NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - FRESH DOWN THERE PHASE NINETEEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It took me 40+ minutes to get through one traffic light at 6:15 on a Tuesday. THESE PEOPLE NEED TO GO HOME.
no-nope.gif

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
322 after 95, like a mile before rt 1 junction? Brutal there

No, that would make sense. You sign up for traffic there. It was on Somers Point-Mays Landing Road heading into Route 40 traveling away from the shore. I have no idea what happened, but there were 4 fire trucks from multiple towns and I saw a Medi-Vac take off that may or may not have been related.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
It took me 40+ minutes to get through one traffic light at 6:15 on a Tuesday. THESE PEOPLE NEED TO GO HOME.
Look on the bright side. In a few more years, they'll all be drowned.

You're a great guy and I'm sure you will be making up your picks any moment.
To be fair, he's been away from his desk since last July.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Good morning, Quacks. Are you fresh down there?

Ce4C.gif

We start the day with @Strawberry Fields still on the clock for about four more hours. @Hollywood Cannon is on deck in here and on the exhausted clock in the last phase, so he is sort of straddling time and space. Someone named Ty Dollar Sign is on this commercial that runs basically non-stop, including right now. I don't know who he is, but he is stupid and the beverage he is advertising is stupid and the song playing in the background is stupid and I am annoyed. @Striiker is on the lido deck and pit is on the lido afterdeck.

While we were on break, we got a phone call here in the middle of East Buttf***, Egypt. Here is how it went.

"Hi, this is the Missouri Conservation Society. We just wanted to confirm that you do have a bear on your property."

oRyuLxy.gif

I don't know if they came out and tested for scat, or scanned things from a drone, or took the information they were given and deduced, or whatever. I did know that it was theoretically possible to have bears here, but I didn't really think it was very likely. There have been heavy things overturned, things which we didn't think raccoons could manage to Hulk ass over teakettle, so I guess a bear did it. I'm really torn (figuratively), because I want to see it and feed it sandwiches, but I also don't want to put to the test the well-known fact that bears will outrun you, even though I also kind of want to race him. I don't necessarily want to hug him like a moose, but I kind of want to hug him, even though I am sure he smells like ass. Then again, I have been re-watching "Trailer Park Boys," so I may be confusing bears with samsquanches.

We also had a fox who had one of the three remaining old chickens in his mouth before retribution found him. I didn't see the whole attack - I just saw the fox carcass full of bullet holes right in front of the front porch in the middle of the day. I would have been sad, but he f***ed with my chickens, and that's not cool. I saw the chicken curled up in the middle of a pile of its feathers and assumed it was dead, but when I got closer I saw its eyes blink in terror and stupidity, so it turned out the fox didn't have time to feast. It has been a long road back through trauma, but she seems to be more or less back to normal lately.

I also had a dream where I was in a room with a bunch of hot girls and I couldn't stop farting. In fact, I didn't even try to stop farting. But that is a story for another day.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I filled in the boxes for the people who chose the categories in the Double Timer thing last phrase. @mja picked Dinosaur Jr. to perform it and just has to tell me what the anthem is. He can do so at any time he wants, but if it's not the existing national anthem of this or some other country - like if it's a pop song of some kind - he should probably pick it as his selection during one of his turns, since NO DUPLICATES applies to non-national anthem anthems.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I don't know if they came out and tested for scat, or scanned things from a drone, or took the information they were given and deduced, or whatever. I did know that it was theoretically possible to have bears here, but I didn't really think it was very likely. There have been heavy things overturned, things which we didn't think raccoons could manage to Hulk ass over teakettle, so I guess a bear did it. I'm really torn (figuratively), because I want to see it and feed it sandwiches, but I also don't want to put to the test the well-known fact that bears will outrun you, even though I also kind of want to race him. I don't necessarily want to hug him like a moose, but I kind of want to hug him, even though I am sure he smells like ass. Then again, I have been re-watching "Trailer Park Boys," so I may be confusing bears with samsquanches.

My wife used to hug a bear on their property when she was a kid. What is wrong with you people?

I was going to say something about how it could disembowel you without breaking a sweat, but I'm now realizing that I hug her and she also fits that description. Well, this is a morning.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Then so will I. :laugh:
You=Rival.

In other good news, took avatar kitty to the vet yesterday for her 6 month onco follow up. She'd been getting sick every few weeks, throwing up and not eating for a day or so. Since she originally went in for stomach lymphoma, we were worried that it might be coming back. Ultrasound still sees no signs, just some symptoms of slightly worsening IBS and mild pancreatitis, both of which explain her symptoms. We're now 4 1/2 years out from a best case 18-month prognosis. Still can't believe that.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Good morning, Quacks. Are you fresh down there?

Ce4C.gif

We start the day with @Strawberry Fields still on the clock for about four more hours. @Hollywood Cannon is on deck in here and on the exhausted clock in the last phase, so he is sort of straddling time and space. Someone named Ty Dollar Sign is on this commercial that runs basically non-stop, including right now. I don't know who he is, but he is stupid and the beverage he is advertising is stupid and the song playing in the background is stupid and I am annoyed. @Striiker is on the lido deck and pit is on the lido afterdeck.

While we were on break, we got a phone call here in the middle of East Buttf***, Egypt. Here is how it went.

"Hi, this is the Missouri Conservation Society. We just wanted to confirm that you do have a bear on your property."

oRyuLxy.gif

We also had a fox who had one of the three remaining old chickens in his mouth before retribution found him. I didn't see the whole attack - I just saw the fox carcass full of bullet holes right in front of the front porch in the middle of the day. I would have been sad, but he f***ed with my chickens, and that's not cool. I saw the chicken curled up in the middle of a pile of its feathers and assumed it was dead, but when I got closer I saw its eyes blink in terror and stupidity, so it turned out the fox didn't have time to feast. It has been a long road back through trauma, but she seems to be more or less back to normal lately.

I also had a dream where I was in a room with a bunch of hot girls and I couldn't stop farting. In fact, I didn't even try to stop farting. But that is a story for another day.

Stab the bear

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You=Rival.

In other good news, took avatar kitty to the vet yesterday for her 6 month onco follow up. She'd been getting sick every few weeks, throwing up and not eating for a day or so. Since she originally went in for stomach lymphoma, we were worried that it might be coming back. Ultrasound still sees no signs, just some symptoms of slightly worsening IBS and mild pancreatitis, both of which explain her symptoms. We're now 4 1/2 years out from a best case 18-month prognosis. Still can't believe that.

A legendarily damned good kitty.

Reactions: BiggE and ajgoal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad