NHL Entry Draft: NHL DUDE 120 Mock Draft Lottery

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Thought I'd play around and create a mock draft that tries it's best to be realistic to team needs. Used tankathon to simulate the lottery. Top 3 picks belong to Ottawa, Arizona and Montreal. I'm gonna try to predict the first 16 picks. I apologize if I didn't do a good job with your team but I wanted to try my best. It's my first half round mock draft.

1. Ottawa: Shane Wright. Easy pick, Ottawa gets top tier center depth to go with Norris, Jimmy and Pinto.

2. Arizona: Matthew Savoie. He's still a 1C prospect comparable to Barzal so Yotes fans are still happy.

3. Montreal: David Jiricek. A little off the board's but with Weber pretty much retired the Habs need to look for a replacement and Jiricek has qualities comparable to Webber.

4. Buffalo: Logan Cooley. With Eichel gone Buffalo needs a 1C and Cooley can be that guy and has potential 1C upside.

5. Vancouver:Simon Nemec: Flip a coin between Jiricek and Nemec to decide between the best two RHD. Him and Hughes give Vancouver a potential top pairing.

6. Columbus: Joakim Kemell. I debated between him and Slafkovsky but I feel like Columbus could one day have a Laine-Johnson-Kemell lineup. Kemell knows how to put the puck in the net and plays with skill and tenacity.

7. Seattle Kraken: Ivan Miroshnichenko. 6"1 has size not having the greatest season but with time he could certainly fit a need for the Kraken.

8. New York Islanders: Brad Lambert. Islanders come away with a potential steal. Can play center or RW. Could complement Raty just nicely. Has potential of high end skill BUT he needs a tough no nonsense management to keep him accountable.

9. Philadelphia Flyers: Connor Geeke. I actually almost had him go to to Seattle to play with his brother but went with another direction. Geeke was ranked in the mix for a top five pick so Philly is getting a steal.

10. New Jersey Devils: Frank Nazar. Although he's listed as a center he can play RW. He's scheduled to go to university of Michigan next year.

11. LA Kings: Ryan Chesley. So this is a bit of an off the board pick but Ryan Chesley is a 2 way D-men who could be a top pairing or a top 4 RHD. With Clarke, Doughty and Chesley LA will have sweet depth on the Right side. Plus by the time Doughty his 35 Chesley and Clarke will be starting their NHL careers hopefully.

12. Columbus: Rutger McGroarty. He's scheduled to play for University of Michigan a 6"0 205 center who plays a power forward like game. He's gonna play with Kent Johnson (if he stays another year). A core of Johnson, Kemell, Sillinger and McGroarty. Lets just say it has more firepower then your cannons.

13. Detroit: Noah Ostlund. He's a two way center has 22 pts in 16 games although lacks size. Considering how good Detroit is with developing prospects they could have a gem on their hands.

14. San Jose Sharks: Elias Salomonsson. With Burn nearing the end of his illustrious career the Sharks should be looking to find the future. Both Karlsson and Burns are in their 30's and Salomonsson plays for the same Swedish Elite league that Karlsson played for(not important fun fact.). Had I not gone off the board for the King's pick I would have had Chestley go to the Sharks. It's also a bit of a reach.

15. Winning Jets:Seamus Casey. Another Michigan bound player(makes me wish Powers and Berniers stay another year). A Right Handed offensive D-men who could quarterback a power play.

16. Pittsburgh Penguins: Danila Yurov. Pittsburgh gets a potential steal here a RW prototypical 2 way Russian forward. Building for the future after 3 cups. Craig Button has him 7th on his list and Bob Mackenzie has him at #8.

Last edited:

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
lambert seems to be falling and wheres Juraj Slafkovsky? at one point it felt like wright savoie slaf and lambert would all be top 4 or 6 with the way they were being hyped

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
Thing is that if there’s a potential #1 centre available should Montreal be picking, they’ll likely take him after losing out on Kotkaneimi (sp?) and already having d-man Kaiden Guhlie in the system

Reactions: Benstheman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad