Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
1930134F-8EE2-43AC-913E-DE27566868B1.gif

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Laine will not be interested in a team that already has a top line set. We all know Sweeney cannot land a big fish anyways. Nice dream but they really need to address the Left dee spot - today they have only ONE signed - Moore. Zboril is ready to play on the big club on the bottom pair with Lauzon (who can play his off side, they have played together in the AHL). Grizz and Carlo together and find a decent guy for Mac, looks like the big targets are gone so think younger and long term like Dunn or Hanifin. They do not need to be an alpha, just be solid and sound and let Mac elevate his game.

Smith I think should play with Krech. Perfect scenario for a pass first guy like Krech - a pure shoot first guy in Smith. Jake cannot play with Krech. Kase needs to find his scoring, do it with Coyle and Jake. Krech needs guys that play at his pace and will get him the puck and a pure shooter. Stud can play the left side with him and Smith. Stud is good at hounding pucks and digging them out and finding the open man. They can both set Smith up. Sign Grizz, Jake and get a Left Dee for Mac. Sweeney will not go big and is holding back. So a decent deeman is probably pare for the course and as big as he is going.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
@NeelyDan I'm like an addict who just can't stop, I love this place but am so undisciplined in my real life that important #$%^& is falling by the wayside. It's sad really.

You are right though, &^%$ this retirement stuff. Talking Bruins with all you fine folks is just too much fun. I'll simply have to pull up my bootstraps and get busy with the important stuff in RL so I can find the time drop in here from time to time and have a blast talking all things Bruins.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Would of, should of and probably could of signed Hoffman. I believe that if you want to give all the young defensemen a chance to prove themselves then more scoring will help alleviate the pressure.

The more offensive zone time you can manage plus additional scoring can only help to ease the young players into the fold. You want to at least put them in situations where they are not always trying to defend 1 goal leads. Give them some support to adjust.

Smith and Hoffman could really help with their goal scoring abilities.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Wonder if the flames would do Moore + Bjork for Sam Bennett?
They could use some depth defence and Bjork is signed for cheap for 3 seasons

Bennett-Coyle-Smith line could be very interesting and it saves us 1.8 million on the cap

Reactions: bbfan419

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
There’s only one man for this job. The man who once scored 4 touchdown for Polk high against Spare tire Dixon and Andrew Johnson High. Save us Al Bundy.

Let’s Rock

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Should Hoffman not sign with Boston it's going to be a very long trade rumoured filled 2.5 months. I'm thinking the bruins have made a decision about the future of the club...in particular what Neely has stated early September.

Neely said Thursday. “Can we compete for a Stanley Cup? And if we can, what do we have to do to our roster to do that? So, we have to really be honest with ourselves in assessing our team and assessing our players in the organization. See where we’re going to — where we think we really are going to be. I mean, if we have to be as honest – as brutally honest as possible about where we think we’re going to be in the next couple years we have to react accordingly to that.”

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This was looking to be a great morning until I saw @lost peanut say the Bruins front office were heavy into analytics, and then my heart sunk. So thanks for that. ;)

As for Chara, I'm not surprised he's exploring other options. The man can count to 8 and he can see that the Bruins basically have 8 NHL D-men on one-way contracts that need waivers to be sent down. Why the front office prefers to employ John Moore or even worse, Kevan Miller on one good leg after nearly 2-years without NHL game-time is beyond me, but it is what it is. What bothers me a bit is it seems like the front office are jerking him around. If we fans can see that it doesn't look promising for a Bruin return, why can't the Bruins front office be up front with Chara? Sweeney wants Lauzon and Zboril to get opportunities to play and he knows with Chara here they will see a reduced role. Butch won't hesitate to scratch Moore or Clifton in favor of Zboril or Lauzon. But Chara? I'm not so sure.

I think a lot more of Laine than most. But I don't see a fit here one the ice, especially if his beef in Winnipeg is not getting to play much with their No.1 Center. How will he feel here in a few years when the Bruins don't even have anyone resembling a No.1 center? He's not getting Pasta's PP one-timer spot either. And has been stated, the Bruins simply don't have the currency to get in on a Laine deal as they are not moving Pasta or McAvoy and none of the under-25 crew that is left over has anywhere near the pedigree/upside I think the Winnipeg Jets need to get back to justify a Laine trade. I don't think this issue bothers Cheveldayoff one bit based on his handling of Trouba, who asked for a trade and ended up signing a contract. Chevy won't move Laine until he gets his price I don't think.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This was looking to be a great morning until I saw @lost peanut say the Bruins front office were heavy into analytics, and then my heart sunk. So thanks for that. ;)

As for Chara, I'm not surprised he's exploring other options. The man can count to 8 and he can see that the Bruins basically have 8 NHL D-men on one-way contracts that need waivers to be sent down. Why the front office prefers to employ John Moore or even worse, Kevan Miller on one good leg after nearly 2-years without NHL game-time is beyond me, but it is what it is. What bothers me a bit is it seems like the front office are jerking him around. If we fans can see that it doesn't look promising for a Bruin return, why can't the Bruins front office be up front with Chara? Sweeney wants Lauzon and Zboril to get opportunities to play and he knows with Chara here they will see a reduced role. Butch won't hesitate to scratch Moore or Clifton in favor of Zboril or Lauzon. But Chara? I'm not so sure.

I think a lot more of Laine than most. But I don't see a fit here one the ice, especially if his beef in Winnipeg is not getting to play much with their No.1 Center. How will he feel here in a few years when the Bruins don't even have anyone resembling a No.1 center? He's not getting Pasta's PP one-timer spot either. And has been stated, the Bruins simply don't have the currency to get in on a Laine deal as they are not moving Pasta or McAvoy and none of the under-25 crew that is left over has anywhere near the pedigree/upside I think the Winnipeg Jets need to get back to justify a Laine trade. I don't think this issue bothers Cheveldayoff one bit based on his handling of Trouba, who asked for a trade and ended up signing a contract. Chevy won't move Laine until he gets his price I don't think.
I’m with you here 100%

sign Hoffman 1 year

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hoffman-Krejci-Kase
DeBrusk-Coyle -Smith

Give them the President’s Trophy now - or tell them to just hold on to one they get

among the Krejci cluelessness over the years is he can’t play defense

Bwhahahaha

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Laine? Folks, sometimes we just do this to ourselves.

Here's how that timeline will go:
-Laine rumored to be available
-Bruins "among teams interested"
-Laine traded to the Flyers
-Bruins sign Anton Wedin for 4th line depth
I’d rather have Hoffman for just money or do that Islanders deal for Nick Leddy to help them deal with the Cap

Reactions: BrainOfJ

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
That’d be great but I don’t see Tampa doing it with Boston. Not sure they’d help their biggest competition.
I’d agree but at the same time we are talking about guys with no trades and not many contending teams that can take on that money. I don’t think these guys would want to go to Ottawa or Jersey or Buffalo. Hopefully it’s something they have explored.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
How do people feel about helping Tampa with their cap situation if it meant a Killorn or a McDonagh coming back?

I felt this team missed out on a great chance to find a pair for McAvoy when they let Tampa beat them in that trade. Not sure what it would take to land McDonagh. Probably Studnicka + Vaak which would sting because he went for less when Tampa got him.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad