OT: NHL Network Is Awful!

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
For the first time in years, I have NHL Network, and it's terrible!

The shows, while perhaps well-intentioned, are ridiculously poorly produced and equally uninformed.

The 30 Best Goals of the 80's:

- Mike Bossy scored a goal in the Game 6 Whales Conference Final against the Rangers? Huh?

- Mike Bossy's both feet off the ice goal vs. Vancouver in Game three of the final is not in the top 30?

- The hosts have absolutely no substance. They're plastic and affected. For the love of God, take some classes and do some research.

NHL Network is only good for the national games. Other than that, it's complete garbage!

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
For the first time in years, I have NHL Network, and it's terrible!

The shows, while perhaps well-intentioned, are ridiculously poorly produced and equally uninformed.

The 30 Best Goals of the 80's:

- Mike Bossy scored a goal in the Game 6 Whales Conference Final against the Rangers? Huh?

- Mike Bossy's both feet off the ice goal vs. Vancouver in Game three of the final is not in the top 30?

- The hosts have absolutely no substance. They're plastic and affected. For the love of God, take some classes and do some research.

NHL Network is only good for the national games. Other than that, it's complete garbage!

It's the summer. Nothing is happening for the network to even cover right now. During the season it's good to put on after all the games have concluded to catch a recap of every game in the NHL, but just like every other sport specific network, there isn't much value beyond that.

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
all these League networks stink.

how many times on NHL or NFL network do they have "classic" games which are six months old.

they original content of these networks are all out dated too.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
The only thing good about NHL network is draft/freee agency/trade deadline day and being about to watch random games otherwise it's a waste of space

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
all these League networks stink.

NHL is easily the worst, and its not even close

However I personally liked the MLB channel and NFL network, not a basketball fan so can't comment but I'm sure its not as bad as the NHL Network. Don't know the dudes name but whenever I see the guy with slick black hair hosting the nightly highlights show I turn it off, phony enthusiasm

edit: Tony Luftman...saw he used to work for WWE, figures :laugh:

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
NHL is easily the worst, and its not even close

However I personally liked the MLB channel and NFL network, not a basketball fan so can't comment but I'm sure its not as bad as the NHL Network. Don't know the dudes name but whenever I see the guy with slick black hair hosting the nightly highlights show I turn it off, phony enthusiasm

edit: Tony Luftman...saw he used to work for WWE, figures :laugh:

I hate him most!

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I dont even think its available in canada anymore so that says alot .

I know its related to rogers having the nhl rights etc.. but still , if an nhl channel cant make it in canada your in trouble

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
NHL Network is not that bad quite honestly during hockey season they show every goal scored, sometimes the good saves, sometimes the fights... interview key players, have some good analysis, like Dave Reid and Kevin Weekes.

It is not on a production level as the Jeff Indyke Drum show on public access or something :)

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
While I agree much of what is broadcasted on NHL Network during the offseason is unwatchable, I will also say that I enjoyed the shows NHL Now, NHL tonight especially before big games and NHL On The Fly on Isles off days all last season.

NHL Now offered (copying from their own announcement in 2016) a fast-paced format that included Arena Cam, interviews from morning skates around the League, commentary from analysts and correspondents throughout the game, and interviews with players and team personnel. I think it is an awesome show led by EJ Hradek.
(Who is an Islander fan but is also level headed and does not play favorites). You may not agree with everything being said, but if you can take non-homer NHL coverage it is a great show.

NHL Tonight does pre-game analysis starting at 6pm and On the Fly cuts in and out of games all evening.

If you enjoy NHL hockey as much as I do and live outside NY, these are very well done and shows to watch in my opinion. Many times much more even than local NY media coverage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad