GDT: NHL Draft Weekend Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Blackwood had a 3.09 when drafted on a better defensive team. Chill. They're talking about Cormier now and they're pretty complimentary now.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Goalies are so random we should probably take a late round flier on one almost every year.

TV guys just said he faced the second most shots in the league.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Goalies are so random we should probably take a late round flier on one almost every year.

TV guys just said he faced the second most shots in the league.

Exactly. Pick one every season. Drafting goalies is like flinging **** at the wall, eventually one will stick.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Never draft for need.

Well with a high pick no but when you start getting into the middle rounds all these players are rated so closely for the most part. We're clearly drafting and trading for the C/RW needs at least.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Please tell me that's a typo:rant:

Nope. But I was mostly jesting. At this point it's all about their potential, in which case their junior numbers would have very little impact. He has the tools to be decent one day then that's what they're looking at and I have no clue if he does or not.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Blackwood had a 3.09 when drafted on a better defensive team. Chill. They're talking about Cormier now and they're pretty complimentary now.

Agreed.

NHL size & athleticism, just needs refinement on positioning and angles. Great glove hand.

It's the fourth round. Getting a goalie with NHL starter upside is not a bad pick.

Group Chat Legend*

Anyone think there is trading action after the draft? Or will things cool orf until July 1st

I was expecting more trade action.

And I still want Yakupov. Give them our 2018 2nd and Merrill for Yakupov and a 2017 3rd

Group Chat Legend*

Anyone think there is trading action after the draft? Or will things cool orf until July 1st

I was expecting more trade action.

And I still want Yakupov. Give them our 2018 2nd and Merrill for Yakupov and a 2017 3rd

Not our 2018 2nd but the one we acquired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad