never healthy, never performing to capabilities, and had everything go right this year and still didn't do much, with no real help on the way and key players likely departing. Edit: i guess for van you can say they have a 1c-1d-1g and can just build around that. But I don't find them to be in a much better spot and thye've typically had middling ownership and management. Not sure I'd 'want' to have that any more than the Kings, they're no closer to a championship OR a rebuild imo.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
You're probably right on Buffalo. They've got a solid pipeline...but everything else is currently a mess, but it's probably fixable with better leadership

What does Vancouver have that the Kings don't? They've got much better coaching, but otherwise theyr'e also an aging team that's never healthy, never performing to capabilities, and had everything go right this year and still didn't do much, with no real help on the way and key players likely departing. Edit: i guess for van you can say they have a 1c-1d-1g and can just build around that. But I don't find them to be in a much better spot and thye've typically had middling ownership and management. Not sure I'd 'want' to have that any more than the Kings, they're no closer to a championship OR a rebuild imo.
Got it re Van. Well I do think they seem better on paper with the having the middle core be top 10 in the league.. and JT Miller and a few other pieces seem good. But since Petter didnt perform and Demko was injured takes some of that lustre away. I dont know squat about the GM Allvin.. but he cant be worse than Blake.. nor could their president.. so therefore, they get the nod over LAK in my book.. but its a close call.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
For sure I wouldn't want to be Calgary.

I think Utah and Buffalo are finally in somewhat enviable positions.

If you think about it, Edmonton might be in a pretty terrible spot. Drai a UFA after next season, McDavid only two more years.

Pittsburgh is probably driving on a bridge to nowhere.

Boston also looks to have a pretty shitty future. No prospects. No picks. Mediocre team.

Even though Ottawa has some excellent young players, I would never want to be them. What a dull franchise.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Taking into account front office, roster, and pipeline - what NHL orgs would you not swap with the Kings?

Columbus
Calgary
NYI

I think AZ move to Utah takes off my list

The Islanders new ownership had a goal in mind when they hired Lou. They wanted a winning team for the new arena they were building. He took over a franchise that had just missed the playoffs the previous two seasons and had lost their franchise center in Tavares to free agency. They went on to win 6 playoff rounds and only missed the playoffs once since he took over. For comparison, Bluc have won 0 playoff rounds and missed the playoffs 3 times. I'm not sure why you would think that a franchise that has recently made the conference finals is below us.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
At this exact moment I’d probably list

Absolutely not
Montreal
Calgary
Buffalo
Philadelphia
Columbus
Washington
Ottawa

I feel lateral moves
Minnesota
Pittsburgh
Detroit
St Louis
New York Islanders

And I’m torn on New Jersey. They should be better but they just can’t seem to get there so I can’t debate if it’s a lateral move or an absolutely not.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
aren’t the Kings one of the only three teams in the last decade to win a series? How is anyone’s list longer than 2? Lol

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Got it re Van. Well I do think they seem better on paper with the having the middle core be top 10 in the league.. and JT Miller and a few other pieces seem good. But since Petter didnt perform and Demko was injured takes some of that lustre away. I dont know squat about the GM Allvin.. but he cant be worse than Blake.. nor could their president.. so therefore, they get the nod over LAK in my book.. but its a close call.

I do appreciate Allvin, yeah. It's narrow but clear, can agree with that.

I guess in the end the point is the Kings are a bottom quarter franchise with the attitude that they're a top quarter franchise because they're profitable.

aren’t the Kings one of the only three teams in the last decade to win a series? How is anyone’s list longer than 2? Lol

Mostly because there are teams that are doing the same terrible things we're doing for much longer and for multiple front offices

I mean sure some of those other guys have won a round but if we would have beat the OIlers and lost to the Canucks would you say we're a top franchise? That's about the 'success' the other teams have had outside of some lightning strikes (MTL, for example, no one in the world believed they'd do that again).

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
pittsburgh is looking pretty bad
calgary ouch
lumbus is hurtin

its surprizing to me that people dont realize how much of a mess we truly are. but i guess the guys signing the checks for these boys dont give a f*** so why should i ??? once again it all comes down to expectations and if yours are to be entertained by mediocrity and a team that wont stick up physically for one another then have at it.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
pittsburgh is looking pretty bad
calgary ouch
lumbus is hurtin

its surprizing to me that people dont realize how much of a mess we truly are. but i guess the guys signing the checks for these boys dont give a f*** so why should i ??? once again it all comes down to expectations and if yours are to be entertained by mediocrity and a team that wont stick up physically for one another then have at it.

I dunno. I just think it's possible to hammer Blake while looking around the league. I could be convinced of some of them, but have they really given us the benefit of the doubt? For example, I love Fantilli--but otherwise CBJ seems content to keep running it back without changing much. Until their management shows different, they're just a reskinned Kings. Calgary, ugh, they're basically a carbon copy down to having a guy from Blake's era in Conroy and an anchor in Huberdeau, would you really rather be Calgary? Ottawa and Buffalo have some better 'pieces' but their front offices are arguably a worse shitshow than ours until proven otherwise. So I guess from that standpoint--I COULD be convinced that the only franchises worse off are Calgary, Pittsburgh, but the others are so close it's not a big deal to me, even down to the delusional management. There are things we do objectively better--like drafting--and objectively worse--like coaching and development--that ends up a wash.

Reactions: chris kontos

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I just have issues with management. It's an imperfect roster with holes in the pipeline, but I wouldn't want to outright switch it all out.

Reactions: kingsboy11

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
I dunno. I just think it's possible to hammer Blake while looking around the league. I could be convinced of some of them, but have they really given us the benefit of the doubt? For example, I love Fantilli--but otherwise CBJ seems content to keep running it back without changing much. Until their management shows different, they're just a reskinned Kings. Calgary, ugh, they're basically a carbon copy down to having a guy from Blake's era in Conroy and an anchor in Huberdeau, would you really rather be Calgary? Ottawa and Buffalo have some better 'pieces' but their front offices are arguably a worse shitshow than ours until proven otherwise. So I guess from that standpoint--I COULD be convinced that the only franchises worse off are Calgary, Pittsburgh, but the others are so close it's not a big deal to me, even down to the delusional management. There are things we do objectively better--like drafting--and objectively worse--like coaching and development--that ends up a wash.
I wouldnt mind buffalo- they have better goaltending and soon they have to have better results. How about we keep aeg and buffalo's owner stays. I make that deal.
Somebody also said detroit was worse off than us but i think thats nuts- id trade montebello and our team for detroit's operation right now.
I also think ottowa on track to success but they need to get rid of that goaltender. Then id trade. New owner guy is probaly motivated to win.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I just have issues with management. It's an imperfect roster with holes in the pipeline, but I wouldn't want to outright switch it all out.
You get to keep the logo/history, just swap out the front office, roster and pipeline... so that should take some of the emotion out of it... you get to prove to yourself how moribund the franchise is

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
At this exact moment I’d probably list

Absolutely not
Montreal
Calgary
Buffalo
Philadelphia
Columbus
Washington
Ottawa

I feel lateral moves
Minnesota
Pittsburgh
Detroit
St Louis
New York Islanders

And I’m torn on New Jersey. They should be better but they just can’t seem to get there so I can’t debate if it’s a lateral move or an absolutely not.
Well thought out.. Minne with Suter and Parise off the books after 24/25 season looks OK to me. Jersey with a goalie could be OK. Agree re Washington - I shouldve put them on the list.

Reactions: Docgonzo

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
You get to keep the logo/history, just swap out the front office, roster and pipeline... so that should take some of the emotion out of it... you get to prove to yourself how moribund the franchise is
I understood the assignment.

I just wouldn't want to do a 1:1 change with any organization. I would simply want new management to make the appropriate changes with what LA currently has.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I understood the assignment.

I just wouldn't want to do a 1:1 change with any organization. I would simply want new management to make the appropriate changes with what LA currently has.
I for one would take the Ducks GM, pipe and roster.. Verbeek seems sharp with a vision. Lots of good young players and a top 3 pick this season.

Reactions: chris kontos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad