Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
It's embarrassing how many people I've seen peg Edmonton as a playoff team in the Pacific this year; like, what did they even do?

Their defense got a little better and their forwards got a little worse, how does that turn the 3rd worst team in the league into a top 3-5 finisher in their division?

It's asinine, they're still the clear cut bottom dweller of the division in my eyes

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It's embarrassing how many people I've seen peg Edmonton as a playoff team in the Pacific this year; like, what did they even do?

Their defense got a little better and their forwards got a little worse, how does that turn the 3rd worst team in the league into a top 3-5 finisher in their division?

It's asinine, they're still the clear cut bottom dweller of the division in my eyes

You don't believe in their elite center depth?

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
You don't believe in their elite center depth?

Lol, they have a lot of good founding pieces to build on, and McDavid and RNH are definitely very, very good young players who should be good for another whole generation still

But they turned Taylor Hall into Milan Lucic, that is such a downgrade I don't think I can even propely express it

Lucic at this point is a net negative player who takes dumb penalties and gets dumb suspensions but no one on the other side is intimidated because they know he's not going to help his team win in any tangle or intangible way

Hall wasn't a well rounded player, but he can still sleepwalk his was to nearly PPG seasons, and they traded him for a #2/3 D and signed a plugger to take his spot; the downgrade is catastrophic

I said their forwards got "a little worse" because I believe in McDavid as the real deal next big thing, and think he should improve substantially over the next few years, but outside of his improvements, finally adding a real defensive defenseman, and getting yet another shiny new toy in the draft, the Oilers should be worse next year, not better

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Lol, they have a lot of good founding pieces to build on, and McDavid and RNH are definitely very, very good young players who should be good for another whole generation still

But they turned Taylor Hall into Milan Lucic, that is such a downgrade I don't think I can even propely express it

Lucic at this point is a net negative player who takes dumb penalties and gets dumb suspensions but no one on the other side is intimidated because they know he's not going to help his team win in any tangle or intangible way

Hall wasn't a well rounded player, but he can still sleepwalk his was to nearly PPG seasons, and they traded him for a #2/3 D and signed a plugger to take his spot; the downgrade is catastrophic

I said their forwards got "a little worse" because I believe in McDavid as the real deal next big thing, and think he should improve substantially over the next few years, but outside of his improvements, finally adding a real defensive defenseman, and getting yet another shiny new toy in the draft, the Oilers should be worse next year, not better

I think they won't be a bottom feeder but i'm not particularly impressed yet. They have a solid goalie, they might have a defensive top 4 made up of top 4 dmen, and they might have offensive depth. I'm not fond of McLellan's system either.

I won't be shocked if they compete but I'm not expecting it.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
let's be clear here... VAN is the worst in the division

Lol, I keep forgetting they're in the Pacific, and yes, they definitely could be worse than the Oilers

I think the Eriksson contact was the single worst one thrown out on July 1st this year, even worse than Lucic or Backes

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Seeing tweets that Kings making up their minds on Seto.

And he's a repeat offender.

Crosby with a concussion (from Friday practice). :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad